• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo eShop |ST Apr. 2022|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friends- how does everyone feel about Dragon Quest Builders 2? I am enjoying my time with game trials but the tutorial feels endless. I’m on the second island and so much talking!!

Did anyone have any impressions of AstroDogs in this thread or another thread? It launched mid-month, and is a Star Fox-style on-rails shooter. Was interested in it, but didn't know the value proposition or quality of the Switch port. Sorry if this has been discussed already and I missed it due to poor search skills!
I saw Luke from the Star or Shovelware channel playing it. He really enjoyed it, and it looked good in action to me.

Friends- how does everyone feel about Dragon Quest Builders 2? I am enjoying my time with game trials but the tutorial feels endless. I’m on the second island and so much talking!!

Haven't played 2 yet (I own it though) but 1 is brilliant. Very cozy and addictive game, with some small quirks that are annoying, and that have been fixed in 2 going by reviews.

It's great!

Though not as good as the last Orochi Warriors, which was fine by me.
Greek gods make up for reduced crossovers for me. Yeah wish 3’s port on switch got an English release as it was my first warriors with the wiiu version. I’m guessing there’s some good QOL. Are the delux edition bonuses worth it or are they mainly cosmetic stuff that don’t add much? Asking cause it’s an extra 12 bucks.

Also does it have the branching paths/multiple endings of 3? That was so much fun

Greek gods make up for reduced crossovers for me. Yeah wish 3’s port on switch got an English release as it was my first warriors with the wiiu version. I’m guessing there’s some good QOL. Are the delux edition bonuses worth it or are they mainly cosmetic stuff that don’t add much? Asking cause it’s an extra 12 bucks.

Also does it have the branching paths/multiple endings of 3? That was so much fun
Deluxe Edition doesn't do much. It's as you say it is. Also, branching paths? I think that wasn't the case at all.

Deluxe Edition doesn't do much. It's as you say it is. Also, branching paths? I think that wasn't the case at all.
This is how story mode was in 3

583f42.jpg

No, I'm talking about Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate.

I already played Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate so I know what you're talking about.
Ah that’s too bad, that was fun for flexibility and replay. Edit wait I checked apparently it is still the same structure just list based rather than a map

There is lots of talking all the way through.
And a ton of content yet to see!
I think it’s the best Minecraft like ever and I love DQ as well. highly recommended

It’s an incredible mashup of DQ charm/ RPGs/and building crafting.

The sheer amount of flexibility to build your own island is staggering. It’s creativity unleashed. And the tools they give you as you progress the story just keep escalating to even greater heights.

One of my favorite games ever maybe even in my top 10.

Last edited:
Ah that’s too bad, that was fun for flexibility and replay. Edit wait I checked apparently it is still the same structure just list based rather than a map
Oh! To be honest, I haven't played Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate (just the original version) so that may have something to do with it.

Edit: Also, I stopped after the final mission so I ignored some branching paths, I guess.

Oh! To be honest, I haven't played Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate (just the original version) so that may have something to do with it.

Edit: Also, I stopped after the final mission so I ignored some branching paths, I guess.
Ultimate adds more characters, a full post story and some additional missions. Basically you know how you loved 3’s full and giant story? That didn’t happen till it’s ultimate version either. Also from my research all that’s needed is standard ultimate and a bonus mount of your choice for speed for the heck of it

Ultimate adds more characters, a full post story and some additional missions. Basically you know how you loved 3’s full and giant story? That didn’t happen till it’s ultimate version either. Also from my research all that’s needed is standard ultimate and a bonus mount of your choice for speed for the heck of it
Ah, gotcha. Honestly, I'd suggest getting it. I enjoyed the standard edition of Warriors Orochi 4 so you'll probably enjoy Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate.

Ah, gotcha. Honestly, I'd suggest getting it. I enjoyed the standard edition of Warriors Orochi 4 so you'll probably enjoy Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate.
It also added the Joan the Arc and Ryu Hayabusa (also Achilles, Hades, Gaia and Yang Jian) as playable characters. For some reason teaming up Joan, Hades and Lu bu makes me chuckle

It also added the Joan the Arc and Ryu Hayabusa (also Achilles, Hades, Gaia and Yang Jian) as playable characters. For some reason teaming up Joan, Hades and Lu bu makes me chuckle

There where also some changes regarding how the sacred treasures work, more options to spent the ability points, and tou can promote units up to 9 times (so lvl 999) and they even changed how you select your characters. Just to mention it is really unbalanced as this one is based on DW8/SW4/4-2 and the hyper attacks of the SW characters are really the best offensive option in the game

With the Spring Sale having started, I think I'll pick up Dark Deity and Bustafellows!

DD looks like a neat Fire Emblem type game, though I have to say I'm not a fan of how the art style seems a bit inconsistent looking.

As for Bustafellows, I've been wanting to try an otome since I like VN's and otomes always have drop dead gorgeous art. So I hope I'll enjoy it, even if I don't particularly care about the romance aspect. XD

Lots of good stuff in the sale. I recommend Huntdown for anyone looking for a Contra-style run-and-gun with a ton of humour and great ideas for bosses.

I think now is a good time for me to grab Immortals Fenyx Rising on sale. I have a couple of weeks off, it has a pretty deep discount and BOTW2 was delayed so it’s pretty much a perfect time to give that one a go. I liked the demo enough and it’s always good to see AAA devs actually bothering to make “gamey” games, I think they even mentioned old 3D platformers in their inspirations. It also doesn’t seem too long according to HLTB for this type of game

Now should I bother with the Gold edition? That’s obviously the better deal if you plan on getting any of the DLC, but are they worth it or do they just make the game overstay its welcome? I have Mario Rabbids Gold but after 100%ing it I didn’t feel like doing the DK expansion so that’s on hold. Do the DLCs actually add value to the game?

For reference I didn’t think the BOTW DLC was worth it at all honestly, it was basically more of the same, it blended a lot with the main game. Ideally, DLCs or expansions should expand upon the main game and offer cool new mechanics/content, or new levels that are up there with the main game’s best. My favorites would be stuff like Age of Empires 2 Conquerors and the Dark Souls 2 expansions. If OOT Master Quest was DLC it would be fine too tbh

So are the Immortals DLCs worth it? I’m not really interested in the top down one but from what I hear the first is some extra puzzles/dungeons and the second is a smaller standalone adventure, do they expand upon the main game or do they just feel like more of the same

I think now is a good time for me to grab Immortals Fenyx Rising on sale. I have a couple of weeks off, it has a pretty deep discount and BOTW2 was delayed so it’s pretty much a perfect time to give that one a go. I liked the demo enough and it’s always good to see AAA devs actually bothering to make “gamey” games, I think they even mentioned old 3D platformers in their inspirations. It also doesn’t seem too long according to HLTB for this type of game

Now should I bother with the Gold edition? That’s obviously the better deal if you plan on getting any of the DLC, but are they worth it or do they just make the game overstay its welcome? I have Mario Rabbids Gold but after 100%ing it I didn’t feel like doing the DK expansion so that’s on hold. Do the DLCs actually add value to the game?

For reference I didn’t think the BOTW DLC was worth it at all honestly, it was basically more of the same, it blended a lot with the main game. Ideally, DLCs or expansions should expand upon the main game and offer cool new mechanics/content, or new levels that are up there with the main game’s best. My favorites would be stuff like Age of Empires 2 Conquerors and the Dark Souls 2 expansions. If OOT Master Quest was DLC it would be fine too tbh

So are the Immortals DLCs worth it? I’m not really interested in the top down one but from what I hear the first is some extra puzzles/dungeons and the second is a smaller standalone adventure, do they expand upon the main game or do they just feel like more of the same
I havent played immortals or the DLC, but from what I understand, the DLC is like a completely new concept/new genre even? Compared to the base game. Hopefully someone who has played it can confirm.

The first DLC (the extra puzzles) do expand a little of the story but it's nothing relevant really , just more challenge rooms (some of them are really good) with the reward of armor weapons you can use in the main game. The second one (Myths of the eastern realm) is just a miniature version of the main game but with eastern mythology (IRC took me around 7 hours to finish), and they update some of the combat mechanics and new ways to work with the wind puzzles. The third one is the one that has more changes in gameplay if you want something different from the main game but I didn't found it that interesting

Grabbed Rain World, Darkside Detective and Invisible Inc in the current sale, think I’ll leave it there as my Switch backlog is a bit nutty

I wonder why SEGA never discount Mario+Sonic Tokyo Olympics in the EU. The official Tokyo Olympics game is currently on sale again, but not Mario+Sonic. Meanwhile, the NA eShop has it on sale regularly.

The first DLC (the extra puzzles) do expand a little of the story but it's nothing relevant really , just more challenge rooms (some of them are really good) with the reward of armor weapons you can use in the main game. The second one (Myths of the eastern realm) is just a miniature version of the main game but with eastern mythology (IRC took me around 7 hours to finish), and they update some of the combat mechanics and new ways to work with the wind puzzles. The third one is the one that has more changes in gameplay if you want something different from the main game but I didn't found it that interesting
Thanks for the info, yeah I think I’ll just skip them and go only for the base game which seems meaty enough. I like to 100% games but sometimes DLCs can just feel anticlimactic, for example some of the extra challenges from the Mario Rabbids DLCs just felt like padding at that point. Sometimes you have DLCs/expansions that have very good reputations and they are worth it, but the more I search about it the more it seems like the Immortals ones are just okay. Will grab the base game in the next few days then, should hold me off until the June Direct

I'm working on the May thread and just thought I'd ask if anyone has some titles that should be highlighted. I basically go through the list of known releases and mark things I think are interesting, but I'm always welcome to suggestions. 👍

I'm working on the May thread and just thought I'd ask if anyone has some titles that should be highlighted. I basically go through the list of known releases and mark things I think are interesting, but I'm always welcome to suggestions. 👍
Off the top of my head, the ones I’m most interested in are Eiyuden Rising and Dungeons of Dreadrock.

There are not many this month anyway. On top of my head:

Citizen Sleeper
Eiyuden Chronicle Rising
NIS Classics Vol 2
Deadcraft
Cotton Fantasy
Touken Ranbu Warriors
Kao the Kangaroo
Pac-Man Museum+
Snow Bros Special

Some other interesting games in an admittedly slow month:

The Centennial Case: A Shijima Story
Get-a-Grip Chip and the Body Bugs

Thinking of getting plants vs zombies. Any impressions from the community?

Thinking of getting plants vs zombies. Any impressions from the community?
I think at that price it's a pretty good deal. It's a good port and gets rid of all the micro transaction stuff. No idea how active the multiplayer is, but the single player alone is a lot of content.

It did remove split screen co-op in exchange for local wireless co-op (2 Systems) if that matter to you.

I think at that price it's a pretty good deal. It's a good port and gets rid of all the micro transaction stuff. No idea how active the multiplayer is, but the single player alone is a lot of content.

It did remove split screen co-op in exchange for local wireless co-op (2 Systems) if that matter to you.
It does matter. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom