• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase announced for June 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is true. New Pokemon, Splatoon 3, exclusive Mario + Rabbids - that's a heavy hitting line-up. The narrative that Dring is tapping into comes from Zelda being the Online Hype Machine (and sure, the new one will be an enormous hit). All that being said...

... I personally don't think it's impossible that Nintendo planned to promote Zelda at E3 and that E3 being cancelled led them to change their plans. That doesn't mean they went "oh no, we have nothing!"; more that, without E3 to tie it to, they pushed back promotion for Zelda and are splitting up the rest of the news they wanted to deliver because they no longer have to stick to the E3 schedule.
Plans change trademarked

Probably would have helped if they had jumped on the train earlier instead of waiting till kingdom for their Switch releases.
They were likely focused on just finishing 13 Sentinels, they've already starting bringing their games over so I wouldn't be surprised to see more ports from them.

Not trying to say he’s an insider just curious what’s everybody’s read on this.

Thoughts @NateDrake? With Grubb just corroborating Metroid Prime is coming this year, Bayonetta 3 and Mario Rabbids having yet to be shown, and the high potential of Fire Emblem, this just doesn’t seem like the right conclusion. They could have all made for a good showcase combined with third parties.

Not sure what is "insidery" about this. Seems like he's just stating the opinion that with Zelda being delayed to next year, it was no longer a guarantee to be shown at this time, even if there was a tradition E3 style direct.

M+R is the best Switch exclusive imo so I'm 100% content with it being the focus of this week Nintendo wise.

BotW2 I'm extremely itchy for but I never expected to see it again until September ever since it got pushed to 2023.

Waddle Dee stays Knowing

snoop-dogg.gif

Not trying to say he’s an insider just curious what’s everybody’s read on this.

Thoughts @NateDrake? With Grubb just corroborating Metroid Prime is coming this year, Bayonetta 3 and Mario Rabbids having yet to be shown, and the high potential of Fire Emblem, this just doesn’t seem like the right conclusion. They could have all made for a good showcase combined with third parties.

Yeah, I don’t think this is it at all. Their 2019 show had barely anything truly needed, relying on gameplay reveals, Smash characters, and the Zelda finisher. They had more than enough to make a good show without relying on new announcements.

One thing I shamelessly miss about GAF is the amount of bans that came along with each direct. Nintendo makes people lose there mind on gaming forums.
Some people just appeared for account suicides

Superweird

I had a nostalgic moment for Salesage in regards to April 2008. What a glorious moment

I think you can have multiple holiday games. Luigi's Mansion 3 was, Dread was, SMT was, Age of Calamity was, etc. Of course, the smaller games will be acting more as support to the main holiday game (in most years being pokemon).

it’s not too surprising Monolith would do a new Astral Chain. People asked why Nintendo would get AC for themselves and how could they make one without Platinum. Well you get Monolith to do it. They made the most sense out of all of Nintendo’s developers. I’d be insanely excited if Monolith makes Astral Chain 2

I wish that new mario+rabbids game was a different type of thing rather than a sequel, keep things weird

Idk why it’s surprising Monolith would do a new Astral Chain. People asked why Nintendo would get AC for themselves and how could they make one without Platinum. Well you get Monolith to do it. They made the most sense out of all of Nintendo’s developers. I’d be insanely excited if Monolith makes Astral Chain 2
It’d be a radical departure from what Monolith normally does and would likely spell the end of the Xeno series for the time being. Platinum did a great job with the initial game, so why shake it up? It wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world, but I’d much rather just keep the status quo and let each developer do what they do best.

All this talk of Monolith Soft taking over Astral Chain… I just want to know why they’re not making a new F-Zero or Ice Climbers?!
Are there rumours about this, or is it just speculation?I would prefer if Monolith did a new IP from the ground up, but this could be interesting.

Not sure what is "insidery" about this. Seems like he's just stating the opinion that with Zelda being delayed to next year, it was no longer a guarantee to be shown at this time, even if there was a tradition E3 style direct.

The wording isn’t framed as speculation - he’s saying ‘it’s because of this’. If he intends to speculate then it’s his responsibility to make that clearer

Monolith Soft has great cinematic sense and very good combat choreography. It makes no sense for them to work on F-Zero or Starfox. JRPG and Action Games are perfect for them.

It’d be a radical departure from what Monolith normally does and would likely spell the end of the Xeno series for the time being. Platinum did a great job with the initial game, so why shake it up? It wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world, but I’d much rather just keep the status quo and let each developer do what they do best.
We don’t know the relationship or anything might be happening at Platinum. Nintendo had an idea in my mind (for whatever reason) to get the IP fully for themselves. They saw how Bayonetta 3 is turning out.

Maybe they want a more stable company to do it like Monolith. I think it’s a downplay to say “let them do what they do best”. Well nobody knew Guerrilla Games could do Horizon Zero Dawn from all those subpar shooting Killzone games.

There have been interviews from Monolith employees saying they’ve wanted to make an Action game.

Who would have thought after the awful droughts of 2020 and the incredible year of 2021 with amazing Smash reveals and even Metroid Dread, that our June Direct would be this... I hope it's good at least, some partner showcases were awful

• Games that would be better-looking, performing, and possibly designed if they were released elsewhere
I find this point a bit unfair. These are games that exist because Nintendo helped fund and publish them, and without Nintendo to back it we would not have them. Games like Bayonetta 3, Astral Chain 2, and Mario Plus Rabbids 2 fall into this category. Heck you could even lump games like Monster Hunter Rise, SMTV, and Monster Hunter Stories 2 that were not published by Nintendo but have eventual PC ports in there as well (SMTV still exclusive).

These 3rd party exclusives are just as appealing and important to a lot of people because they are not watered down ports, but games made specifically for Switch hardware. To say they are any less than Nintendo 1st party games simply because they could, "run better on other platforms" kind of harkens back to when people wanted Nintendo to go 3rd party. Because their games would also run better on other hardware as well.

The important thing is that Nintendo is investing one way or another to bring exclusive content to their platform that is designed for the hardware itself, not what another platform COULD have done with it...because well it isn't there.

That's just my opinion though and you are entitled to yours. I just had to put my counter argument to that point out there. Hope you see something that excites you!

Damn I remember when Astral Chain was fully revealed some people even thought it was a Monolith game before Kamiya was shown on the project. Damiani from Easy Allies was funny to keep thinking it was Monolith lol

These are my predictions

• Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak launch trailer (new demo?)
  • Persona 3,4,5 Dancing games announced
  • Star Wars Hunters - shadowdropped
  • SD Gundam Battle Alliance - new trailer
  • Loop8 - release date (could be JP only)
  • Cuphead Delicious Last Course trailer
  • Mario + Rabbids 2 (just a trailer, more at the Ubi event)
  • Sonic Frontier trailer
  • Dragon Quest Treasures - Trailer + Release date (could be JP Only)
  • Live A Live (demo shadowdropped)
  • Atelier Ryza 3 reveal trailer (could be JP only)
  • Trinity Trigger (NISA) - Fall 2022
  • Hollow Knight Silksong - shadowdropped
  • Dragon Quest III Remake - release date (could be JP only)

Bayonetta 3 is published by Nintendo in all regions, they won't considered third, sorry.

M+R is obviously understandable but I do get where people are coming from when games like Bayo 3 and Astral Chain are stuck on what is essentially a portable Xbox 360. The art styles of those games especially would benefit greatly on stronger platforms.

But this is also something we've been dealing with for over a decade since Wii so I'm kind of just used it by now as much as a bummer it can be.

Astral Chain X by Monolith Soft featuring a voiced protagonist
That was my only gripe with the first game...this was a story about two characters...that both had voice actors. There was no need for a silent protagonist as this was not supposed to be from the "player perspective" I feel, and I think certain story beats would have hit harder overall had the chosen protagonist had their own voice lines.

Still loved the game though.

M+R is obviously understandable but I do get where people are coming from when games like Bayo 3 and Astral Chain are stuck on what is essentially a portable Xbox 360. The art styles of those games especially would benefit greatly on stronger platforms.

But this is also something we've been dealing with for over a decade since Wii so I'm kind of just used it by now as much as a bummer it can be.
In stronger platforms these games wouldnt exist so I dont understand what is the point, is like wishing Nintendo released BOTW on PS5 or Odyssey in Series X (also Switch is more a weaker PS4 than a stronger X360 but that isnt worth discussing)

Bayo 3 and Astral Chain wouldn't have been made if they weren't on Switch. What's the graphical level of something that doesn't exist?

People complain about Astral Chain? The game wouldn’t exist without Nintendo?

I'm thinking Platinum's involvement with an Astral Chain sequel really might depend largely on how busy they are with their trying to get their own stuff off the ground right now. I do have a hard time seeing Nintendo deciding to do one without Platinum, but what Nate said certainly has me wondering more now about why Nintendo decided to acquire the full rights to the IP rather than continue to split it with Platinum.

Does anyone have the time stamp for where Nate said the Astral Chain part?

Guys I'm obviously aware AC and Bayo 3 would not exist if not for Nintendo lol, that wasn't the point I was making.

I'm just saying I get why people are often bummed they can only play those games on inferior tech.

M+R is obviously understandable but I do get where people are coming from when games like Bayo 3 and Astral Chain are stuck on a platform where a publisher is willing to fund and produce the games.
ftfy
Guys I'm obviously aware AC and Bayo 3 would not exist if not for Nintendo lol, that wasn't the point I was making.
wink wink nudge nudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom