• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Most wanted Gamecube remasters

20907-phantasy-star-online-episode-i-ii-gamecube-front-cover.jpg

Last edited:
Obviously Metroid Prime 1&2 and Zeldas are going to be common popular answers (and I'm vehemently enthusiastic about Metroid) but here's one you might not see as commonly:
The Twin Snakes
Yes I legitimately want it.
qAZMJwYm.jpg

I never actually played the Star Fox games for Gamecube, so it would be neat to give one of those a shot. I don't know which one is better though. What do y'all think? If just one could come to Switch, which one should it be? My interest leans toward Assault since I like the classic Starfox gameplay but who knows maybe it sucks. Are either of them even worth it?

Let me try...

Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
F-ZERO GX
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2
Killer 7
P.N.03
Metal Gear Solid: Twins Snakes
Tales of Symphonia
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean
Wave Race: Blue Storm
Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

Posted this on InstallBase regarding reamakes or remasters on Switch:

I agree that the Oracle games would sell good on Switch, maybe even expand the conection at the end of the games.

Also, as somebody who competes in Melee tournaments since 2006, I would love a SSBM remaster but probably on the next console that does not have 6 frames of delay. With this, we could have Melee tournaments on HD TVs.

I always wanted to play Four Swords, so that.

Edit - Nvm, misunderstood how the game worked on GCN

I'm leaving the image at it's original size so the Nintendo employee lurkers know how important it is.

THIS IS AT THE TOP OF MY WISHLIST
Star_Fox_Adventures_box_art.jpg

Obviously Metroid Prime 1&2 and Zeldas are going to be common popular answers (and I'm vehemently enthusiastic about Metroid) but here's one you might not see as commonly:
The Twin Snakes
Yes I legitimately want it.
qAZMJwYm.jpg

I never actually played the Star Fox games for Gamecube, so it would be neat to give one of those a shot. I don't know which one is better though. What do y'all think? If just one could come to Switch, which one should it be? My interest leans toward Assault since I like the classic Starfox gameplay but who knows maybe it sucks. Are either of them even worth it?
Star Fox Adventures is one of the most fun gaming experiences I've ever had. It's both for me the best Star Fox game and a very good Zelda game.

I mean, considering the cost of some Gamecube games (which are insanely overpriced imo), as many as possible? Cubivore, Chibi-robo, Fire Emblem, right off of the top of my head. Definitely the RPG series that were on the system as well. I'd literally cry if they re-released a Thousand Year Door.

The Baten Kaitos duology. Monolith Soft has vastly improved their UI design since the game's release which would make a hypothetical remaster the guaranteed way to play.

I was coming in here to make sure some smaller titles were mentioned, such as GiFTPiA, Kururin Squash, Cubivore, Odama, Doshin the Giant, Geist, and such, or even also the likes of Billy Hatcher and Killer7 but I'm not at all surprised things are pretty well covered.

Except Geist. I didn't see Geist mentioned.

So I might as well give the real answer, which is, basically, anything that could make any sense. There's an incredible assortment of games tied to that system, and it's a shame to leave them to languish. But I also, in general, am for maintaining the availablity of these things, rather than tossing them aside.

This is where it's at:
I’m really into system library preservation and accessibility so I want all of them tbh.
All of them. Not joking, every major Gamecube and Wii game should be put on the Switch, much like what they did with the Wii U.

I'd also go for creating packages where it makes sense, to include more value and to ensure smaller parts of the history, which perhaps might not stand a chance on their own, could live on.

For instance, a Chibi-Robo! release which includes the games in the series to this point but which centers the original type of gameplay (there could be some smaller experiments, too, since they wouldnt need to stand on their own). The issues with Skip aside, I do think this could find an audience these days.

Baten Kaitos, whether as its current duology or with a new game as well. These are both gorgeous and brilliant.

Viewtiful Joe, including the side-content such as Red Hot Rumble. Even better if that final game were to materialize.

Lost Kingdoms could be revived in this way.

Path or Radiance along with Radiant Dawn.

That nigh inevitable Twilight Princess could include Link's Crossbow Training, even. Wind Waker could bring along its related installments, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. The Four Swords titles, perhaps with the vaguely-related Triforce Heroes.

2) StarFox Adventures + Assault. Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I believe these games need full on remakes instead of remasters. Both are so undercooked in comparison to what they could've been. But I'd at least take remasters that tried to restore the missing content/incomplete aspects AND perhaps with new dub tracks made with StarFox's current cast.
I've given some thought to those in the past and, while I stand by wanting the original versions to be available, there could really be something special with a new take.

The question with something like Adventures in in whether to lean more toward the arcade nature, closer to the series' roots, or to more strongly fill in that Classic 3D Zelda sphere, or, how best to balance the two elements.

It's also an odd-one-out that complicates the idea of creating a reimagining of the series as a package, wherein themes and character arcs would be fleshed out and made coherent, though that probably never would have happened anyway.

To people who are not listing Eternal Darkness, is that you haven't played the game? It is one of the system's best and am surprised it is not getting more mentions. I know if did not sell very well, but assumed more people on a dedicated Nintendo forum would have played it.
It’s one of the few horror games I enjoyed but I have no desire to play it again, especially in its current form. I also think it deserves more than a remaster, and that doesn’t seem like something Nintendo would be interested in.
There are different ways Eternal Darkness could do with an update, though there'd also be something of interest within some of those elements that might not actually make sense these days (some of the sanity effects, particularly)

I agree that the Oracle games would sell good on Switch, maybe even expand the conection at the end of the games.
Given they were initially meant to be three games, it might be neat to see that third materialize as well.

If this opens somewhat to games from off the GameCube, I would note that WarioLand is begging for a collection and a new game.

I'm leaving the image at it's original size so the Nintendo employee lurkers know how important it is.

THIS IS AT THE TOP OF MY WISHLIST
Star_Fox_Adventures_box_art.jpg
They should do it and finally give General Scales a boss fight.

Include Star Fox 64 3D as well as a bonus.

Back
Top Bottom