• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase announced for June 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just happy these not-so-subtle date hints box markomaro into some pretty fixed claims. Though he will probably try to skirt them as incidental.

Though fuck it's not like getting things wrong countless times before has ever really put a damper on him or attention around him...

And if he's somehow right... cool. July 13th isn't that far away.
The July date is probably just a random date he heard and the supposed release is a friday around the anniversary of the release of the original, because that's something Grubb has been predicting.
Would all be kinda safe bets, using other peoples info, if he didnt choose black friday which is weird.
If half the stuff in nates podcast woul materialze, te direct would need to be almost an hour... but you guys where speaking so confident for many of those. And it would not just be a partner direct mini, it would be a huge direct.

In regards to first party stuff in june... thats the constelation i really dont see.
As some mentioned, their lineup for the rest of the year is already pretty solid. If they want to
anounce 1 or 2 titles for later this year, they could do that in september, mixed in with early 2023 stuff.

July also seems slightly early for new Hardware, except if it would ship in fall already...
and "not good enough for a general direct"... with whats rumored, that seems kinda silly.
Mario Kart / Splatoon / MP1R / Bayonetta / Xenoblade / all the third party stuff.
to me this sounds like a solid direct.
July isn't too early for hardware, just look at when the Switch Lite and OLED were announced.

The July date is probably just a random date he heard and the supposed release is a friday around the anniversary of the release of the original, because that's something Grubb has been predicting.
Would all be kinda safe bets, using other peoples info, if he didnt choose black friday which is weird.

July isn't too early for hardware, just look at when the Switch Lite and OLED were announced.
But they were minor revisions, they are not the same.

I still wonder what this Pokemon regions countdown was all about. This week would be gen9 region. Last time they did it, it ended with a pokemon direct revealing gen8.
Actually I cannot find the 2022 countdown anymore, the amount of content the pokemon company put out is overwhelming lol. If someone can help and clarify it was not some collective hallucination lol

Just had a listen to Morning Mess - 100% speculation. His reasoning was that ‘if they had enough content for a major Direct why wouldn’t they have done it in June?’

It’s not unreasonable, but it’s hardly a bulletproof theory. Regardless Metroid Prime remaster (along with anything else) can’t be far off
I agree, it's not an unreasonable view.

It suggests to me one of two things.

1. There really isn't anything to show at this time - we already got told BotW2 is delayed, Mario movie was delayed which you'd think would also delay any announcement of a new game (not a Mario movie game, a Mario game to cross-promote) and there's no reason to think MP4 is close given Retro's recent track record (their last release in 2014).

2. Nintendo have confidence in the current slate. It's fair to say that the current slate is not going to be for everyone... but off the back of enormous Switch success and a back catalogue that is still shifting an impressive amount of units every single week (not to mention external factors such as the continuing fallout from the pandemic) I respect and agree with the decision.

We don't need to know much more at this point. Now, September... that could be the time for some big reveals and updates.

One thing I hope most from this today is that it’s not just anime game after anime game after anime game…..give us a good mix of stuff
Or you could just play some anime games, I think Shin-chan being announced today shows that there's clearly a variety of games coming.

I hope this isn't true. There are already too many games. They should unreveal games instead.
Nuntendo Direct
Tune in for 40 minutes of game cancellations of previously announced games. Updates will include the date of the unannouncement of the sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and the entire release schedule for 2022-2023, which can also now fit on this tweet.

Damn markomaro deconfirming Pikmin for next year like that, I feel sorry for the fans.

Who's ready for Bakugan Switch....2!

e3-peggle.gif

I wouldn't be shocked if we get just game specific directs and announcements some other Mini Partners and no General Direct for the rest of the year - BOTW 2 Direct in November/December when they are ready to kick off the marketing

I personally think 2022 is extremely late for a Pro and not a real successor but we'll see.
Everything has been slowed by Covid and the way Nintendo has talked about where we are in the Switch lifecycle I think it sitll has some time left.

I can see it

Yeah I think that one is very likely true.
That rumor has been floating around for a while.

I really do respect Doctres Linkedin sleuthing, but man this guy sometimes just comes off as very full of himself.
Just saw his Metroid Prime video today.
So much posturing in his last few videos.

I wouldn't be surprised if Batman wasn't there. I totally expect Arkham Knight to be Switch Pro exclusive and all three games to be sold separately because of that. Maybe at a "Switch Pro Showcase", if there ever was one.

I have two games in progress which I am hoping to finish before the direct! So would be keen for an interesting shadow drop.

What are the chances we get Goldeneye added to NSO here?

Also mention of Fire Emblem 3 Hopes as a partner project with the Three Houses DLC added to the expansion pack?

Yeah Directs are the most fun when you're going into them with 0 expectations and hope for at least 1 thing that interests you. At least for general directs I think I always had 1 thing that I liked, so I'm never really disappointed.

I am quite surprised about the negative feeling of this Partner Direct. We haven't seen anything yet and the past showed that some good games can come from it anyway.

Seeing which games are being rumoured this sounds like a very good line-up we will see in two hours.

After 5-6+ years? Feels a bit late.
I think most people are just too overenthusiastic about ending generations and buying new overpriced consoles that will be sold out everywhere, don't really have launch titles warranting the purchase and have undercooked UI features because they are rushed to market.
I'm not even done with all my 3DS games lol.

I am quite surprised about the negative feeling of this Partner Direct. We haven't seen anything yet and the past showed that some good games can come from it anyway.

Seeing which games are being rumoured this sounds like a very good line-up we will see in two hours.
I agree, but I do think it's fair enough for people to mourn the loss of an E3 style Nintendo Direct. Perhaps it'll come in July as many hope, but I personally have the chips down on September - and that feels like a time when Zelda, Mario and perhaps some surprises could all come to fruition.

I think most people are just too overenthusiastic about ending generations and buying new overpriced consoles that will be sold out everywhere, don't really have launch titles warranting the purchase and have undercooked UI features because they are rushed to market.
To be fair, the market can't stagnate just because people are still playing older consoles. I have two GBA games on my plate right now, that doesn't mean we should stop there.

That said, I do think it's not the right time for a Pro/successor. It's been less than a year since the OLED and that already came with a price increase. Tempting consumers with a major upgrade every year doesn't sound like Nintendo. I say if anything happens this year it's another minor revision and a successor is coming next year.

To be fair, the market can't stagnate just because people are still playing older consoles. I have two GBA games on my plate right now, that doesn't mean we should stop there.

That said, I do think it's not the right time for a Pro/successor. It's been less than a year since the OLED and that already came with a price increase. Tempting consumers with a major upgrade every year doesn't sound lim Nintendo. I say if anything happens this year it's another minor revision and a successor is coming next year.
I didn't mean to suggest that, of course we need to move on at some point.
But like you said, Nintendo's communication just doesn't seem like they want to move on already.
Everyone talking about successors is just overly eager.

We are past the halfway point with the Switch, I give it about two years still.

We should really think about banning Markomaro around here. Singalposting his bs helps nobody but himself.

Eventually he will be right with something and act like he has sources or infos. Congrats for that 0,01 % success rate I guess.

Generally my expectations for Directs is that someone will appear all of a sudden while i'm watching, break into my house and punch me in the face. If everyone had the same expectations, there'd be no way to feel disappointed

I agree, but I do think it's fair enough for people to mourn the loss of an E3 style Nintendo Direct. Perhaps it'll come in July as many hope, but I personally have the chips down on September - and that feels like a time when Zelda, Mario and perhaps some surprises could all come to fruition.
I can understand it for sure. The thing is that Nintendo didn't need a full direct in June if you look at the current output in games. Technically the only month without games for now is August, which could be for example Advance Wars being dropped in there with a trailer. Xenoblade doesn't need much anymore and a launch trailer can easily be dropped. A Splatoon 3 focused Direct in August can take care of Splatoon and then in September after Splatoon release you get the full blown Direct to fill up the rest of the year + first half of 2023.

That is my cup of tea :p

I'm not talking about what I personally want. I've stated several times that I'm ok with the switch as it is, and I would be ok if it wasn't replaced until 2025.
I'm talking about the fact that releasing a pro model, that is a console which main goal is to offer a boost in resolution and frame rate for existing games, makes little sense when the original console has been on the market for nearly 6 years. At this point, people dissatisfied with the Switch visual won't be magically swayed because Zelda is 1080p rather than 900p, and those like me who are ok with 900p won't feel an urge to shell 350 rupees for a few more pixels.

Finally, the only tangible information we have for a new console by Nintendo indicates a machine in-between a PS4 and an XBSS. Complete overkill for a "switch pro".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom