• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Nintendo Direct announced for June 21 (40 minutes long, focused on games releasing this year, 7AM Pacific, 10AM Eastern, 4PM Central European)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with that, people isn't bored about the current Switch concept yet, because they know what they are buying.

My point is... what if Nintendo show us the patform for the next 7 - 8 years and it's just the same, with no evolution, no changes apart from more power?
Then, I don't think people would be so happy in general.
nothing will happen. what we know is that if nintendo tries to shift their winning formula for a gimmick, shit will happen lol

Metroid Prime 4 is the last big game for Switch is how I see it. It’ll be the BotW for Wii U to Switch.
I'm inclined to agree it'll be the last game for the Switch. Maybe DK but I doubt it for no other reason than my gut tbh lmao.
I’ll be surprised if they launched with Prime 4 tbh. I think it’s better for MP4 to come just a little bit later.
Yeah, Prime 4 is definitely a better game a few months after launch than on launch. With that said I don't see it happening. It's a Switch game through and through.

No. It needs to die dammit. Die!

Fun times when 3DS was at the end of its life and people were tired of seeing it “take up space” in the Directs lol.
The difference is we actually had a new console it was "taking up space" from

So, let's see....

-Performance clearly superior to a Xbox One, probably.
-Built-in storage enough for installing as many as 1-2 games
-Voice comm requiring the use of an app on your cell phone
-Paid subscription online service feature list competitive with Heat.net
-Peripheral pricing so high and bizarrely lopsided with the initial hardware bundle that it makes buying a second Switch 2 for parts a sensible option

...that's pretty dire, but it's still a much more compelling product than the Wii U at first reveal, simply by virtue of being a handheld. Might be somewhat more successful than the Wii U since it's not trying to leverage a poorly thought out archaic tablet as a unique selling point this time, but the cost of ownership is looking astronomically high. It's arguably higher than the major console competition, given the peripheral pricing, anemic built-in storage, low value paid online, etc., so it's abandoning a lot of the appeal that would otherwise come with being a handheld.

Handheld form factor and performance, but with $70 game pricing, paid online, tiny storage, and obscene peripheral costs. Worst of both worlds, arguably, and the mediocre mobile SoC isn't going to do it any favors when people hook it up to their living room setups. I seriously doubt I'll want to stretch out Switch 2 games onto my 75" 4K HDR TV.

Not exactly situated to take the market by storm with all that and a very thin launch lineup. Not something that's easy to root for as a consumer, either, since Nintendo loaded up on anti-consumer business decisions here. It's telling that first shipment pre-orders are still available.

No.

Xbox and Playstation have had basically nothing except “more power” for every generation since they started and have done just fine. It’d be something new for Nintendo but it’s not going to upset people. Maybe they’ll throw a camera on the back for AR stuff or something to give it a new gimmick, but I think a more powerful Switch would probably be totally fine.
I feel like they'll throw in a little gimmick as is Ninty's want, but imo the Switch concept is peak console design and I would honestly be more than happy with iterative Switches forever.

I honestly have no idea how can speculation of something like February Direct look like lol.
From the list I made earlier, pick games that you think are the furthest along and closest to coming out. Keep picking until you arrive at a number that seems good for a February Direct, then remove three picks

I'm inclined to agree it'll be the last game for the Switch. Maybe DK but I doubt it for no other reason than my gut tbh lmao.

Yeah, Prime 4 is definitely a better game a few months after launch than on launch. With that said I don't see it happening. It's a Switch game through and through.
I forgot DK. So hard to speculate when we don’t know when Nintendo is announcing their new system lol. Do people think it could still come H1 2024?

snip

Not exactly situated to take the market by storm with all that and a very thin launch lineup. Not something that's easy to root for as a consumer, either, since Nintendo loaded up on anti-consumer business decisions here. It's telling that first shipment pre-orders are still available.

No.

What's up with the melodramatic "No" lol

I hate to be that person but...

Seen a few mentions of a "rumoured July event"... What's up with this? Have scrolled a few pages in a few threads but can't see anything other than the mention of it.

(I always find it annoying when someone comes into a direct speculation thread and asks what's the latest when literally on the previous page is the details they're asking about) 🤣

I forgot DK. So hard to speculate when we don’t know when Nintendo is announcing their new system lol. Do people think it could still come H1 2024?
I think everyone who was on the 2023 train have shifted to H1 2024 haha. I think it's possible but unlikely at this point. Which is unfortunate cause I really want a new system lmao.

Seen a few mentions of a "rumoured July event"... What's up with this? Have scrolled a few pages in a few threads but can't see anything other than the mention of it.

(I always find it annoying when someone comes into a direct speculation thread and asks what's the latest when literally on the previous page is the details they're asking about) 🤣
Grubb mentioned he was hearing rumblings of something in July. Nate speculated about a deep-dive into Pikmin 4.

• Pokemon DLC leaker announced that they plan to release a 4K Patch for a new Switch model around the release of the 2nd Pokemon DLC (November-February)
  • Nintendo has been revealing their new hardware in july for couple years now so that would align with the Pokemon leak
  • Jeff Grubb added some smoke to it
  • Also there is the 40th anniversary of the Famicom (NES) :ninja: and we know how they care about those anniversary dates

If there's new hardware in July, I'd expect to see Switch TV/Calcio that ships alongside either Unannounced September Title or Super Mario Bros. Wonder

The July event is just a livestream of Miyamoto talking about how much he loves that every main Pikmin game is on Switch, while announcing that he's been trying his hardest to get Hey! Pikmin ported but nobody wants to do the job, so he's going to just do it himself.

So, let's see....

-Peripheral pricing so high and bizarrely lopsided with the initial hardware bundle that it makes buying a second Switch 2 for parts a sensible option

...that's pretty dire, but it's still a much more compelling product than the Wii U at first reveal, simply by virtue of being a handheld. Might be somewhat more successful than the Wii U since it's not trying to leverage a poorly thought out archaic tablet as a unique selling point this time, but the cost of ownership is looking astronomically high. It's arguably higher than the major console competition, given the peripheral pricing, anemic built-in storage, low value paid online, etc., so it's abandoning a lot of the appeal that would otherwise come with being a handheld.

Handheld form factor and performance, but with $70 game pricing, paid online, tiny storage, and obscene peripheral costs. Worst of both worlds, arguably, and the mediocre mobile SoC isn't going to do it any favors when people hook it up to their living room setups. I seriously doubt I'll want to stretch out Switch 2 games onto my 75" 4K HDR TV.

No.
...where is all of this coming from?

I peaked into the timeline where a Switch Pro was released in 2020 and the people there are complaining about the Switch Pro not dying and wish it had never been released because it extended the Switch's life.

So, let's see....

No.

Crazy to think this gem was almost 6 and a half years ago. Don't think we'll match that craziness next time around

• Pokemon DLC leaker announced that they plan to release a 4K Patch for a new Switch model around the release of the 2nd Pokemon DLC (November-February)
  • Nintendo has been revealing their new hardware in july for couple years now so that would align with the Pokemon leak
  • Jeff Grubb added some smoke to it
  • Also there is the 40th anniversary of the Famicom (NES) :ninja: and we know how they care about those anniversary dates
+

He has already replied that he will tell us if he has more info but let's keep it in a corner anyway

I think they're trying to be smarmy and lightly changed an old post about the switch 1s launch.

Yep lol

fac4317b5013bff221a396967eb5fa74.png

Again this is wrong and the investors report was wrongly translated, and click baited by blogs

I invite you to read this

I can tell you they aren't lying. Know how I know? Because they plan to sell 15m switches this year.

That wouldn't be happening if they were releasing the successor, no matter what insane conspiracy theories some dream up about how they're totally lying to us.

Good job just ignoring the entire rest of my post for the footnote too.

Refactored this into an upcoming release calendar. Maybe the General thread wants it

Upcoming Nintendo Games​

Everybody 1-2 Switch! [June 30]
Pikmin 4 [July 21]
Detective Pikachu Returns [October 6]
Super Mario Bros. Wonder [October 20]
WarioWare: Move It! [November 3]
Super Mario RPG [November 17]
Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon
Princess Peach game
Metroid Prime 4

Upcoming Nintendo DLC​

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass (Wave 5: Feather and Cherry Cups)
Splatoon 3 Expansion Pass (Wave 2: Side Order)
Pokémon Scarlet and Violet: The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero (Part 1: The Teal Mask)
Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Season Pass (DLC 3 featuring Rayman)

Upcoming Third-Party Games​

Sonic Origins Plus [June 23]
Story of Seasons: A Wonderful Life [June 27]
Tokyo Xanadu eX+ [June 29]
Front Mission 1st: Remake [June 30]
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective [June 30]
Master Detective Archives: Rain Code [June 30]
The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie [July 7]
Oxenfree II [July 12]
Atelier Marie Remake: The Alchemist of Salburg [July 13]
Manic Mechanics [July 13]
Lisa: Definitive Edition [July 18]
Nobunaga's Ambition: Awakening [July 20]
Double Dragon Gaiden: Rise of the Dragons [July 27]
Disney Illusion Island [July 28]
Akiba’s Trip: Undead & Undressed Director’s Cut [August 1]
Vampire Survivors [August 17]
Bomb Rush Cyberfunk [August 18]
Blasphemous [August 24]
Rhapsody: Marl Kingdom Chronicles [August 29]
Samba de Amigo: Party Central [August 29]
Sea of Stars [August 29]
Rune Factory 3 Special [September 5]
Fae Farm [September 8]
Super Bomberman R 2 [September 13]
Baten Kaitos I & II HD Remaster [September 14]
Gloomhaven [September 18]
Mortal Kombat 1 [September 19]
The Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trails [September 22]
Weird West [September 22]
Harvest Moon: The Winds of Anthos [September 26]
Mineko's Night Market [September 26]
My Time at Sandrock [September 26]
Fate/Samurai Remnant [September 28]
Infinity Strash: Dragon Quest The Adventure of Dai [September 28]
Disgaea 7: Vows of the Virtueless [October 3]
Silent Hope [October 3]
Hot Wheels Unleashed 2 – Turbocharged [October 19]
Just Dance 2024 Edition [October 24]
Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol. 1 [October 24]
Headbangers Rhythm Royale [October 31]
Star Ocean The Second Story R [November 2]
Persona 5 Tactica [November 17]
Biomutant [November 30]
Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince [December 1]
Batman: Arkham Trilogy [2023]
DecaPolice [2023]
Disney Dreamlight Valley [2023]
Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes [2023]
Fantasy Life i: The Girl Who Steals Time [2023]
Fashion Dreamer [2023]
Hollow Knight Silksong [2023]
Inazuma Eleven: Victory Road [2023]
Megaton Musashi: Wired [2023]
Metal Slug Tactics [2023]
MythForce [2023]
Otogi Katsugeki Mameda no Bakeru: Oracle Saitarou no Sainan!! [2023 JP]
Outer Wilds [2023]
Palia [2023]
Pepper Grinder [2023]
The Plucky Squire [2023]
Risk of Rain Returns [2023]
R-Type Tactics I • II Cosmos [2023]
Sonic Superstars [2023]
SteamWorld Build [2023]
Suikoden I&II HD Remaster [2023]
Ys X: Nordics [2023 JP]

Why are YouTubers so obsessed with pointing out when they were WRONG or when they were RIGHT
One more video + lots of comments from bootlickers fanbase / people who criticize the YTber = engagement = more visibility by the algorythm = more money.

So, let's see....

No.
My favorite part of the original comment will always be the ridiculously tacked on TV humblebragging. Like the guy was writing all that bullcrap and suddenly had this mighty need to make everyone know about his huge ass TV.

"Whoops, this console isn't gonna work properly in my MONSTER SCREEN, that I have on my MAGNUM TV!"

Crazy to think this gem was almost 6 and a half years ago. Don't think we'll match that craziness next time around
The absolute craziness going around at that time, message board members and youtubers going full mask off absolutely giddy about the prospect of Nintendo going out of business... We might never see something like this again.

To think those people still walk among us... I wonder if they're still secretly upset that Nintendo is still going.

So, let's see....

No.
Now why did this just give me nostalgia? Lmao.

Bad news everyone, Nintendo has no games for 2024 and 2025

E3 has seemingly been canceled for both years.

We don't need Direct Speculation because we've turned that into a fine-tuned machine.

We need Developer Speculation because we don't know who the hell is actually making these games.

The absolute craziness going around at that time, message board members and youtubers going full mask off absolutely giddy about the prospect of Nintendo going out of business... We might never see something like this again.

To think those people still walk among us... I wonder if they're still secretly upset that Nintendo is still going.
I'm going to be so honest but those people were pure stupidity lmao. Nintendo barely went into the red during the Wii U era. Yes it was shaky grounds cause they were going all in on 1 system but jesus. Nintendo toed the black/red line while keeping their staff. Iwata set them up for a good rebound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The post-match analysis of leakers and gotchas over who was right to doubt/believe rumours does not need hostility. Please treat other members with kindness.

Back
Top Bottom