• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

News Nintendo Direct announced for February 9th

How do you think BotW2 will appear in the Direct?

• Long trailer

Votes: 25 5.4%
  • Short trailer with name reveal

Votes: 106 22.7%
  • Short trailer without name reveal

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Brief appearance/recognition

Votes: 124 26.6%
  • No appearance at all

Votes: 183 39.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Focusing on the first half means they'll focus on the good stuff (Tomodachi, Style Savvy, Swiitch Sports...) and leave the boring stuff for E3 (Metroid Prime HD 🥱, Zelda 😴, Xenoblade 💀)

Man work is gonna be tough these next couple of days.

Need me some Goldeneye.

Bouncing off before leaks and all (Sorry Nate, gonna watch your podcast after the event to see how accurate you were), but Its been too long. Gonna be the first direct in my own place too.

I'll repeat what i said in the speculation thread. 40 minutes is about 10 minutes shorter than 2021's February direct. And about the same length as 2019 and 2018's (36 minutes and 38 minutes)

If this land at around 40-41 minutes it'll be the 2nd longest February direct

I'll repeat what i said in the speculation thread. 40 minutes is about 10 minutes shorter than 2021's February direct. And about the same length as 2019 and 2018's (36 minutes and 38 minutes)

If this land at around 40-41 minutes it'll be the 2nd longest February direct
Yeah. It’s pretty meaningless in the end. It’s all about what they show not the length. 2019 is one of the greatest of all time.

Just think about the reactions when they're gonna spend many of the 40 minutes to show 3-4 Switch.

Brrr.

Just in case: It'll be at 23:00 for us in the CET time zone, 22:00 GMT/UTC and 07:00 on Thursday for those in Japan.

EDIT: Also I think Bayonetta 3 or another mature title will definitely be shown.

Now for the boring part- the wait for the Direct and then the Direct itself.

Only 4 months till the speculation begins anew!!

My dream ports: Xenoblade X and Twilight Princess HD. Fookin' DO IT, Nintendo!

Maybe we'll have a Bayonetta 3 trailer, but I'm not holding my breath.

Time to start hoping Silksong will be there only for it not to be there at all. I am aboard the disappointment train.

If the supposed NVIDIA leak is correct, this could even be a shadowdrop.The greatest shadowdrop of all time, I'd say!

Crazy expectations aside, the game I am actually the most curious to hear about is Outer Wilds. I mean, I know we will eventually get info on the major releases that are on the horizon, and when it comes to most of them I don't even need extra information given I am sure I will buy them. But I am wondering if we are going to have any update on Outer Wilds since it was supposed to come out late last year. A shadowdrop might even be on the cards... who knows.

I should post my Bingo now:
bingoh2jk8.jpg

Please ignore the Geneaolgy typo. Genelogy. Gene... oh dammit.

Ok, how can I try to be productive for the next ~30 hours?

Good luck.gif

I am glad my job includes a lot of time critical tasks where if I don't deliver in time, someone WILL call me and complain, so I'm good. Just glad the radio interview tomorrow is only supervised by me and I don't have to actually talk myself lol

Only downside for this Direct is that it's airing past my bedtime, I go to bed at 22:00, but I'll stay up this time. Don't need no sleep!

Won’t be able to watch it live as I am running a job interview. Going to take all my will power to not have it playing on silent below my computer. Gonna need that direct link posted somewhere so I can have it ready without scrolling past the announcement trailers.

Love that this Nintendo Direct is coming in at 10pm UK time as well, no distractions, only direct!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom