• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour New Switch model for Q4 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProteusRidley

Famiboards one and only Lost Kingdoms simp
Not sure if its been noted yet or not but a 4chan post guessed the entire pokemon presents to a T, and noted at the bottom a new switch model will releases Winter 2023.

rdt_20230227_12215886h8dly.jpg

Sorry if it's been posted/debunked.

I saw that as well, that I can tell as of now it has not been debunked. I am for sure interested of course.

Edit: it has not been confirmed either.

Last edited:
At most, I can believe that they had access to presentation materials and then sprinkled in that last line for shits and giggles

It could very well be someone had access to the Presents video last Friday and added that last bit in. I wouldn't put it past someone to do that.

Considering it's a machine translated translation and how much crap this stupid new hardware has gone through regarding rumours, I'm choosing not to give a shit about any of the hardware rumours.

It'll arrive when it arrives.

s-l1600.jpg

> be me
> marketing intern
> pleasegod.png
> see the new pokemon direct a few days early
> still pissed about four years of switch pro rumors
> decide to troll back
> post on /v/ pretending to be a programmer working on new graphics for switch pro
> mfw

It's been discussed a little in other threads, but there's basically no way that a programmer could go through the exact contents of the presentation in a short post like that and barely anything else by pure chance.

It's someone who had access to marketing material and added a little bit of BS at the end for internet clout.

This sort of stuff happened a lot with Smash Bros rumors and speculation, and about Directs in the past.

Insider has access to information, and then slips in their own thing so you can pay attention to them.

I would say track records matter more than this, it's happened a lot before where people have slipped in their own predictions or fake leaks with real information. I get the fun and exciting thing to do is #believe but having seen this happen before, I'm on alert and don't think anything of it.

The fact that Pokemon Presents are not livestreamed but just premiered via "YouTube premiere function" makes this leak a lot less credible since this video was already uploaded on YouTube who knows when.

s-l1600.jpg

> be me
> marketing intern
> pleasegod.png
> decide to troll back
> post on /v/ pretending to be a programmer working on new graphics for switch pro
> mfw
Mr intern, I get you wanna troll people with a tease of Switch pro but why the hell do you go even further by teasing a special appearance Tera PokΓ©mon? That's just mean.

s-l1600.jpg

> be me
> marketing intern
> pleasegod.png
> decide to troll back
> mfw
I hate to break it to you, but this text is decidedly not green.

Other than that, I commend you.

If it was that easy to see this Pokemon presents earlier, why aren't the announcements spread around before the event online?

Because anyone stupid enough to do it is putting themselves in serious legal hot water unless they're incredibly lucky.

I don't know why you're that skeptical, entire directs had leaked before a couple of times like this on reddit a little in advance.

The dead give away that it's fake is that as if GF would work on visually enhance anything.

Because anyone stupid enough to do it is putting themselves in serious legal hot water unless they're incredibly lucky.

I don't know why you're that skeptical, entire directs had leaked before a couple of times like this on reddit a little in advance.
Directs are live streams and Lukas said the fact that the presents was a premiere makes it less credible.

So how does it make it less credible, if not everyone has access to the information? I still don't get how a youtube upload and not a livestream makes it less credible
a youtube upload is already out and can theoretically be accessed by youtube

a livestream should, also in theory, not be stored anywhere outside the company or an immediate contractor

Obviously this poster has very little credibility

But new Switch models SHOULD be coming later this year, they’re due and Nintendo would be fools not to update the hardware this year (all imho of course)

FYI, it's saying that the graphics update is coming alongside DLC2, not the "new Switch models".

a youtube upload is already out and can theoretically be accessed by youtube

a livestream should, also in theory, not be stored anywhere outside the company or an immediate contractor
Again that raises the question why haven't all the other Pokemon presents had their contents spoilt before the event started, because YouTube can already access it.
I am still really confused

So how does it make it less credible, if not everyone has access to the information? I still don't get how a youtube upload and not a livestream makes it less credible
Because we've seen couple of times how people like Snitch never leaked any Nintendo announcements and that's because Nintendo never uploads their trailers into YouTube in advance, they are uploaded after the presentation. The Pokemon Presents video was uploaded into YouTube in advance it was then just "streamed" via YouTube premiere. Not saying that this guy couldn't just see Presents earlier because he works for TPC or something but this could be just someone who has more access to YouTube videos. If Presents were just streamed normally like any other Presentation it makes things a lot harder.

Again that raises the question why haven't all the other Pokemon presents had their contents spoilt before the event started, because YouTube can already access it.
Because most people don't have access to youtubes back end.

Also lets be real, there was nothing else in that presents that the average person risking their job or access to youtube's back end would want to leak anyway.

it's a matter of security

it's not like it's doomed to leak as a premiere, it's just significantly less secure

it just corroborates the apparent conclusion that this leak was of the presents specifically

Because we've seen couple of times how people like Snitch never leaked any Nintendo announcements and that's because Nintendo never uploads their trailer into YouTube in advance, they are uploaded after the presentation. The Pokemon Presents video was uploaded into YouTube in advance it was then just "streamed" via YouTube premiere. Not saying that this guy couldn't just see Presents earlier because he works for TPC or something but this could be just someone who has more access to YouTube videos. If Presents were just streamed normally like any other Presentation it makes things a lot harder.
So you are saying it could be a youtube employee instead?

even if this is somehow completely real and accurate, it tells us nothing about the β€œnew Nintendo Switch Models” or their release dates

reread the last sentence β€” I think the β€œrelease” is talking about when the enhancement patch is targeted for, which could be released significantly before (or significantly after) something that can use that is out.

granted it would make sense for a patch to only include features for something that is at least announced, but eh

that’s if this isn’t just BS, which is very possible

Could or couldn't be. These things are always hard to say because it's not a pattern that "it was a YouTube Premiere it needs to always leak", don't remember any other Presents leaked and they were by YouTube Premiere too.
I think the 2021 Pokemon day Presents leaked, with Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, with Pokemon Legends Arceus announcements

I think the 2021 Pokemon day Presents leaked, with Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, with Pokemon Legends Arceus announcements
Yeah, that's true. I remember Arceus leaked but that was via some presentation material that even showed things that were not in the trailer.

So you are saying it could be a youtube employee instead?
At the end of the day we don't know, we've had a history of leakers with access to youtube's back end making leaks. There's no way for us to know if the leakers story of how they got their info is real or not, nor is there any way to know if the info about Switch 2 and a graphics patch is real or some.

If you wanna sniff test it, the whole bit about the leaker not knowing English as a first language and needing to google translate their leak onto 4chan is stinky. Why not just post the leak in your own language on an internet board in your language. Again crazier things have happened (Sora infamously leaked in Smash because Nintendo called Disney music licensing asking about licensing kh music), but as always take these rumors with a grain of salt. As we saw with the json leak and the original gba emulator leak, just because something feels obvious and inevitable doesn't mean it's coming anytime soon.

Check this out

"We are working on a graphics enhancement patch that will be released alongside DLC2."

Read that

Now read this, which is the same thing, with some additional clarification

"We are working on a graphics enhancement patch (for the new Nintendo Switch models) that will be released alongside DLC2."

That's what we're looking at here

The leak also speak about a new unconfirmed terastal form, probably for the legendaries

It's weird that a programmer would choose to reveam exactly the information shown in the PokΓ©mon Presents, nothing more, nothing less. This is much more likely to be someone else who only had access to the trailer, which then obviously makes the rest of the story less believable.

It's weird that a programmer would choose to reveam exactly the information shown in the PokΓ©mon Presents, nothing more, nothing less. This is much more likely to be someone else who only had access to the trailer, which then obviously makes the rest of the story less believable.
The leak speak about new terastal form that is not present on the direct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom