• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Definitely coming to switch…
More like Switch successor. I don't expect this to launch this year anyway. March, like the Eternal did. Maybe it could be a launch day game?

I'm expecting other Bethesda brand to make appearance in this Direct.
This is the first generation Star Fox will officially skip. I don’t see anything coming until Switch 2.

I know the crew was in Starlink, but no built from the ground SF game.
Didn't Emily said Nintendo wanted to do something for Star Fox? I still believe that this Namco remaster is Assault remake. Could launch after the successor, making it a cross gen game.

This is the first generation Star Fox will officially skip. I don’t see anything coming until Switch 2.

I know the crew was in Starlink, but no built from the ground SF game.
Star Fox 2 being officially released on the SNES Classic, and later, NSO, is enough of an event that I'll be generous and say that we still met quota for a "new" Star Fox release for this gen. We even got some fresh promo art made for it and all!

But that's it, Nintendo. You used up your mulligan!

That would actually be really nice; that game got dealt a really bad hand with the timing of its release.

It's time to make up for dealing it a bad hand by releasing it for an old platform after the new platform was already out by... releasing it for an old platform after the new platform is already out. :cry:

Hey folks, the next Famiboards Discussion Club podcast episode is going to be our direct predictions, so if you have any questions you'd like to have us discuss, let us know in the thread!

It's pretty clear Nintendo still wants to do something with those franchises. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we see them in the next couple of years.

Part of me thinks Next Level Games is doing Star Fox and not Luigi's Mansion 4. That's based partially on Luigi's Mansion 2 getting a release this year and NLG probably being due for a new game in either 2025 or 2026. But mostly I'm just naming a thing that could maybe possibly happen.

And with that fox among the pigeons, it is bed time.

Still more than the fans of a ton of other Nintendo franchises got this gen. This could be the first generation without a Rhythm Heaven or a Chibi Robo as an example.
Chibi Robo fans got an iconic image in Nintendo history this Gen.

nintendo-chibi-robo-1073623.jpg

It's so amusing, how many people want an Assault remake. That wasn't a great game, and the land missions were terrible.
I get why people who wanted "Starfox 64 2" were disappointed, but personally as a kid with zero nostalgia for SF64, I always thought the land missions were the highlight and the on-rails stuff felt like dull filler

But also, I mainly want an Assault remake because that game's multiplayer would go hard with online matchmaking

I loved Star Fox Assault. It wasn’t perfect, but it was a great deal of fun and the multiplayer was awesome and only got better as you unlocked more of it.

Also, I doubt most people gravitated toward it, but it had a very interesting control scheme option where you could make R the run / move forward button and it worked weirdly super well for the game.

Assault was my entry point into the StarFox series and I loved it.
The multiplayer mode in particular was a go to for me and my brothers for many a summer and I didn't find the on foot stuff to be as bad as I've seen people claim
Also the manual for the European version had a timeline in it giving a quick synopsis of each game up to that point and I thought that was really cool that there was a continuous narrative going on for the series

what a topsy turvy time we're living in where the Nintendo fans are the ones just patiently chilling
because we know both a Direct and a new system reveal are coming.

Fans of the others have to wonder if those are the last actual consoles they'll really make (for a while at least) as multiple major studios consolidate each other into oblivion and both 1st-parties get pushed into multiplat strategies.

Whether any of the above is actually gonna happen or not (I'm personally not convinced it's that bad (except for the consolidation and layoffs)), that seems to be a big part of the conversation lately. Doesn't surprise me that Nintendo having the 2witch coming up and assumedly a massive slate of really impressive games to accompany it would seem downright utopian compared to the rest of the industry right now.

Would make a lot of sense for Bandai to work on a new Star Fox game.

They make Ace Combat after all.
I've said it once, I've said it 100 times: "Furry Ace Combat" is not only my top desire, it's still what I can see as an ideal path forward for the Star Fox franchise. Arcade-style dogfights done right. Storytelling that wouldn't be out of place in a mecha anime.

And if it weren't for the fact that Project Aces is busy with Ace Combat 8, I would want them on a Star Fox game NOW.

Imagine if TPC just randomly makes a Pokémon Presents this week and takes all the spotlight lmao.

It wouldn't even be the first time since we had that Pokémon Direct that revealed Ultras Sun and Ultra Moon in June and Pokémon Let's GO was announced in May.

Maybe a proper reveal for Legends Z-A on a Pokémon Presents so Nintendo can have a trailer for it on the June Direc?

Well Endless Ocean, Luigi's Mansion 2, and Paper Mario also got Amazon pages but they disabled physical pre-orders anyways.
Ah true. Other sellers are selling them through Amazon even though Amazon isn't selling the games themselves. So it does make sense for a page to go up whether Amazon is gonna sell Pokemon LZA or not.

I'm playing Danganronpa V3 right now and somehow I can't stop thinking about how Spike Chunsoft still hasn't made a complete Zero Escape Collection for the Switch, why's that? Not enough interest? Is it a hard port to make? I'd love to replay the games comfortably and having them all on a Switch cart would be fantastic. Add this to my (already hopeless) Direct wishlist, I guess...

Last edited:
It's time to make up for dealing it a bad hand by releasing it for an old platform after the new platform was already out by... releasing it for an old platform after the new platform is already out. :cry:
Ouch... but hey, at least this version of Ever Oasis would still be playable on the next platform via backwards compatibility. I recall more than a few comments back when the original version launched that went along the lines of "I would love to play this, but I don't have a 3DS anymore".

Holy shit Nintendo is developing a new Mario game? Absolutely nobody saw this coming. This has got to be the leak of the century. 💥

Almost as mind blowing as the recent ‘leaks’ that Pokémon games have been greenlit for the next Nintendo system.

Never saw it coming.

June 7th - Summer Game Fest
June 7th - Devolver Direct
June 9th - Xbox Games Showcase
June 10th - Ubisoft Forward

Add in rumored Sony show and confirmed Nintendo June direct and it's almost the whole gang ;P

E3 is dead
But also alive.
There's also a Wholesome Direct on Saturday June 8th. So, while not even remotely the size of the others, there's at least something to connect the events over the weekend.

IS is set to release new art for Ayra in June, the same month as the Direct.

It's a sign people, don't tell me I'm grasping at straws or inhaling massive amounts of copium again🙃

Didn't they do this back in September or February also? They had a whole stinkin' Jugdral banner announced right before a Direct, and there was no FE at all...it was probably the most depressing Direct in a while for me personally.
Also, do we know who did the art for Resplendent for Ayra yet? She looks a little like Rika's art of Seliph for Awakening, but with someone with more experience now. (I usually adore Rika's FE 4 art, but her art of Seliph for Awakening was NOT her best piece...)

Back
Top Bottom