• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST5| Uncharted Territory: Drake's Deception

When is the next general full-length Direct?

• June

Votes: 130 38.0%
  • July

Votes: 40 11.7%
  • August

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • September

Votes: 129 37.7%
  • October

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • November

• December

• January

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • February

• Never

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh shit, Direct season.

#TeamJune

I dunno, I have a feeling about June. Not backed by anything other than gut instinct, hype and patterns. Business as usual, in other words.

proud-of-you.gif

But it's not a dream.
No, at this point is a delusion.

My understanding is that they are not going to shareholders meeting on June 23rd with Everybody 1-2 Switch - June 30, Pikmin 4 - July 21st and Prime 4 - TBA. As funny at it would be.

We talk about this all the time how shareholder meetings/earnings means absolutely nothing for their announcement schedule and announcements, which is true. But it's different this time, they will go to speak to them with one game burried on release, releasing at budget $30 price and launching week from that point, and their last dated game, Pikmin 4, releasing a month from that point. How funny it would be when Furukawa, like a programmed robot says his line "We are in uncharted territory" once again, while dodging questions about hardware and saying the obligatory "We are always working on new hardware, nothing to announce at this time" and reassures once again that they want to sell 15M Switch units by the end of this FY with only these 2 games dated in their timeline (one of them being really stinky).

This is not like in May at the earnings when they got Zelda just 2 days after that and everyone knew it would print money. By June 23rd, we will be way over month after Zelda and they just can't act like "We still got games! Please trust us!" It's not happening. Third week of June is the last possible date when this Direct is happening, it's really simple. Insider/Rumor stuff is also not that big of a problem as people make it to be, there were Directs, even in 2021 that were not hinted by anybody. And usually it's around a week before the presentation, maybe few days more. If the Direct is happening on 22nd, we still got plenty of time to hear from insiders. At the end of the day it's just Grubb or Nate who are saying something, no one else really.

Can't wait for

Splatoon 3 Side-Order twitter drop on Wednesday
Tears of the Kingdom DLC twitter drop on Thursday
Everybody 1-2 Switch trailer twitter drop on Friday

Didn’t Kirby get a trailer like a week before the Feb Direct was announced? I’m sure I remember people thinking that was a sign of no direct then we got a new trailer for the bonus mode in the direct anyway.

Imagine going back to 1FE (year 1, Fami Epoch) and telling the community that hypothesising the imminent return of F ZERO would provoke fewer objections and less derision than advocating that Nintendo will do a Direct or release a new 2D Mario.

Either somebody's playing 4D chess or we're all lost.

Changed my vote from September to June before I saw the Pikmin 4 tweet. Still committed to June now.

Fuck it, if I'm disappointed from no Direct (or even worse, Partner Showcase) it is what it is. Can't make my year any worse at this rate 🙃 But God I would love a win. Somewhere, anywhere, with anything, please.

Now that we know the Direct isn’t until September, can we poll the real question: Will nintendo ever release a trailer for Everybody’s 1-2 Switch (or mention it ever again)

Now that we know the Direct isn’t until September, can we poll the real question: Will nintendo ever release a trailer for Everybody’s 1-2 Switch (or mention it ever again)
I imagine there's some employee at Nintendo, maybe more than one, who dies a little inside every time a sale is registered for this game because they know how sucky it is and that somebody out there in the world is about to find out.

I fully expect it to just show up on my door in early july with no further information

wonder where the fe4 remake fits into all this.
its got to be almost finished but they could hold onto it like they did for engage to have a good spacing between entries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom