• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just kind of notable that Pyoro has generally had access to the entire direct several days ahead of time due to server scraping and doesn't seem to have the direct now. So either

1. He was blocked by Nintendo or they aren't uploading ahead of time
2. He doesn't care anymore (very doubtful, lol)
3. The Direct isn't next week
Is it confirmed he knows the Directs because of sever scraping? First time hearing that.

Sorry, I tried following the line of reasoning but I’m still confused. What’s the latest? No direct this week because pyoro tweeted?
Pyoro tweeted, so a direct not being this week is being considered here, but all other signs currently point to Tuesday. I’m still banking on it personally

Pyoro’s just taking the opportunity to make fun of the Midori situation. I don’t think this has any bearing on the Tuesday Direct.

This year feels like it has been waiting for waiting so that we can wait to wait for something to wait for

Everyone: "Pyoro's starting to tweet leaks!"
Pyoro's Tweet:
confused_travolta_loop.gif

When you guys know pyoro is a troll, you shouldn't spend a lot of energy speculating on any of his mere words, for me this time it's just a verification of whether Brazil is credible or not, I've always mistrusted the guy but I don't know why very many people on this forum trust him.

Nate, Necro, and Brazil have all said/hinted at the 18th. Plus, the Among Us and Fall Guys announcements are likely for the Direct.

I don’t think we need to worry about when the Direct is happening anymore. Just the content.

Obviously I could be wrong and plans can change, but the 18th seems right.

It's just kind of notable that Pyoro has generally had access to the entire direct several days ahead of time due to server scraping and doesn't seem to have the direct now. So either

1. He was blocked by Nintendo or they aren't uploading ahead of time
2. He doesn't care anymore (very doubtful, lol)
3. The Direct isn't next week
I see his latest tweet more as build up. Asking “Where’s Nintendo Direct” the day before the presumable official announcement (assuming it’s Tuesday) so when it does happen you can do the obvious “there it is!” punchline. Though some have also said its simply to riff off the Midori fiasco, hell it could be both. Kill two birds with one stone. I’ll give him a day to see if he says anything notable.

Nate, Necro, and Brazil have all said/hinted at the 18th. Plus, the Among Us and Fall Guys announcements are likely for the Direct.

I don’t think we need to worry about when the Direct is happening anymore. Just the content.

Obviously I could be wrong and plans can change, but the 18th seems right.
When did Nate hint at the 18th? If you mean the poll, he commented here saying it was just a poll, kind of implying it wasn't a hint.

My hope is not actually Tues, but actually Thursday for the Direct because it’ll coincide with my Wife and I’s anniversary.

Pyoro posted this on a Sunday. Pyoro has five letters in their name, one for each day, so five days later counting the 16th is Thursday the 20th.

Nintendo Direct happening on June 20th. Confirmed.

🤯
My parents anniversary is Thursday as well lmao

It either happens this week or next week. There are 5 days on which it could happen at this point, so if we ignore the evidence it’s basically a 1/5 shot in the dark which one it is, which ain’t too bad at all

I see his latest tweet more as build up. Asking “Where’s Nintendo Direct” the day before the presumable official announcement (assuming it’s Tuesday) so when it does happen you can do the obvious “there it is!” punchline. Though some have also said its simply to riff off the Midori fiasco, hell it could be both. Kill two birds with one stone. I’ll give him a day to see if he says anything notable.
Alternatively, his sources got blocked and he’s wondering what’s happening

Anything on Donkey Kong for this june direct??? I've been waiting desperately for years for a new entry in the dk series
I expect at least a Donkey Kong Country Returns remaster. Not having anything DK related would be disastrous. Imagine little Hiroshi's parents take him to Donkey Kong Country at Super Nintendo World. He enjoys spending time in DK's world so much that he wants to take the experience home with him. His only options are:

1) A full-priced port of Tropical Freeze from six years ago, a game where you don't even get to visit Donkey Kong Island in a normal, unfrozen state.
2) The DKC games on NSO, which not only require a subscription, but feature a completely different aesthetic than the one the theme park expansion is based on.

Pyoro’s tweet could be a combination of Nintendo and Bandai Namco… It is also formatted similarly to Chibi-Robo! if we include the punctuation. Chibi-Robo! remake in partnership with Bandai Namco. That’s surely what they are trying to say. I am normal and this is definitely not reaching.

When did Nate hint at the 18th? If you mean the poll, he commented here saying it was just a poll, kind of implying it wasn't a hint.
I didn’t really know what to make of him saying that. His poll is structured the same way as the previous poll he did for the September direct with very specific wording.

I never believe the ‘LFG’ part, but the rest seemed pretty clear.

Even if we take Nate off the table, Brazil and Necro plus the Among Us and Falls Guys announcements all point to the 18th.

Again, all of this could be wrong, but there is a lot of evidence.

I feel like they ruined the "oh theres a direct really soon, cool" thing theyve done in the past with these announcements when they already told us a month ago and then they make everyone wait 🙄

I feel like they ruined the "oh theres a direct really soon, cool" thing theyve done in the past with these announcements when they already told us a month ago and then they make everyone wait 🙄
After having no General Direct in February, and with the Switch 2 being ‘delayed’, I appreciated knowing about this one early

I didn’t really know what to make of him saying that. His poll is structured the same way as the previous poll he did for the September direct with very specific wording.

Even if we take Nate off the table, Brazil and Necro plus the Among Us and Falls Guys announcements all point to the 18th.

Don’t forget the eShop maintenance scheduled for that date as well, which also usually signals a direct

I still do believe it's happening on the 18th as well, but I'm gonna take Nate at his word, if he says it was just a poll, I'll take it as it wasn't a hint. I see no reason for him to hint at something and then when people notice it for him to basically say it wasn't a hint.

After having no General Direct in February, and with the Switch 2 being ‘delayed’, I appreciated knowing about this one early
Id agree with this if they actually gave a window of time instead of "itll be in june at some point i dunno"
saying something like "the direct will be in the last week of june" or something would have been better imo

Id agree with this if they actually gave a window of time instead of "itll be in june at some point i dunno"
saying something like "the direct will be in the last week of june" or something would have been better imo
At the time, they probably didn’t even know the exact date. As nice as it would have been to hear that

At the time, they probably didn’t even know the exact date. As nice as it would have been to hear that
My point is that they shouldn't be doing their usual last minute announcement thing if they did all of this other weird announcement stuff beforehand, that doesnt work well unless you don't expect a direct

I'm not targeting pyoro, I'm targeting the fact that there are a lot of people on this forum who believe in Brazil Necro these people, I can't understand it.
They’ve been pretty good to us multiple times in the past. Are they 100% accurate all the time? No. But they definitely have some sources, and with how secretive the game industry is, I appreciate anything they decide to share

My point is that they shouldn't be doing their usual last minute announcement thing if they did all of this other weird announcement stuff beforehand, that doesnt work well unless you don't expect a direct
Giving people a date as soon as they know it should have been priority with how theyve set expectations imo

I'm not targeting pyoro, I'm targeting the fact that there are a lot of people on this forum who believe in Brazil Necro these people, I can't understand it.
Brazil has a lot of goodwill from the Switch 2 delay. He broke the news first, before it was widely corroborated.

i mean that's fine but you did misrepresent Brazil previously so I don't really think you follow what he says.
I don't know how I'm misrepresenting Brazil, or I can't find any evidence that he has any credibility other than his claim of switch2 delays.

The leak culture is just too boring.

They’ve been pretty good to us multiple times in the past. Are they 100% accurate all the time? No. But they definitely have some sources, and with how secretive the game industry is, I appreciate anything they decide to share
I don't care if they have a source or not, when they spread a piece of information out if they don't make it clear to others that it's speculation or a leak I'd think he's just using the leak to suck up internet influence. I would just be extremely skeptical of a media person or information that I can't prove credibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom