• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST5| Uncharted Territory: Drake's Deception

When is the next general full-length Direct?

• June

Votes: 130 38.0%
  • July

Votes: 40 11.7%
  • August

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • September

Votes: 129 37.7%
  • October

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • November

• December

• January

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • February

• Never

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
definitely not happening until new hardware even if it's just a Melee remake or something
I've said it before, nobody actually wants a Melee remake. People think they want it, until they get it. Then the crying about tweaked physics, tweaked balanced, no rollback netcode, slight input delay, etc will mean the Melee fantastics go back to GC Melee, and non fantastics just stick with Smash Ultimate since it has more characters/stages.

Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase
GTA 6, Final Fantasy 17, Half-Life 3, and Gex: Practice Safe Gex are all coming exclusively to the Nintendo Swich Family of Systems

Nintendo fans:
But where is the platforming monkey?!

Well I'm sure Nate will drop in later to say something about this stuff

zelda-funny.gif

I'm not sure why they would stop developing for Switch even if Switch 2 is imminent. I am assuming most of the first and second year games will be on both anyway.

definitely not happening until new hardware even if it's just a Melee remake or something
I doubt it's ever happening. I mean it's called "ULTIMATE". Keep it updated for new hardware and you don't have to make a new title and don't have to renegotiate the web of character rights.

TOTK gameplay twist hasn't clicked with me as much as BOTW did, but one thing that I appreciate above all is the artistic department, man, such a good music and artistic design, I love it.
Absolutely! It feels so ..... unique. But that undersells it, I think fresh is a better word. I'd never expect a theme like this as combat theme in an action adventure game.

I'm not sure why they would stop developing for Switch even if Switch 2 is imminent. I am assuming most of the first and second year games will be on both anyway.
Exactly, but they’re gonna hold them for the new hardware so it looks like the new machine has this big slew of games right at launch, incentivizing people to purchase it (even if they also play on the old machine)

OK here’s my question for the thread:

If Nintendo partnered with a company like Fathom Events to show Nintendo Directs in theatres, would you want to watch a Direct in a theatre surrounded by other Nintendo fans? Let’s assume tickets are free.
Yeah, of course. But not for Partner Directs.

I doubt it's ever happening. I mean it's called "ULTIMATE". Keep it updated for new hardware and you don't have to make a new title and don't have to renegotiate the web of character rights.

I'm sure the poor contract folks and lawyers who would have to renegotiate everything again would like you to have mercy with them. ^^

after how well ultimate sold I am kinda worreid other companies are going to be demanding even more money for their characters to be in the next one

I think the Switch’s last year (the one we’re in) is just gonna be back-loaded with Mario Kart DLC, Pokémon DLC, a remastered GameCube game or three (we already got one so far this year) and that kinda thing. And Pikmin 4. Anything big is absolutely being held back for the new hardware.
I still think Nintendo will have titles for Switch 1 between now and a year or so into the Switch 2's life. Most successful Nintendo device has gotten support from Nintendo right up to the successors launch, many of which even got support a year or two afterwards including the NES, SNES, GBA, DS, and 3DS. Since we know Switch 2 isn't until 2024, I doubt they'll have nothing between August 2023 and whenever in 2024.

If Nintendo partnered with a company like Fathom Events to show Nintendo Directs in theatres, would you want to watch a Direct in a theatre surrounded by other Nintendo fans? Let’s assume tickets are free.
No

If we're allowed to loiter before and after with our Switches for pick up games of Smash/Mario Kart in the lobby, sure.

Even by the standards of online Nintendo discourse the reaction to that mall tweet in this thread is something.
I guess the thought is they would announce a mall tour after a direct in which they would have actual new games to play at the tour, instead of games that the majority of people have already.

But in the in end I don't think this mall tour really has much impact on whether we get a direct or not.

Malls are dead

So are Nintendo’s chances of having any games this year
I said this months ago, but I want Nintendo to go to the actually “dead malls” out there for these. Get to the Everett mall! Show up at Glen Bernie. Go to the husk of the Lloyd Center in Portland. Go to the real people instead of the glitzy malls that get everything good anyway. Nintendo, I can plan this tour for you.

I've seen enough videos of the frankly strange reactions that go on at live events at the New York Nintendo world store to say categorically no, absolutely not.

For one thing, I'd like to be able to hear the announcements and music of what's being shown instead of a bunch of weirdos screaming

Dude it gets so tiring. That’s why I don’t like being around so much. Because we go through the same cycles. People take the smallest unrelated thing to mean we’re not getting a direct.
I swear it's the same every single time. If they tweet something about TotK again does it mean we are not getting a Direct? Lol.

The mall tour is for normal people. Normal people do not already have every game.
Yep. One of my friends who has a switch and series x plays a decent amount of games and got a voucher for TOTK. He asked what other games to get and I gave off a list of like 10 to see if he had any, and had none. This should help boost sales of these older games and stuff with DLC. It’s not for FamiBoard members, lol

Ew, meeting Nintendo fans in real life. Some of them could be Smash Bros players. Imagine the smell. Then you have to listen to the ramblings of a person who says the Mario sports games don't have enough content despite their Switch saying they have only played one for an hour. Then you have the people who insist that Kirby Air Ride is actually good. No thanks.

Haven't you heard the news? After TotK's launch, Switch is dead and getting no more games ever. Anything released after TotK doesn't count, especially Pikmin 4.

Just wait until Nintendo launches the next TotK patch, the Roguelite one.

The patch randomizes every Shrine, Dungeon, Cave and Well every 3 months.

Never-ending Zelda.

I would be the guy with two laptops and my phone out while watching just incase pre-orders for that thing went up.

Also, I would be handling out Famiboards business cards to everyone in the theater.

I would be the guy with two laptops and my phone out while watching just incase pre-orders for that thing went up.

Also, I would be handling out Famiboards business cards to everyone in the theater.
Wait you got business cards? I gotta ping an admin and get mine

I guess the thought is they would announce a mall tour after a direct in which they would have actual new games to play at the tour, instead of games that the majority of people have already.

But in the in end I don't think this mall tour really has much impact on whether we get a direct or not.
Like I said a page or two ago, events like GamesCom did involve Nintendo having upcoming games present, but they were also more than happy to demo games they'd previously released.

Equally, I think people forget they exist in a bubble and that those of us (like myself) who might end up buying games every month are a very small part of the Switch userbase. Nintendo don't need to tour malls to reach us.

I wonder why Nintendo doesn’t like to announce their Directs more than a day or two out like everyone else.
The closer the better, they do longer announcements for game specific Directs though. It's usually 31/32hours before based on time saving. The Direct last September was only 24hours due to TGS happening really soon.

I wonder why Nintendo doesn’t like to announce their Directs more than a day or two out like everyone else.
They like the chaos lol.
I actually call it the Volcano strategy of marketing. Volcanos are usually pretty regular and can be predicted but you really never know when they will blow. Nintendo uses this same method for directs, we generally have a good idea when they will be and the community will start talking and the pressure starts building.

I've seen enough videos of the frankly strange reactions that go on at live events at the New York Nintendo world store to say categorically no, absolutely not.

For one thing, I'd like to be able to hear the announcements and music of what's being shown instead of a bunch of weirdos screaming
Dog, you’re calling those people weirdos while on a forum dedicated to people trying to figure out when a Nintendo Direct will happen, down to the very second, and having meltdowns if it doesn’t come true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom