• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase announced for June 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how he starts nearly shouting over it
He tried, but he can't beat the legendary Dragon Quest theme. Narrator is too weak. For real tho I would like to know one day who is the narrator, we are hearing him for more than 5 years now but we don't know him.

Yeah honestly the steamdeck is becoming appealing to me. The sad part is I’m not asking for much most gamers aren’t. I can patiently wait for something that appeals to me. I have $150 eshop credit that isn’t going anywhere so. 🤷🏾‍♂️
Ask yourself: if this direct has the same proportion of ports and multiplats, but instead of being japan focused being western focused, and say the big ending anoucnement being the Fallout games or something like that instead of persona... do you think the reactions would be the same, worse or better?

I feel like the discourse (many ports, it was fine, good games...) would stay mostly the same, but the overall satisfaction would probably fall. Especially on this forum.

It's honestly hilarious thinking about the journey from Joker's Smash announcement to the news that Persona 5 is being ported to Switch nearly four years after that closing out a Direct.

Ask yourself: if this direct has the same proportion of ports and multiplats, but instead of being japan focused being western focused, and say the big ending anoucnement being the Fallout games or something like that instead of persona... do you think the reactions would be the same, worse or better?

I feel like the discourse (many ports, it was fine, good games...) would stay mostly the same, but the overall satisfaction would probably fall. Especially on this forum.
It’s all depending on the games. Honestly the only third party games that would be must buys for me is COD (seriously any COD for me at this point ANY) and the Tomb Raider games. That all I personally want to play handheld on switch. There are other games that could be announced that gets my attention and possibly my money, but I don’t know what those are.

So who is gonna start the “there’s definitely a first party thing in July speculation” thread
I was going to go ahead with my semi-bullshit theory that, actually, we got a Showcase because so many publishers want to pay to be in the June Direct and Nintendo were like "oh boy, better do 2 Directs this time!"

So next month we'll finally get the Batman games, the Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters, Resident Evil Switchelations 3, Tactics Ogre, and Octopath Traveler 2 alongside Bayonetta 3, Advance Wars, 1-2 Switch Watch Out For That (Stinky) Horse, Kart DLC, N64 NSO, and Metroid Prime HD.

wills this into existence

nose bleeds

passes out

Im starting to think we will not getting any General Direct until September. Metroid Prime Remastered will be a Twitter announcement and the delayed of Bayonetta 3 will happened in September Direct
d255e3b2-2996-45a4-914f-fe178be9efa3_text.gif

It's not July 14th yet

Im starting to think we will not getting any General Direct until September. Metroid Prime Remastered will be a Twitter announcement and the delayed of Bayonetta 3 will happened in September Direct
Those two are all I need right now, so I’m fine with Twitter drops in that case. Just need them at this point, I don’t care how

I was going to go ahead with my semi-bullshit theory that, actually, we got a Showcase because so many publishers want to pay to be in the June Direct and Nintendo were like "oh boy, better do 2 Directs this time!"

So next month we'll finally get the Batman games, the Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters, Resident Evil Switchelations 3, Tactics Ogre, and Octopath Traveler 2 alongside Bayonetta 3, Advance Wars, 1-2 Switch Watch Out For That (Stinky) Horse, Kart DLC, N64 NSO, and Metroid Prime HD.

wills this into existence

nose bleeds

passes out
Agree though stinky will be delegated to a tweet

Yeah honestly the steamdeck is becoming appealing to me. The sad part is I’m not asking for much most gamers aren’t. I can patiently wait for something that appeals to me. I have $150 eshop credit that isn’t going anywhere so. 🤷🏾‍♂️
Unfortunately Nintendo’s western support was going to take a big hit with or without Switch Pro due to acquisitions

One doesn’t preclude the other from happening. A new IP in the vein of Rune Factory is a much more exciting announcement than upgrades of games I’ve played several times already.

Really I was just stating my personal preference, in reality it's more like, "Hey Square stop screwing around with NFTs and the multiverse and spend time on actually bringing all the games to the platform with a huge install base and not in any sort of cloud version."

So do we have some thoughts already on the odd choice of not making this a general direct by throwing Prime Remastered and Bayonetta in there, as well as a Splatoon and Xenoblade reminder? Would’ve been a pretty solid Direct!

My best guess: Nintendo is shaking things up again, and rather than pushing it all out in one juicy direct they are aiming to keep the momentum high … which would mean first party stuff for Q4 in July.

Nintendo could announce Metroid Prime Remaster via carrier pigeon and I'd still be thrilled. I just want them to announce it.

It’s all depending on the games. Honestly the only third party games that would be must buys for me is COD (seriously any COD for me at this point ANY) and the Tomb Raider games. That all I personally want to play handheld on switch. There are other games that could be announced that gets my attention and possibly my money, but I don’t know what those are.
Thats... actually really not that much. then i honestly struggle to see a future where you will be happy with switches third party support =/

Just personally for this one:
Nier (wanted this on switch since release, suprised that it took this long)
Pac Man World looks fun i guess.
Blanc: i already have a friend, she instantly asked me if we will play that
Little Noah: looked pottentially interesting
Sonic Frontiers: I am still hopefull
Live A Live : happy that there is a demo, am worried that its less content rich then Octopath Travler
And maybe Persona 5, depending on how bored i get in winter.

So enough to say, im satisfied.
Thats 2 late port, 2 remakes, and 3 new games. that sounds fine for third party for me personally.

I asume that you at least like nintendo first party games?
In that case, its probably best to generally ignore third party news on switch.

So do we have some thoughts already on the odd choice of not making this a general direct by throwing Prime Remastered and Bayonetta in there, as well as a Splatoon and Xenoblade reminder? Would’ve been a pretty solid Direct!

My best guess: Nintendo is shaking things up again, and rather than pushing it all out in one juicy direct they are aiming to keep the momentum high … which would mean first party stuff for Q4 in July.

I may very well be wrong, but I am on the hardware-reveal direct in July with first party games.

Truly, this was the last straw for me as a Nintendo fan. Seeing the lack of first party games, I removed my Switch from its dock, and forcefully smashed it in two over my knee. Nintendo has wasted enough of my time. Where's Metroid Prime 4?? Where's Bayonetta??? Next I'll be smashing every Switch game I own one day at a time for every day Pikmin 4 is not revealed. Miyamoto, your time is up.

Nah but really, pretty good Direct.

Truly, this was the last straw for me as a Nintendo fan. Seeing the lack of first party games, I removed my Switch from its dock, and forcefully smashed it in two over my knee. Nintendo has wasted enough of my time. Where's Metroid Prime 4?? Where's Bayonetta??? Next I'll be smashing every Switch game I own one day at a time for every day Pikmin 4 is not revealed. Miyamoto, your time is up.

I can't believe you didn't go with the Bakugan copypasta

Thats... actually really not that much. then i honestly struggle to see a future where you will be happy with switches third party support =/

Just personally for this one:
Nier (wanted this on switch since release, suprised that it took this long)
Pac Man World looks fun i guess.
Blanc: i already have a friend, she instantly asked me if we will play that
Little Noah: looked pottentially interesting
Sonic Frontiers: I am still hopefull
Live A Live : happy that there is a demo, am worried that its less content rich then Octopath Travler
And maybe Persona 5, depending on how bored i get in winter.

So enough to say, im satisfied.
Thats 2 late port, 2 remakes, and 3 new games. that sounds fine for third party for me personally.

I asume that you at least like nintendo first party games?
In that case, its probably best to generally ignore third party news on switch.
1st party is hit or miss for me. All I want at this point is Pikmin 4. 😢🤷🏾‍♂️

I had low expectations going into de direct and I am more than pleased with what they showed this was a very good showing with exclusive third party content and new announcements

In the month of June, Nintendo and Sony have managed to change the narratives of both Partner Directs and State of Play Shows respectively.

Well done

Wouldn't this work better if people were actually more negative about this Direct? This reception was a far cry from the 2020 shows.

Did we just witness the birth of a new copypasta??

Aye. You feel to me how i would use a PS: some first party, the rare third party thats exclusive or does not come to switch, but for the most part it would be an extension to my switch for gaming.
Yeah. My gaming has been trending downwards as of late. I got Mario strikers for the family to play. I got dragons dogma a couple weeks ago and seems like that isn’t for me. Looking for something good to play soon. Seems like October will be the month for me that I get something new.

The showcase was mediocre as expected

I think at this point with the Switch being at the end of it's lifespan it's already set in stone what we should expect from third Parties on Switch and on Nintendo consoles going forward, and it can be summarized in one word "Ports", it can't be helped that the amount of Remakes and Remasters are getting out of hands lately as well

I think at this point with the Switch being at the end of it's lifespan it's already set in stone what we should expect from third Parties on Switch and on Nintendo consoles going forward, and it can be summarized in one word "Ports", it can't be helped that the amount of Remakes and Remasters are getting out of hands lately as well
This has been the kind of third party support since the beginning, tho. If you're wishing a Switch Pro into existence to get all AAA western games on day one, maybe the Switch just isn't for you.

Last edited:
Which one was that?
I think it's this:

"This reveal might be the biggest insult by a major gaming company in the past decade. I literally screamed "FUCK YOU" at my screen. I knew they said it wasn't going to be Metroid but the hype they created made me think they were just going to surprise us with it anyway. Absolutely unacceptable to do this to us. Once they knew Metroid was expected, they should've cancelled the announcement."

This has been the kind of third party support since the beginning, tho. If you're wishing a Switch Pro into getting all AAA western games on day one, maybe the Switch just isn't for you.
I think people need to stop saying that’s what everyone wants on the switch. It doesn’t need every AAA third party port. No one is wishing for that. We are well aware that’s not going to happen. There are many AAA “IPs” that could and should be on switch though.

I think it's this:

"This reveal might be the biggest insult by a major gaming company in the past decade. I literally screamed "FUCK YOU" at my screen. I knew they said it wasn't going to be Metroid but the hype they created made me think they were just going to surprise us with it anyway. Absolutely unacceptable to do this to us. Once they knew Metroid was expected, they should've cancelled the announcement."
I am spamming this literally everytime Nintendo does something unexpected. This is gold.

This has been the kind of third party support since the beginning, tho. If you're wishing a Switch Pro into getting all AAA western games on day one, maybe the Switch just isn't for you.
I didn't even mention the Switch Pro lol

Obviously most people including me get a Switch for first parties, but am commenting on what this showcase is all about, Wich is third parties

there's some interesting case where Switch third party support should give us a pretty good idea of What Nintendo relationship with third parties will be going forward, and the answer so far is "expect mostly ports"

Just watched now, Partner is really good, not too dissapointed anymore about no General. Add in Mario Kart 8 DLC announcement + rumoured Metroid Prime HD Trilogy this summer and I'll be set. Were insiders thinking General Mini Direct in July?

Post like this make me think people didn't even watch the direct. There were more new games announced today coming day 1 to switch then their were old ports.

New games we didn't know about before today coming day 1 on switch
Super Bomberman R2
Lorelai
Blanc
Doraemon Story of Seasons 2
Harvestella
Railgrade
Little Noah

New collections/remasters we didn't know about and will be day 1 on switch
Pac Man World Repac
Battle Network Legacy Collection

Games we knew about and are confirmed day 1 on switch
Return to Monkey Island
Persona 3P remaster
Captian Velvet
Disney Dreamlight Valley
Dragon Quest Treasure
Minecraft Legends
Sonic Frontier
Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak
Live A Live remake
Mario & Rabbids Sparks of Hope

Actually old ports
Persona 5R
Persona 4G remaster
Nier Automata
Rpg Time
Portal Collection (it's technically a new collection but these games have been available on other platforms for awhile)

Trying to say this direct was "nothing but ports" is disingenuous as best, outright fabrication at worst. You don't have to like everything announced or detailed today, but Switch is largely still getting new games from basically major 3rd party publisher in Japan. It doesn't say anything about the Switch being near the end of it's lifespan, if anything it confirms it's still in the middle of it.

Did you even watch the showcase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom