• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo eShop |ST Aug. 2022|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really psyched about the news today that Tinykin is day one on Game Pass. I know this is the Nintendo eShop thread but it often is our best place for indie discussion so I wanted to mention that news in case anyone else is interested.

I'm really psyched about the news today that Tinykin is day one on Game Pass. I know this is the Nintendo eShop thread but it often is our best place for indie discussion so I wanted to mention that news in case anyone else is interested.

I haven’t heard of Tinykin so I’ll have to look it up since I have GP :)

I absolutely loved the demo so this was great news for me. Now I'll play it on Game Pass first and hold out for a physical Switch copy to double dip later.

Yeah, the demo was great and I'm really looking forward to it. I don't think there is an issue discussing things being on GP here, it's a nice heads up for people if they didn't know. Gamepass has saved me a lot of money with how it seems to be getting most of the big indie titles day one (I'm surprised Cult of the Lamb wasn't on it for instance) or shortly after. I definitely prefer playing on Switch, but I'm also very frugal, and if I can access it via GP that's what I'll do.

It's from the Splasher devs! I think you dug that one. 😄

Oh wow Splasher! That was a very early days Switch game that I did indeed enjoy :)

And OMG Tinykin is Pikmin!!! I’m absolutely playing this as soon as it releases on GP. Looks very fun and gorgeous!

What's the difference between the 2 switch versions of Puzzles & Dragons and were either worth getting?

I had fun with the 3ds game but I’m sure neither reach that one

What's the difference between the 2 switch versions of Puzzles & Dragons and were either worth getting?

I had fun with the 3ds game but I’m sure neither reach that one
I don't own it, but from what I understand Puzzle & Dragons Gold is mostly Player vs Player with an incredibly short single player story mode thrown in. It looks great, but is pretty much only for those who like to battle online.

I did buy Puzzle & Dragons: Nintendo Switch Edition when it was recently on sale for $2. I've played it for a couple of hours and I get the impression that it's basically the Switch version of the mobile game. Along with the usual PvP mode there's a bigger single player component. No real narrative, but a bunch of dungeons (series of battles and a boss) to clear. The team is pre-made and there's avatars, items and such to unlock. You can also create your own dungeon, but I haven't tried it yet. Overall I've gotten more than $2 of enjoyment out of it so I think it's worth it at that price, but it doesn't have the charm or presentation of the 3DS one.

If you absolutely need a Puzzle & Dragons game on Switch, go for "Nintendo Switch Edition" next time it's on sale. Otherwise I'd say just stick with the 3DS game. I think it's better than what's on Switch.

I don't own it, but from what I understand Puzzle & Dragons Gold is mostly Player vs Player with an incredibly short single player story mode thrown in. It looks great, but is pretty much only for those who like to battle online.

I did buy Puzzle & Dragons: Nintendo Switch Edition when it was recently on sale for $2. I've played it for a couple of hours and I get the impression that it's basically the Switch version of the mobile game. Along with the usual PvP mode there's a bigger single player component. No real narrative, but a bunch of dungeons (series of battles and a boss) to clear. The team is pre-made and there's avatars, items and such to unlock. You can also create your own dungeon, but I haven't tried it yet. Overall I've gotten more than $2 of enjoyment out of it so I think it's worth it at that price, but it doesn't have the charm or presentation of the 3DS one.

If you absolutely need a Puzzle & Dragons game on Switch, go for "Nintendo Switch Edition" next time it's on sale. Otherwise I'd say just stick with the 3DS game. I think it's better than what's on Switch.
Ok that’s what I wanted to check and it’s on sale at 2 again as it got a big update. Now if only it could get the crossover characters from the mobile game XD

There’s a pretty big sale for Bethesda games right now, the Doom Slayers collection is extremely cheap so grabbed that. I’m mostly interested in 2016, I thought that it would be more efficient to get it physically since it’s a big game but physical copies seem to never be cheap for the Switch, I think it’s out of print as well? Plus I suppose that the cheapest the collection has been physically was for used copies that don’t include the rest of the games. Either way that sale was too good to pass so grabbed it on the eShop instead.

Those games sometimes don’t match previous lows when they go on sale so I figured now is the perfect time to grab them. It would be probably too long to play them all in release order so I think I’ll just go through the base campaign of the first one and then play 2016 for now, will tackle the rest whenever I feel like it.

I picked up Rite for £4 and have been enjoying it a lot!

It's a fun little precision platformer along the lines of Celeste.

It's got neat pixel art and music. The levels are well designed - it's a rush to perfect a line through an impossible looking room and survive!

The controls are very responsive and the respawns are quick.

Overall, highly recommended, especially at the price! 👍

I picked up Rite for £4 and have been enjoying it a lot!

It's a fun little precision platformer along the lines of Celeste.

It's got neat pixel art and music. The levels are well designed - it's a rush to perfect a line through an impossible looking room and survive!

The controls are very responsive and the respawns are quick.

Overall, highly recommended, especially at the price! 👍
Another game developed by an Australian team :p

Looks good, Nintendo Life gave it a 9.

Psyched about Rite, thanks @docus for the impressions! I'm also excited about Tinykin, it's reviewing really well so far.

September is looking really good already and that's without the inevitable shadowdrops:

Here comes Niko!
Gerda: A Flame in Winter
Ooblets
NIS Classics vol. 3
Made in Abyss
Please, Touch the Artwork
Disney Dreamlight Valley
Jojo's All-star Battle R
Temtem
Splatoon 3
XIII
Return to Monkey Island
Potion Permit
The Diofield Chronicle
No Place for Bravery
Beacon Pines
Moonscars
Lemon Cake

September is looking really good already and that's without the inevitable shadowdrops:

Here comes Niko!
Gerda: A Flame in Winter
Ooblets
NIS Classics vol. 3
Made in Abyss
Please, Touch the Artwork
Disney Dreamlight Valley
Jojo's All-star Battle R
Temtem
Splatoon 3
XIII
Return to Monkey Island
Potion Permit
The Diofield Chronicle
No Place for Bravery
Beacon Pines
Moonscars
Lemon Cake
And that's just the half of it. There are much more coming next month:

Life is Strange Arcadia Collection
Taiko no Tatsujin Rhythm Festival
The Legend of Heroes Trails to Zero
Sword Art Online Alicization Lycoris
Dungeons III (nice little Dungeon Keeper clone)
Commandos 3 HD
Midnight Fight Express
Let's Build a Zoo
Anno Mutationem (finally)
Dorfromantik
Circus Eletricque (from Pinball FX guys)

Lost in Play is really great. Unbelievable animations and there seems to be an endless amount of them. Really a feel good game. Somehow it feels like Amanita design game but with a different wibe.

Just dipping my toe in the Dicey Dungeons waters. I'm not sure I've ever played a game like this before. Does it have some sort of overarching story or metagame or do you continually respawn as different random characters and situations? Just trying to figure out if it's got a defined end or story or how it works per se.

Just dipping my toe in the Dicey Dungeons waters. I'm not sure I've ever played a game like this before. Does it have some sort of overarching story or metagame or do you continually respawn as different random characters and situations? Just trying to figure out if it's got a defined end or story or how it works per se.
The storyline that is there is pretty basic. The characters' goal is to escape the dungeon. There is a set ending, but it requires you to beat episode 6 with all characters iirc (so the last episode for each character). For the most part, you will have different rulesets in different episodes while using the same character. There is some overlap, as episodes 4, 5, and 6 have the same rules for all characters.

The storyline that is there is pretty basic. The characters' goal is to escape the dungeon. There is a set ending, but it requires you to beat episode 6 with all characters iirc (so the last episode for each character). For the most part, you will have different rulesets in different episodes while using the same character. There is some overlap, as episodes 4, 5, and 6 have the same rules for all characters.
Thanks for the info! How hard is it to do that? Did you enjoy the game?

Thanks for the info! How hard is it to do that? Did you enjoy the game?
Very hard. Especially for the dices with higher difficulty rating. You'll try and try again. Sometimes it'll get frustrating because you'll die just few steps away from th exit. But it's super fun in the end.

Halloween and Reunion episodes provide extra challenge, you have to strategize harder.

I will use this Dicey Dungeons discourse as an excuse to post a video of that one time when my strategy actually worked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom