• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST 13 Oct 2022| Our First Famiversary!

Which of the following October games will you be buying?

• Persona 5 Royal

Votes: 117 37.7%
  • Bayonetta 3

Votes: 181 58.4%
  • Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope

Votes: 122 39.4%
  • NieR:Automata The End Of YoRHa Edition

Votes: 123 39.7%
  • None of the above

Votes: 48 15.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from seeing Hawkman and the JSA. Oh and the Rock was there.

Honestly the actual flashback parts of Teth Adam were good. But JSA was the best part, we got the newbies, a legacy hero, the older timer. And Gear head muscle brain Hawkman XD, which I did not expect but plays super well. I mean he was always a Gear hero, he never had that many powers outside the reincarnation so playing up that angle actually works well. Also when Fate’s Helmet’s eyes lit up, oh man, Pierce was awesome. And the new guys were a nice balance with the dork and competent one XD

Welp I don't know if the game is good or not, but sorry Mexican laws, you didn't specified DIGITAL cards of Garbage pail kids are illegal, you can't stop me now!

BLkxvWQ.jpg

And no, I'm not kidding about the illegal part:

4zEGF5k.png

Hey all, completely fallen out of the loop with GenDisc lately.

Do we have someone for the November ST? Just to keep tabs.

I need @Irene to do another backlog challenge thread 👀

I’ve actually been pretty good at backlogging lately, so if I were to do another one, I would be much more successful than in the first one myself.

Hey all, completely fallen out of the loop with GenDisc lately.

Do we have someone for the November ST? Just to keep tabs.

I’ve actually been pretty good at backlogging lately, so if I were to do another one, I would be much more successful than in the first one myself.
I think @bellydrum wanted to do November’s ST.

I’m happy I finished Trails From Zero today after 63 hours since I’m all set to move right into Bayonetta 3 when my copy arrives. Easily the game I’m most excited about for the rest of the year and it’s been so long coming. Then I’ll go all in on Mario and Rabbids 2 finally.

It seems my Steam Cloud files are still out of sync and when I started Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, I had none of my saved data to continue with...

I'm doing a Pokemon Platinum Map Randomizer (where every door leads to a random room/area) and my notes are becoming a manic Pepe Silvia-esque mess

76aa5db34d3ff77513bf1228d606a31e8f59d73d.jpg

Funny, currently a slow phase at work while we wait for a new project to ramp up, i'm kinda feeling bored.

As annoying as constanly F5-ing the My Nintendo Store for Xeno 3 CE and Bayo 1 was, it at least kept me occupied with something.

I should take one of the Switches from home with me so i could at least play during lunch break.

In the course of my studies I have stumbled upon pigeon paramyxoviruses and now I need a game where you play a corn kernel trying to survive an onslaught of zombie pigeons

It's a real shame they didn't put Bayonetta 2 on sale for the release of 3. I've been waiting literal years now.

Magic-Man has one, don't know if it's different or if you've missed it
Oh I saw that but I'm pretty sure it's him chronicling his own backlog burn, so I didn't wanna jump in on it and be all "mine too!!" 😅

I'm not saying DF ruined people, but it's making reading impressions really difficult. It's like 90% of impressions are "there is stuttering on my state of the art PC" or "the resolution is bad", while the other 10% is actually about the game itself. I never got this sentiment from enthusiast forums before, or maybe I was just blind to it.

Oh i forgot i'm about to get a 50€ gift coupon from Media Markt for having ordered the Pixel Smartwatch there, i think i'm gonna use it for a third party game.

Nier would work as it's 50€ iirc. But there's also Harvestella coming up.

Too many games, damn. I need an army of clones for all this.

I'm not saying DF ruined people, but it's making reading impressions really difficult. It's like 90% of impressions are "there is stuttering on my state of the art PC" or "the resolution is bad", while the other 10% is actually about the game itself. I never got this sentiment from enthusiast forums before, or maybe I was just blind to it.

Kids today are spoiled, when i was young, there was nothing but shit performance and we liked it! Old man rant mode off

But really, i keep reading all these impressions and just think to myself that sub-20fps during N64 and so on really made me numb for performance problems.
As long as it runs somewhat decently, i'm fine.

Oh i forgot i'm about to get a 50€ gift coupon from Media Markt for having ordered the Pixel Smartwatch there, i think i'm gonna use it for a third party game.

Nier would work as it's 50€ iirc. But there's also Harvestella coming up.

Too many games, damn. I need an army of clones for all this.

Kids today are spoiled, when i was young, there was nothing but shit performance and we liked it! Old man rant mode off

But really, i keep reading all these impressions and just think to myself that sub-20fps during N64 and so on really made me numb for performance problems.
As long as it runs somewhat decently, i'm fine.

I agree and I get it, performance matters but I also care about the actual gameplay and other aspects. I was barely able to get actual gameplay impressions from SO6 thread on enthusiast website.

I agree and I get it, performance matters but I also care about the actual gameplay and other aspects. I was barely able to get actual gameplay impressions from SO6 thread on enthusiast website.
Yeah it's really frustrating. I like having a vague idea of what performance will be like so I can make informed decisions (like grabbing SO6 on PC instead of PS4) but at least talk about the meat of the game...

For what it's worth, as a big enjoyer of the Star Ocean franchise, SO6 is delivering on everything I was hoping it would, so far. The gameplay feels like a mix of SO4 and the Zestiria/Berseria era of Tales, in a way where I'm enjoying it better than either. Map traversal feels great. The story and characters are pretty typical SO so far, so it's a little goofy in that campy anime Star Trek way, and it reminds me of somewhere between SO2 and SO3 on that front so far. I'm only a couple hours in though.

Bayonetta 3 won't be here until next week which means I should have time to finish OoT3D this weekend.

Sunday evening after doing jack shit for two days

giphy.gif

My copy of Bayo 3 probably won't be here until tomorrow but I have yet to beat Bayo 2 so it was unlikely that I would start playing today. Think I'm going to start Persona 5 Royal while I'm at my doctors appointment

That would be unfair for the real life doc, they would never be as cool as the doc in Persona 5.
She may be cool but she is honestly a criminally irresponsible doctor lol. You're not allowed to experiment on your patients!

She may be cool but she is honestly a criminally irresponsible doctor lol. You're not allowed to experiment on your patients!

It's a small price to pay for a "criminal" to get premium medical treatment 24/7, i'd say.

Can't date my doctor in real life though. Maybe my nurse but I'm sure I'd be kicked out and she'd be fired.
I actually really doubt that. Ethics on these kinds of things tend to be very loosely enforced. University professors, of all people, get away with sleeping with their students all the time. Hell, you can be a Supreme Court judge when your wife was an active participant in the January 6th insurrection attempt and not recuse yourself from related cases

Damn, doesn't she have an aide or manager that could tell her to drop Twitter for some weeks?

I mean, ultimately i'd like her to get the opposition she deserves for her incredibly shitty views, but i kinda fear this gets on the same level like with Kamiya when this all started, just flat out attacks and harassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom