• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News NieR:Automata The End of YorHa Edition coming to Nintendo Switch on October 6 (UPDATE: reviews are out, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I made the mistake of scrolling through the replies to NoA's tweet. PSA: don't. Thank me later!
YES

This game is heavy on the narrative and plot points so for anyone that is new to this game: Stay Away from Tweet Threads, there WILL be Spoilers!

Let's go! I am super excited for this one.

I have always wanted to play it and will be avoiding spoilers like the plague. Wish me luck!

On another note, this port looks really good from what I can see. It doesn't seem to be suffering too much from the typical "PS4 Port," problems.

I'm almost tempted into maybe picking it up, but I'm not too sure really.

If it manages to run at a locked 30fps looking as good as it does in that clip I'll be happy. Nier Automata is easily one of my favorite games of the past couple years. Hopefully it sells well enough to bring Replicant over too.

I'm still shook by Nier, Persona 5, and Bayonetta 3 all in the same month. Absolutely insane.

Footage look real good, I might just give it another chance.

If it manages to run at a locked 30fps looking as good as it does in that clip I'll be happy. Nier Automata is easily one of my favorite games of the past couple years. Hopefully it sells well enough to bring Replicant over too.

I'm still shook by Nier, Persona 5, and Bayonetta 3 all in the same month. Absolutely insane.

October is a crazy month, adding in Mario + Rabbids 2, No Mans Sky, Overwatch 2, New Tales of the Borderlands and you've got a half decent month ;P

This was probably the port out of nowhere this year for me. I wasn’t expecting to ever see it on Switch. Haven’t played it before but the story sounds cool to me, will probably pick it up.

I managed to avoid the spoilers eventhough I was super interested in this game's story, I guess I was convinced it would get ported some day.
I'm glad it wasn't stupid to wait !

Anime character speaking american english

iu

I turned on the weeb language and never got back.

This disrespect for Kira Buckland will not stand.

I'm super interested in how this'll end up performing on Switch (sales wise, but even more so in terms of how it'll run on the hardware).
Wish it would release in September already!

I hope there is some direct-feed gameplay soon. The footage in these little trailers looks great but the cuts are so quick. I'd like to see just some wandering around the open areas.

Looking good so far, Virtuos do good work most of the time. I do always wonder if they have the same teams handling Switch ports, as they have teams all over the world. Would be nice to know which teams did which ports. Also Virtuos did some support work on Astral Chain, I wonder if those folks are involved, and of course are Platinum involved at all, even as supervision, as we know they're much more careful about farming out ports after Bayo 1 PS3.

Okay, RPGsite has some pretty high praise for the port:

Docked resolution isn’t noticeably lower compared to a base PlayStation 4, and while the framerate sees dips here and there - by and large the game maintains a steady performance profile. Textures, character models and lighting/shadows all hold up remarkably well, to the point where it really can’t be said that anyone that would have their first experience with the game on Switch would be missing out on much compared to one of its releases on more powerful platforms.

Frankly, I hadn’t paid much attention to this port out of an assumption it would be a significantly compromised version of the game - instead, it seems clear that what might just end up being the most technically impressive Switch port may have nearly slipped under everyone’s noses. If you haven’t had a chance to play NieR Automata, and you only play RPGs on Switch, do yourself a favor - and keep your eye on this port. Assuming the rest of the experience matches up with what I’ve played, you more than owe it to yourself to give it your time.

They also mentioned in a now deleted twitter post that the game is in fact targeting 60FPS and doubled down on it, which they also deleted lol.

No matter, it's shaping up to be a pretty impressive port - which is great to hear!

Square Enix keeps delivering the goods on Switch!

(Seriously, what's up with Bandai Namco though, they can't even make the Tales of Symphonia port run right).

That’s great about the port! If you haven’t played it, do it.

I played (and platinumed lol) the game on PS4, but if you like weirdness, feels, fast paced combat and beautiful (yet haunting) music, you need to play this.

That’s really promising! I’m still holding out for the DF analysis just to be sure but I’m pretty sure I’m picking this up.

They also mentioned in a now deleted twitter post that the game is in fact targeting 60FPS and doubled down on it, which they also deleted lol.

No matter, it's shaping up to be a pretty impressive port - which is great to hear!

Great. Day 1 for me

"Targeting 60FPS" raises a lot of red flags for me, if true, because that would likely mean an unlocked framerate anywhere between 30 and 60, and going by what the PS4 pulled off (mostly 45-50ish fps), also more than likely wouldn't make for a great experience in terms of stability.

"Targeting 60FPS" raises a lot of red flags for me, if true, because that would likely mean an unlocked framerate anywhere between 30 and 60, and going by what the PS4 pulled off (mostly 45-50ish fps), also more than likely wouldn't make for a great experience in terms of stability.

That's the par with platinum games for most games :p

But if it actually is targeting 60FPS and it's not false (which it might very well be since they did delete it) this quote from the article is still promising:

Docked resolution isn’t noticeably lower compared to a base PlayStation 4, and while the framerate sees dips here and there - by and large the game maintains a steady performance profile.

Docked resolution isn’t noticeably lower compared to a base PlayStation 4
This is a bit confusing to me -- on PS4 it was rendering a 900p image. I thought Switch's target resolutions were, as per Square-Enix, 720p and 1080p respectively. 🤔 Switch should look sharper then, actually!

Maybe I'm reading their statement wrong?

This is a bit confusing to me -- on PS4 it was rendering a 900p image. I thought Switch's target resolutions were, as per Square-Enix, 720p and 1080p respectively. 🤔 Switch should look sharper then, actually!

Maybe I'm reading their statement wrong?

No I agree, it's very confusing.
I guess we'll gett more reports from TGS at some point which could shed more light

Saying they’re targeting 60 FPS contradicts what they were saying in the summer, so that’s probably why they redacted the tweet

Got to try NieR: Automata on the Nintendo Switch yesterday and... it has motion controls! You can evade, but also do light & heavy attacks with it. WII SPIRIT WILL LIVE FOREVER!

More details here:

Even though I finished the game in Steam, I’m going to get it again for Switch, especially now that it’s on Switch.

When seeing a game in motion sometimes we can't differ 30 from 60 - I think that was the case, I thought we had confirmation that the game was 30 on Switch?

Also the game is supposed to actually have higher resolution than PS4 had(1080p on Switch per Square ENIX).

They keep serving!!

Got to try NieR: Automata on the Nintendo Switch yesterday and... it has motion controls! You can evade, but also do light & heavy attacks with it. WII SPIRIT WILL LIVE FOREVER!

More details here:

JESUS I KEEP GETTING MORE AND MORE SURPRISED WITH IT!!!

Square/Platinum really got to the enhanced port route instead of the downport one. Switch version looks like the definitive one seeing exclusive content and now motion controls too. I'm so happy, wish more companies would do this(cough cough SMT V and TMS #FE content on P5R Atlus please)

Edit: just read the article, very good, congrats!!

Also the game is supposed to actually have higher resolution than PS4 had(1080p on Switch per Square ENIX).

They keep serving!!
If this turns out to be the case, I shall do a lol

The Switch continues to punch above its weight, good lord.

If this turns out to be the case, I shall do a lol

The Switch continues to punch above its weight, good lord.
It's a capable system with the right devs and porting crafted to the system instead of a rush job.

But hey, I am sure when the Atari Collection releases, we will still get the same usual voices ask if it runs well on Switch.

But hey, I am sure when the Atari Collection releases, we will still get the same usual voices ask if it runs well on Switch.
Sad because it's true.

More details here:

Developers adding motion controls to Switch ports warms my heart so much.

I’ll be picking this game up for the first time experience on switch. I’m glad they are making these ports (even if they are late), otherwise I would never get to play them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom