• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST5| Uncharted Territory: Drake's Deception

When is the next general full-length Direct?

• June

Votes: 130 38.0%
  • July

Votes: 40 11.7%
  • August

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • September

Votes: 129 37.7%
  • October

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • November

• December

• January

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • February

• Never

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Partner Mini was a joke, as I made a joke bet with Nate that I failed to accomplish. We do not know of any Direct coming at the moment.
Worry not. My hatred of Super Mario Sunshine and my insatiable desire for Nintendo Directs are the two most powerful forces in the known universe, and with them combined I was able to locate and destroy every copy of Super Mario Sunshine in existence

If Metroid Prime 4 isn't in the next Direct then it might as well be a Nintendo Indirect to me because I won't be interested.

My launch switch joycons JUST started to drift this week. Must be a sign that Prime 4 is close. Nintendo knows that money will not be an object for me when it comes to Metroid.

I feel like Nintendo will have a September game
I'd be pretty surprised if they didn't, Nintendo (or a game closely associated with Nintendo) has had a September game literally every year of the Switch lifetime (or more than one!). Usually around the weekend of September 20th, although that changed the last couple years to a week earlier:

• September 22, 2017: Pokken Tournament DX (also Metroid: Samus Returns September 15, 2017 on 3DS)
  • September 21, 2018: Xenoblade 2: Torna
  • September 20, 2019: Zelda: Link's Awakening
  • September 18, 2020: Super Mario 3D All-Stars
  • September 10, 2021: Warioware: Get it Together!
  • September 9, 2022: Splatoon 3

And there's a few others there that I didn't include that are close, too (Daemon X Machine September 13, 2019, etc.)

A mid-September game is one of Nintendo's single most consistent non-holiday launch window patterns, along with the "Mid January or so" game. Then again so is the "mid-late June game" and they're breaking that this year, unless you count Raincode on June 30th.

Those beside TTYD are probably switch 2 games. A new 2d or 3d DK is also missing. I hope retro has enough people for both Metroid and DK!
If retro already moved away from dk in mid 2010s its a safe bet they will never return to it again lol.
How high are the chances of a new Star Fox game by EPD4 happening? If Nintendo promotes at least 2 new first-party games in each Direct I think we can expect something besides 2D Mario.
Star fox happening is never the question, it being good is. And the answer is always "no"

Nintendo just published a new commercial for Nintendo Switch Sports...I have no idea if game-specific commercials a year after release are typical for Nintendo so does this bode well for DLC chances?

Nintendo just published a new commercial for Nintendo Switch Sports...I have no idea if game-specific commercials a year after release are typical for Nintendo so does this bode well for DLC chances?

every single ad for switch sports shows the player using a mii of themself

nintendo thinks miis are better

Published 9 days ago. I don't think Smash Ultimate is getting more DLC.

Unless...

I feel like Nintendo will have a September game

Even in 2020 they managed to get out 4 physical releases (and multiple digital only titles) in the September - November range; just replace the Smash DLC with Mario Kart DLC, New Horizons post-launch support with Splatoon 3 post-launch support, and Pokémon DLC with… Pokémon DLC. Expecting nothing would be beyond dooming.

I voted September and I’m not sure I care. What’s wrong with me?

Tears of the Kingdom and imminent Diablo IV folks. That’s what’s wrong.

FxcPYP4WYAIKR1N

hoping for a pikmin 4 direct

I just had the awful thought of Pikmin 4 getting delayed to September and....I will not be happy with the world.
Pretty confident this won't be the case. Splatoon 3 never actually had a date besides "summer," whereas when a game gets one they'll do anything to avoid not hitting it

How sure were we all that TOTK would get a Direct yet it never happened : D

We will get a Pikmin 4 gameplay overview trailer at most I think.
I think slightly more than that but no direct. I'm thinking a new trailer in the general direct detailing night mode, like they did for Kirby with mouthful mode in the Feb 2022 direct or the Dread trailer in the Sept 2021 direct.

If stuff is still vague after that I expect the core gameplay loop to be detailed in a small gameplay presentation like they did with TotK

How sure were we all that TOTK would get a Direct yet it never happened : D

We will get a Pikmin 4 gameplay overview trailer at most I think.
to be fair ananoma didn't even want to do explanation video, let alone a direct

Last edited:
Talking about third party switch related games i honestly think that Forever will reboot Fear Effect once again, fuck it was one of the worst trailers of all time and everyone hated it, and they want radio silence since the terrible reception of that trailer

Tune in on June 21st at 6 a.m. PT for a livestreamed #Pikmin4 Direct presentation featuring roughly 25 minutes of information about the latest Pikmin adventure for #NintendoSwitch.

It’s so strange to enter June without any rumor on a direct.
Welcome to the new normal. :)

At this rate I'd rather Nintendo just go back to have one big show a year and dropping Directs altogether. Two mid directs a year is worse than one blowout show.

Last edited:
Problems with rocks? Out of Bomb Flowers? All weapons broken and you can't fuse a new stone hammer?

Fear not. Bonejack's found just the solution for you on the Twitter.

E: I don't think it's any spoiler in that short video, but just to be sure i'll put it behind spoiler-tags.

Love it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom