• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST5| Uncharted Territory: Drake's Deception

When is the next general full-length Direct?

• June

Votes: 130 38.0%
  • July

Votes: 40 11.7%
  • August

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • September

Votes: 129 37.7%
  • October

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • November

• December

• January

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • February

• Never

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember the one direct with Links Awakening remake and Mario Maker 2? We have a rumor of a new 2D Mario and a remake of a classic Nintendo game being Super Mario RPG.

I wonder if they’d follow the same template as that direct in February 2019. Open with 2D Mario and close with a remake in SMRPG. This is assuming we get no MP4.

The Wonderful Mario Bros, by PlatinumGames, a game closer to the original W101 pitch that involved an all Nintendo cast; but 2D.

The 11PM JST will never go away, yes it was like 10PM previously in Wii U/3DS era and it's like that with game specific Directs but they will never move it up into like midnight JST. THE 11PM JST is the last hour they know some japanese people are still awake, that would not work at midnight.

Still hoping its something more like "The Wonderful Super Mario Bros.", instead of Wonderland. But honestly anything with "Wonder" in the name sounds really solid and way better than the "New" naming scheme.
You didn’t hear this one from me
IMG_6901.jpg

I’m surprised that Snitch has Mario info. I thought they were great at leaking anything except Nintendo? Maybe just a source informed them.

So everyone thinks the SNES remake is Mario RPG? Guess FE is being sat on for a little longer, which is fine with me.
I doubt they'd reveal two high caliber Mario titles in one direct, let alone both of them being for Q4 2023. That SNES remake has got to be Fire Emblem.

Also they removed Geno from Mario & Luigi remake, so I kinda doubt Square wants to go back there. Geno is still a assist despite all the fan demand.

Kinda hope Nintendo doesn't drop a Direct announcement tweet today, it is hot enough as is.

Holy shit guys we’re almost there my excitement is through the roof! Just based on stuff from fairly credible sources and reasonable expectations, this direct could potentially be an all-timer for me:
  • 2D Mario
  • Super Mario RPG remake
  • Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope: The Last Spark Hunter
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass Wave 5
  • Splatoon 3: Side Order
  • Purah Ganondorf and/or Deep Cut amiibo
I’ve been thinking, if Prime 4 isn’t in the Direct, what do you think the closer will be? I love 2D Mario to death but I’ll be the first to admit that’s it’s not closer material unless Nintendo goes absolutely balls to the wall crazy with this one.

But am not a Britain!

But for people who are there long enough I actually see a lot who is from which part of the planet based on their posts, especially in Direct threads. When there is morning here, it's night in USA so people who live there are not posting and viceversa. We are just changing the positions and make everything we can to let's the hype rolling.
The sun never sets on the Famiboards empire
It'll be really fun if, this week, we go from "no Mario games in 2023" to "3 Mario games in 5 months" (2D, RPG, Olympics).

Makes me wonder if RPG isn't till 2024, but there's talk of a Paper Mario remaster, too, and I'd expect there to be some distance between them.
Next year the quadrennial Paper Mario game will be a full remake of TTYD by IntSys
The hate for the New SMB series is insane.

get-this-man-a-shield-get-this-man-a-true.gif

While NSMB is OK during the NDS era, the subsequent never changing releases made it somewhat stale at the point that you just had enough of it. That's coming from someone who have played the game up to the SNES era. My biggest issue against it is that the controls seems too slippery for me coming from Super Mario World.

Really, because imo World is a lot more slippery to me. And at the risk of getting my 2D Mario card revoked, I don’t care that much for World. It’s not a bad game by any means, but I enjoy every 2D Mario more than it with the exception of Bros., Lost Levels, Land, and Bros. 2

he-is-back-sonic2-he-is-back.gif

Current rumours are:

2D Mario Game
Super Mario RPG Remake
¿SNES Classic Remake? (probably i'm mixing rumours and the rumblings are reffering to SMRPG Remake)

This Pyoro person has incredible info. It really reminds me of Emily Rogers…she had so much first party information. To know a 2D Mario and know the name has “wonder” in it.

I doubt they'd reveal two high caliber Mario titles in one direct, let alone both of them being for Q4 2023. That SNES remake has got to be Fire Emblem.

Also they removed Geno from Mario & Luigi remake, so I kinda doubt Square wants to go back there. Geno is still a assist despite all the fan demand.
He wasn't edited out of the GBA rerelease on NSO. Wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo made a deal after the release of the M&L remake with SE for a remake of SMRPG, the character costume in smash ultimate, and the ability to rerelease M&L on NSO.

Even though we're expecting the announcement to come in a hour, I'm still going to refresh Twitter like a maniac in 5 minutes. You never know what could happen!

If I remember correctly I don't think they ever said "DP2" but just "Detective Pikachu for Switch". I however doubt that it could take this long for a Detective Pikachu port to come over, so I'm leaning on the sequel side.

Nope. They said the game ended on a cliffhanger and the Switch game will be the conclusion. So pretty much confirmed as sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom