• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News NieR:Automata The End of YorHa Edition coming to Nintendo Switch on October 6 (UPDATE: reviews are out, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nier Automata blew me away in 2017 and nothing else has come close to matching the experience since. I hope everyone who gets to play this for the first time with the Switch port gets as much from it as I did.

KH cloud version but Nier native!? Square babygirl, what are you doing lmao??
Considering Nomura, in a recent interview, essentially bragged about keeping Sora off Smash for so long & his comments on KH on Switch—both that we needed KH3 & KH collection couldn’t run on the machine. I suspect the man himself had a hand in that decision.

I'm surprised this isn't a full priced game. I was fully expecting to go on a rant after the announcement.

a bit disappointed replicant wasn't announced :/
Yeah, this. It should've been announced here. Perhaps it will take another 2-3 years before we get that on a handheld.

Considering Nomura, in a recent interview, essentially bragged about keeping Sora off Smash for so long & his comments on KH on Switch—both that we needed KH3 & KH collection couldn’t run on the machine. I suspect the man himself had a hand in that decision.
He did what now? Do you have a link?

I love Automata, platinumed it on PS4

But if you have not played this game, give this a chance. This will definitely will find an audcience among the Nintendo crowd.

Edit: 39,99? Hmmmm

Man this Direct had Live A Live, new IPs Harvestella and DQ Treasures and now this slick lookin' port.
Square is killin' it w/ switch support. They see the dollar signs light.

... so its even weirder why Kingdom Hearts didn't get actual ports w/ physical release. Cant win em all I guess!

Very happy to see this is 39.99€!
Uh yeah. that sounds great. i hope the physical version is not more expensive

According to the official site, the porting studio seems to be Virtuos.

hm... FF12, Outer Worlds, Dark Souls... seems fine. Some rough edges here and there, but all of them where playable and fine for the most part as far as i remember.
But only one was a current gen game... i dont know. i hope its fine.

Oh, LA Noire, Bioshock Collection, XCOM 2 Collection.

At least its a studio that clearly has knowledge how the Switch works and a lot of experience in porting games by different studios to it.

I'm surprised this isn't a full priced game. I was fully expecting to go on a rant after the announcement.

Yeah, this. It should've been announced here. Perhaps it will take another 2-3 years before we get that on a handheld.

He did what now? Do you have a link?
So I went and found the exact quote and I’ll say that it was different then what it was initially reported as. That’s my b.
"Obviously, I was very happy that we were able to have Sora make an appearance in Smash Bros. Ultimate. Most of the feedback when Sora was [announced] for Smash Bros. Ultimate was, ‘I can’t believe Disney okayed for him to be in this game.’ Behind the scenes, I was actually the one being very picky about his appearance in Smash Bros. Disney was the one that was like, ‘Go ahead! This is a great opportunity.’ I thought it would be tough to pull off because it might clash with the established lore in Kingdom Hearts and the Disney worlds, so it was an opportunity I had to consider very carefully. After seeing how happy everybody was in welcoming Sora to Smash Bros., I feel like the end result was really great."
However, overall it wouldn’t surprise me if they were really picky about how the games were presented on the Switch. Though the cloud ports aren’t any better then what a native ones would have been.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I don't want to look this up in case of potential spoilers, but what does The end of YorHa edition mean?

Not stupid at all. Nothing really changes in terms of story, mostly performance, but includes of all the DLC and cosmetics. If anything fixed screen tearing on my steam copy.

Watching the trailer having completed the game was interesting

HUGE SPOILERS AHEAD

everything the narrator said was a lie lol

I'm going to wait for reviews to verify the performance on this but I'm deeply amused that I have this and P5 Royal still sitting in shrinkwrap for when I eventually get a PS5. Replicant and FF7R as well

And I would 110% expect that Replicant is coming next year assuming this doesn't absolutely bomb.

£35 on the eShop so potentially £30 from retail is a steal. After hearing such good things about this game over the years I have no reason not to check it out day one at that price.

Watching the trailer having completed the game was interesting

HUGE SPOILERS AHEAD

everything the narrator said was a lie lol

curiosity-attention.gif

Not stupid at all. Nothing really changes in terms of story, mostly performance, but includes of all the DLC and cosmetics. If anything fixed screen tearing on my steam copy.
Thanks! I look forward to playing this when it comes out.

$40 is a very reasonable price. I want to wait til reviews come in to make sure there are no major performance issues, but I'll probably be getting it.

I played this game a while back on Xbox and loved it, in spite of not usually liking action rpg's.

I did the first you-know-what and would love to do the other you-know-whats too.

Didn't think I'd ever get the chance to try this game! 2B has become a near instantly iconic character in modern gaming history, and the game has such a unique style. I will definitely be getting my copy in the future now that I can and get to finally experience it all for myself.

Seriously @Raccoon, as a weeb who slept on Nier for years because he thought it was just another AAA cinematic action game:

fucking play Nier Automata.
And if you're totally unaware of the game, don't skimp on new game plus. Trust me.

I'm weeb enough to watch god damned Documental

I google imaged this and..... Well....

There is a very very serious kinda spooky looking man holding somebodies smiling face, and then this:
MV5BOWI0ZTU3M2QtMjU2Ni00OWI4LWIwM2MtZWExNjgyYzQ0NmFhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzg5MzIyOA@@._V1_.jpg

You win Racoon. You are king of the weebs.

I'm uh..... I'm just going to play some neir. Over there.....

Super excited for this!

Automata is a game that always piqued my interest, but I don't own a PS4 or an Xbox One and my laptop can't handle it.
I'm a big fan of Platinum's works and everything I've seen of it looks awesome, so this is shooting straight to near the top of my Most Wanted list. Will try my best to go in unspoiled.

With this announcement I am pretty much set for the rest of the year in terms of Switch content. Heck, I will probably end up shelving F.I.S.T. Forged in Shadow Torch for 2023 as I'll be too busy with Monster Hunter Sunbreak/Xenoblade 3/Splatoon 3/Nier/rest of Zombie Army 4.

According to the official site, the porting studio seems to be Virtuos.

Good find!
Virtuos have a decent track record. Dark Souls, Starlink, and the Bioshock Collection were all solid, and Dying Light is one of the most impressive ports on the system.

Nice to see them still in business of bringing us Switch owners the goods. I was wondering recently whether a lot of the longtime porting houses were still gonna be porting to Switch. I know Feral is converting Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light/Temple of Osiris and Saber is doing Kingdom Come Deliverance, but hadn't heard from the others in a while.

Last edited:
Welp

In celebration of this port's reveal this morning, I've now spent pretty much the whole day blasting the Automata OST.

Which is something I haven't done in..
uh...
like maybe a week or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom