• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't they do this back in September or February also? They had a whole stinkin' Jugdral banner announced right before a Direct, and there was no FE at all...it was probably the most depressing Direct in a while for me personally.
Also, do we know who did the art for Resplendent for Ayra yet? She looks a little like Rika's art of Seliph for Awakening, but with someone with more experience now. (I usually adore Rika's FE 4 art, but her art of Seliph for Awakening was NOT her best piece...)
Yeah, back in September they did a full on FE4 banner before a Direct. At this point I'm just grasping at straws, like the "Is this a pigeon?" meme, just replace "a pigeon" with "FE4 Remake evidence"

And Rika Suzuki confirmed she did do the art for Resplendent Ayra

Definitely coming to switch…

I wonder if this is where ID just throws it out there that "Yeah...Heretic/Hexen and Quake are 'Doom Worlds' too".

I could understand, for the sake of brand recognition and consolidation, but I'd just think it be hilarious. Especially considering the "history"!

Yeah, back in September they did a full on FE4 banner before a Direct. At this point I'm just grasping at straws, like the "Is this a pigeon?" meme, just replace "a pigeon" with "FE4 Remake evidence"
And Rika Suzuki confirmed she did do the art for Resplendent Ayra

Oh I'm right there with you! It's just...once burned, twice shy on my end. Maybe they did mean to reveal it in September, but IS heard about the internal Switch 2 delay, and the game was pulled from the September Direct in order to release later in the year to give Nintendo more buffer games down the line...? Now I'm grasping at straws lol!

And thanks for confirming that Rika did the art! I knew it looked familiar! Yeah, I'm definitely not as big of a fan of this art as I am of her Sigurd/Dierdre/Arvis/other character art, but it's still very solid!

The next few weeks are looking great for directs/showcases, of course Nintendo should be the most exciting when that happens around mid June? But ill probably watch one of the other showcases this time. Ill see if the State of Play this coming week is good or not...

What’s the consensus on a direct date? Early or late June?
Mid June probably, maybe 12th or 19th

I hope the Direct is on Tuesday, June 11th so it would feel more like the old E3 days. Summer Games Fest on June 7th, in-person IGN Live event June 7th-9th, Xbox Games Showcase on June 9th, Ubisoft Forward on June 10th. Just need that Direct on Tuesday to come full circle (sans Sony of course since they’ll be next week).

I selfishly hope it's not the week of June 10th because I'll be out of town all week and won't be able to watch it easily. Not that that's a huge deal, but any other week would be better!

In last years September Direct they did a segment on the Nintendo Museum. I think they could do a segment on the Donkey Kong Country Universal attraction in the next Direct. Maybe even announce a new opening date or time frame.

In last years September Direct they did a segment on the Nintendo Museum. I think they could do a segment on the Donkey Kong Country Universal attraction in the next Direct. Maybe even announce a new opening date or time frame.
And another announcement for fans of the Donkey Kong series. To celebrate the franchise's 30th anniversary...
We are happy to announce a 10% discount on the recently released Mario vs. Donkey Kong game for the Nintendo Switch system. Please enjoy this brand new version of a classic Donkey Kong adventure.

I'm now rethinking that Metroid Prime 2 and Kid Icarus Uprising HD are going to be coming revealed in the June direct and they will be released in 2024 and so I now believe that the Nintendo cross-platform 2025 gamecube title will be Luigi's Mansion 1 HD and the cross-platform 2025 3DS title is probably either Super Mario 3D Land, Tomodachi Life, or Fire Emblem Fates.

I'm now rethinking that Metroid Prime 2 and Kid Icarus Uprising HD are going to be coming revealed in the June direct and they will be released in 2024 and so I now believe that the Nintendo cross-platform 2025 gamecube title will be Luigi's Mansion 1 HD and the cross-platform 2025 3DS title is probably either Super Mario 3D Land, Tomodachi Life, or Fire Emblem Fates.
If they‘re doing a 3DS Fire Emblem, I’d think it would be Awakening over Fates. While I personally enjoyed both games, I know Awakening was much better received by fans, and I’m sure Nintendo knows this.

Kid Icarus Uprising HD already got deconfirmed by Sakurai.

Dude, there was a remake of Kirby Super Star for the Nintendo DS and Sakurai wasn't involved with that game.
I have a very hard time believing that Sakurai wouldn't at the very least know about it. He made public statements saying that it wasn't happening.

Imagine either the Game Cube or 3DS remaster/remake being Animal Crossing and that being another 10m+ selling game releasing for Switch 2 years after Tears of the Kingdom (the supposed last major game) lol.

I don't have a clue of what they could be tbh. Star Fox Assault, Kirby Air Ride and Metroid Prime 2 are the most likely GCN games, right? Apart from Wind Waker and Twilight Princess if they get new remasters instead of the Wii U remasters ports.

3DS then... Kid Icarus Uprising would be the favorite and Nintendo is prioritizing niche stuff to re-release late in the Switch life, but at the same time... Sakurai recently deconfirmed it? But he did say "I wonder if someone will ever get to port it" with a little smile just a year before it.

I guess Kirby Planet Robobot, Metroid Samus Returns, Tomodachi Life and Ocarina of Time 3D/Majora's Mask 3D are the most likely outcomes. But who knows, maybe we get both Kid Icarus Uprising and Star Fox Assault!!

Okay, so you're telling me if I want to go into a Direct blind and ready to be surprised, I now have to avoid both a bird addicted to beans AND Kotone Shiomi? What is happening right now?

Would make sense to port the Bleach mobile game on the Switch.

Also would make sense for a direct reveal

Why would they port a 2016 gatcha game to switch at this point? Feels like an odd move. But also, no one is has been making Bleach game since the DS era. C2 stuck with Naruto

Midori suddenly has enough sources to be able to leak a game per day now? 🤨

yall this is getting weird
At least this claim should be possible to verify relatively soon compared to the code names, since I imagine a Switch Bleach game would be announced by the end of 2025. Then, if it pans out, depending on who is making it, that might tell us where Midori has valid non-Sega sources.

If SirArthur is right and a Bleach game hasn't released since 2006, a new one being released is not an extremely safe guess, so I would treat this as something of a notable rumor (as opposed to saying, say, a new Fire Emblem is in development).

I’m all for these remasters/remakes/rereleases.

It would be great to have access to Nintendo’s historic library in one place.

We are so close to being able to do that for Mario and Zelda, Metroid is pretty close too.

Once they tackle how to translate touch screen controls, there really is no reason not to have access to everything (eventually)

Dang, that's a bit disappointing. I googled and couldn't find this, do you have a link?
People have been reading into statements he's made in his YouTube videos.

It's a shame that it's only lived on 3DS, as I'd love to play on a bigger screen with smoother graphics, but without a team around to work on it, crafting a follow-up seems difficult.

It sure would be nice to play Kid Icarus: Uprising on a home console. I wonder if someone out there will ever port it?
I'm bearish on KI:U getting ported any time soon, but I wouldn't interpret his comments to mean anything either way.

"Can we have more Dark Souls games on Switch, please?"

"Sure thing, buddy."

bleachds-1651886663319.jpg

I'm bearish on KI:U getting ported any time soon, but I wouldn't interpret his comments to mean anything either way.

Yeah I certainly wouldn't read those statements as "deconfirming." If anything the "I wonder if someone out there will ever port it?" almost sounds like he knows it's happening and is playing coy 😅

Why is everything midori says taken as a fact when 90% of her leaks can't be verified until years from now, and the one Nintendo related leak she did ended up being false. For now I only trust her when it comes to Sega.

Why would they port a 2016 gatcha game to switch at this point? Feels like an odd move. But also, no one is has been making Bleach game since the DS era. C2 stuck with Naruto
They ported it in 2022 to PS4, so it wouldn't be that crazy

In another post she made, she said she's reporting rumors earlier than she used to because she doesn't want to be accused of piggybacking, so I imagine the Zippo situation spooked her into posting EVERYTHING she hears

I know it's a DS game, but I'd love another crack at AC Wild World with competent graphics and controls.

Quoted by: Joe
Animal Crossing is like Mario Kart or Smash where the latest entry "replaces" the previous one. They won't be going back to any of the old games.

I think it's either her spilling all the beans she has before quiting leaking for good.
hear me out: both are animal crossing
Tbh I hope at least one of the is AC. They did have Luigi's Mansion for 3DS coming and announced 3 for Switch. I think it makes sense for them to have AC or New Leaf coming to Switch/cross gen soon in 2025 and a reveal for Animal Crossing for Switch 2 for 2026.
I think Link Between Worlds could be in the port conversation, too, depending on plans for 2D Zelda.
I honestly hope it's not that because I want a new 2D Zelda game.

It's weird how both the "I wonder if anyone will ever get to port it" like "it'll come!!" and the "sadly I don't have a team for it"(but talking about a sequel not a port?) came out from him. I believe neither are actual facts as in IT IS COMING or IT'S NOT COMING.

I think it's possible that the Bandai Namco contract game for Nintendo is Kids Icarus Uprising. Damn they made a reimagining of Another Code of all things and a brand new Endless Ocean, I don't a remaster of KIU is all that unlikely, and looks like the best way to test the waters or bring the franchise back before a new game.

In another post she made, she said she's reporting rumors earlier than she used to because she doesn't want to be accused of piggybacking, so I imagine the Zippo situation spooked her into posting EVERYTHING she hears
I think that the codename leaks are stuff that are more for "I have actual sources and it's confirmed by me knowing the codename of a game months before reveal", so people stop saying she only has Sega/Atlus sources or that she's making things up.

Sometimes it might fall into the weird "Nintendo is making a new Mario game duuuhhh" but when you factor in she might have information on a game that LITERALLY no one leaked or had any information before is quite something. EPD Tokyo is secretive as hell so leaking a codename of their next project that no body as a clue is a big deal imo.

Everyone knows they've been working on 3D Mario for ages but no one has given any hint on what the new Mario is, when it'll come, etc. She knowing the codename shows the potential for her to have information on the game itself.

I know it's a DS game, but I'd love another crack at AC Wild World with competent graphics and controls.
Wasn't that essentially what City Folk was? To date, City Folk is the only Animal Crossing game I skipped, because it looked too similar to Wild World to me. Maybe I am way off on that though.

Yeah I certainly wouldn't read those statements as "deconfirming." If anything the "I wonder if someone out there will ever port it?" almost sounds like he knows it's happening and is playing coy 😅
It's not the YouTube videos. He deconfirmed it on Twitter, saying that a remaster would cost too much.

Why is everything midori says taken as a fact when 90% of her leaks can't be verified until years from now, and the one Nintendo related leak she did ended up being false. For now I only trust her when it comes to Sega.

They ported it in 2022 to PS4, so it wouldn't be that crazy
They did? Huh I guess its not that improbable.

Yup, I agree everything none-Sega is hard to trust because its years away at best.

There's also this tweet:

This is where Sakurai deconfirmed a remaster of Kid Icarus Uprising.

Porting or making a sequel would be difficult...At the current level of gaming, even remaking one model would be costly, and it would not be possible to handle the large volume of this game.Sometimes I think about writing a continuation of the scenario without any particular purpose, but I can't imagine what the product will be like without it...Play it on your 3DS while you can!

It's not the YouTube videos. He deconfirmed it on Twitter, saying that a remaster would cost too much.
Do you have a link to that one? Edit: I see it now, thank you. 😀

@Marce-chan I definitely feel the same way about 2D Zelda. It's kinda like DKCR vs. getting a new 2D game. At this point I would be glad just to get DKCR but I'd much prefer a new game. That being said it's much likelier to get both DKCR as a Hagi port and a new game than it is to get LBW and a new game, between the way 3DS remasters have been positioned as full releases and the way Zelda series staggers its releases in general.

"Can we have more Dark Souls games on Switch, please?"

"Sure thing, buddy."

bleachds-1651886663319.jpg
Its ironic but the Switch domination in Japan will at least mean that every anime game gets a Switch port eventually, like One Piece Odyssey recently announced as well.

Lack of FromSoft games on the other hand must be because of historical reasons, they have almost no history with Nintendo from what i can see and seems to have no focus on Nintendo at all. Sony is investing in them as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom