• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Most wanted Gamecube remasters

Very interested in visiting Lost Kingdoms, never played these games but they look so appealing. And I want both Baten Kaitos-games. As a EU citizen never got to play Origins and I'm still pissed off by that haha!

Last edited:
All of them. Not joking, every major Gamecube and Wii game should be put on the Switch, much like what they did with the Wii U.
This, but if we have to get into specifics (in no particular order):
  • LM1 (based off of GCN version not 3DS)
  • Paper Mario TTYD (provided aesthetics are untouched)
  • Both Pikmin games
  • Both Shadow Pokemon games (Colosseum and XD)
  • Bomberman Jetters (for the 3rd party side)

This, but if we have to get into specifics (in no particular order):
  • LM1 (based off of GCN version not 3DS)
  • Paper Mario TTYD (provided aesthetics are untouched)
  • Both Pikmin games
  • Both Shadow Pokemon games (Colosseum and XD)
  • Bomberman Jetters
Yup. Plus both the Gamecube Zelda games, both Gamecube Metroid games, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance, F-Zero GX, Mario Kart Double Dash, Melee (yes, just rip the band aid off and do it already), Wave Race, Battalion Wars, Eternal Darkness...

On top of that, third party shit. The RE games are already on Switch, but what about Viewtiful Joe? Tales of Symphonia? Killer7? The Twin Snakes? The Prince of Persia trilogy? Beyond Good and Evil? Get all of that on Switch (and other systems too, while you are at it).

If they did decide to bring back Melee I wonder how people would feel about the balance being based on the PAL version since that is the latest build and that's often the build they use for all their remasters/remakes.

I just realized in my seeing red posting about GC Mario Party titles I never posted my most wanted remasters.

These are the GC games I want most remastered in why broken into categories.

The games that with modernized controls and/or online play could be massive

Star Fox Assault
Kirby's Air Ride
Zelda Four Swords Adventure

This game is too awesome to be trapped on the GC

Paper Mario TTYD
Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2-3

We're probably not getting a sequel so lets give the IP another chance to shine

Eternal Darkness Sanity's Requiem
F-Zero GX
Custom Robo

Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD for me by far.

After that I'd love a Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance remaster.

And, of course, Custom Robo.

If ports count throw Skies of Arcadia: Legends on the pile.

1- Chibi-Robo! Time to bring back this niche classic. One of the best (the best ?) Love-De-Lic legacy game. Fantastic (sometimes a bit spooky) ambiance, great characters, super fun Toy Story-inspired setting, and super fun gameplay loop that is some kind of action-platformer-adventure game (adventure game as in classic adventure game, point and click style)

2- Wario World. An often overlooked game from Treasure's library. Once again a very weird game, with full on weird ass character design. The platforming puzzles are some of the most insane looking ones you'll see in a 3D platformer. Hundreds of spikes around, a bunch of flying blocks, and a gem to get in that maze-madness. Beyond that, a super fun combat system based on wrestling.

3- Odama. Mainly because I never played it and I regret not buying it back then. I was spooked by the cover art, with the human-faced spider... The game is unique, niche, and looks super fun... It needs to get a second life !!

4- F-Zero GX. Mainly to bring F-Zero back with a known quality. Not my favorite one (My favorite ones are X and GP Legend) but still a classic. Can't bring it back as is though imo. Needs a new difficulty balance (at least for the story mode), and the AX content unlocled from the get go, or easily unlockable. Hopefully the addition of a Death Race mode too.

5- Kirby Air Ride. Another weird game. What makes this one so good and adictive is the Sakurai's grid system of missions/challenges, that would come back in Smash Brawl, Smash For, and Kid Icarus Uprising. Hundred of challenges to do, unlocking content, vehicles, Kirby's color, etc...

F-Zero GX
Thousand Year Door
Luigi's Mansion
Pikmin 1 & 2
Viewtiful Joe
Beyond Good & Evil (Ubisoft already had an HD port of this and need to put it on Switch)

I'd be pretty content with these and these, alone.

2- Wario World. An often overlooked game from Treasure's library. Once again a very weird game, with full on weird ass character design.
Re-played it during lockdown. That game would need a lot of work. It doesn't control well at all.

I'm kind of a late fan and before the Switch & 3ds I only had a PS2 so basically I missed a lot of the Nintendo backlog

I would like to try the Metroid Prime series as currently I only played some entries with the 2d-style gameplay

I definitely would play the two Zelda games (WW & TP), I only ever played Ocarina & BotW

F-Zero GX, never played this one either but it seems like it was the peak of an iconic franchise

Also interested in Eternal Darkness, I only know it had a sanity meter and some 4th wall breaking stuff and it seemed interesting

Last edited:
Honestly I'm surprised that HAL hasn't done a $20 City Trial eShop game. That's really the only reason why most people want Air Ride, and they sure as hell can't sell it for $60 without getting some bad press around the game.

Honestly I'm surprised that HAL hasn't done a $20 City Trial eShop game. That's really the only reason why most people want Air Ride, and they sure as hell can't sell it for $60 without getting some bad press around the game.
Sell it for $70

Chibi-Robo - My favorite Gamecube game. It really.... goes places lol. Would love to see it with more realistic lighting. And would love to see more people actually discover it without spending whatever ungodly amount it goes for now.

Luigi's Mansion - Shocked? Surprised? LOL. But seriously, the only downside to re-releasing this game is that it's pretty short. Hopefully they pair it with Dark Moon and hell, remake both in the LM3 engine while they're at it. Let them be pretty. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Legacy collection or whatever would be a really smart while-you-wait-for-LM4 release imo.

Pikmin - Kinda the same deal as LM . Game is incredibly short, but it's good. Pair it with 2, remake both in a modern engine. Easy peasy, everyone claps.

Baten Kaitos - Once again I'm asking you to pair this game with its sequel lol. Would love to see the game's backdrops in HD and for the audio to not sound like it's being relayed through a tin can on a string. Really unique fantasy setting in this series.

Star Fox Assault - I think this melodramatic spectacle of a game was pretty much "there" on where Star Fox as a series should have gone, it just really needed more polish and fine-tuning. So I hope if they bring it back they give it all the polishing they can muster. And honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing Adventures brought back too. Feel like it got dumped on way too hard back then. It's a pretty great game actually.

There are plenty more I'd like to see, I've never had the chance to play Giftpia for one, and it really feels like Rogue Squadron 2's memory has been lost to time despite the fact it was the standout launch title for Gamecube, the console in general is full of games that are pretty great in spite of their worst aspects.

But these here are my top 5/9

Unless they aren't making a new Mario Baseball for the Switch; in which case swap out Star Fox or Pikmin for Mario Superstar Baseball Remakester.

1) Viewtiful Joe 1+2. I'd much rather such a thing happen in tandem with Capcom and P* working together to realize Kamiya's dream of a third game for a grand finale, though.

2) StarFox Adventures + Assault. Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I believe these games need full on remakes instead of remasters. Both are so undercooked in comparison to what they could've been. But I'd at least take remasters that tried to restore the missing content/incomplete aspects AND perhaps with new dub tracks made with StarFox's current cast.

3) PSO eps 1, 2, 3. Do I think that Sega would do this? Probably not. They want people to buy into PSONG. Do I think they would probably be rewarded handsomely, if people can relive their memories from the summers of 01-04? Hell yeah, they would~!

Games I’ve played: Metroid Prime 1 & 2, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (Radiant Dawn can stay in the bin)

Games I haven’t: F Zero GX, Eternal Darkness, Chibi Robo

I'm not disagreeing with your issues with 5, and I agree that 6 & 7 are vastly superior to 4 & 5. MP4 has better minigames but worse boards and core mechanics, MP5 had worse minigames but better boards and core mechanics. For me the boards and core mechanics are far more important to a MP's staying power then it's minigames.

I'd personally group the games into these 3 tiers

Down to play anytime/top tier
2, 3, 6, 7, DS, Superstars

Generally willing to play/good tier
4, 5, 8, Island Tour, Star Rush, Super

Get that mess out of my face/bottom tier
1, Advance, 9, 10, Top 100

With 3, 6, and Superstars being my top 3 go to MP games.
I mean outside of 5 (and Island Tour because I never played it) I think we are pretty much in agreement on our Mario Party rankings (especially the top tier), so let’s just agree to disagree on that one. Star Rush appreciators are uncommon!

I mean outside of 5 (and Island Tour because I never played it) I think we are pretty much in agreement on our Mario Party rankings (especially the top tier), so let’s just agree to disagree on that one. Star Rush appreciators are uncommon!
Island Tour and Star Rush are at the bottom of my "willing to play" tier, but they're both still solidly fun to play or watch other people play. I imagine if I played them more I could get sick of them (especially Island Tour), but as a once in a blue moon it's alright.

Nintendo Published Games I never got to play the first time:
Star Fox Adventures
Baten Katios
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
Donkey Konga 3 (and versions of 1&2 with all of the international songs; Japan, the US, and the EU all got different songlists for some reason)
Chibi-Robo
Super Mario Strikers
Baten Kaitos Origins
Giftpa
Eternal Darkness (I guess this one might be complicated because of the people involved who I don't want to give money to)

Third-Party Games I never got to play the first time (would obviously need to be ported by a developer under the publisher who owns the rights):
Simpsons: Road Rage
Beach Spikers
Evolution Worlds
Skies of Arcadia: Legends
Tales of Symphonia? (It's already on PC but the version that got ported was the 30FPS PS2 version and Idk if Namco can port over the Gamecube one)
Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg
Puyo Puyo Fever
Homeland
Phantasy Star Online III: C.A.R.D. Revolution

Games I played at my friends' houses and never got to own myself:
TimeSplitters 2
TimeSplitters: Future Perfect
Simpsons: Hit & Run
Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II
Mario Superstar Baseball

Games I own, bought, and played back in the day but would double dip on because I love them enough:
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Soul Calibur II
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Paper Mario: the Thousand Year Door
Kirby Air Ride (with online)
F-Zero GX (with online)

Anything else would be cool but I wouldn't spend money on as I probably either don't care about it or already own it and am fine going back and playing it on original hardware. Also some of these I probably wouldn't buy if they weren't cheap enough as I could just alternatively buy used copies of the Gamecube versions instead, though some of these I care enough about that I'd spend full price on with QOL and content additions.

If they did decide to bring back Melee I wonder how people would feel about the balance being based on the PAL version since that is the latest build and that's often the build they use for all their remasters/remakes.

European regions switched over to using an NTSC ISO for tournaments a few years ago since the NA scene for Melee is a lot more active, the scene wishes to have a homogeneous ruleset, and the community probably prefers the NTSC balance on average (though you'll get differing opinions based on who you talk to on this, even at the very top level of players). For Dolphin-based netplay it also allows people to play on the same version, which is NTSC 1.02 with UCF and Frozen Pokemon Stadium. So PAL could potentially hurt it.

Regardless of whether NTSC or PAL is used, Melee HD most likely wouldn't be used by the community at this point, outside of maybe some locals for convenience sake. Even if it was just a straight ISO dump with improved resolution and no changes, because original hardware on a CRT would almost certainly have less lag. It also probably wouldn't be used for netplay as I doubt it would be superior to Slippi in terms of netcode and lag. That being said, I'd still buy it as a collector and lover of all things Melee.

Last edited:
STAR FOX ADVENTURES STAR FOX ADVENTURES STAR FOX ADVENTURES STAR FOX ADVENTURES STAR FOX ADVENTURES STAR FOX ADVENTURES STAR FOX ADVENTURES STAR FOX ADVENTURES STAR FOX ADVENTURES STAR FOX ADVENTURES STAR FOX ADVENTURES STAR FOX ADVENTURES STAR FOX ADVENTURES STAR FOX ADVENTURES STAR FOX ADVENTURES STAR FOX ADVENTURES STAR FOX ADVENTURES STAR FOX ADVENTURES STAR FOX ADVENTURES STAR FOX ADVENTURES STAR FOX ADVENTURES

Shrek 2 would be cool too

Pikmin 2 - The best Pikmin deserves a third chance.

Luigi’s Mansion - Remind everyone how cool the series was when it had unique ghost designs and an ultra replayable campaign.

Viewtiful Joe - Honestly a crime this game has never been rereleased.

Paper Mario TTYD - The game is better than its fanbase. It deserves to get a wider audience so the 5 of us that played it on original hardware can shut up already.

Four Swords Adventures - This was really cool, and quite different than the GBA games. Basically impossible to play without an official rerelease.

Controllers. I've got a couple of the classics and an adapter but I would do unseemly things for a modernized version that doesn't suck.

All the games should be available, but if we're talking favorites...

If the Zelda ports are 60 FPS, then I'm in. But those are really Wii U ports more at this rate, and I have no strong feelings towards Four Swords Adventure.

You've heard me talk Paper Mario, you know I love Paper Mario. And while PM64 is my favorite, TTYD would be great to have on a modern platform, tooq. This one feels like a quick and dirty HD upscale with better textures. Ideally this would be a double pack with 64, maybe even a triple pack with Super (Paper Mario All-Stars?). I do have a morbid curiosity that wants me to see TTYD in the modern PM art style - standardized designs, arts & crafts aesthetic and all.

Speaking of double packs, Pikmin 1 and 2 would be a great one, complete with motion aiming like 3 as an option.

Chibi-Robo will never become a super popular franchise, but it deserves a second chance anyway.

I'm not that fond of Pokemon Cosseum and Pokemon XD - they're novel and I like them, but they're not my favorite Pokémon games. Almost feel like they're liked more for being "unique" than for being truly great games, but that's a different discussion for a different day. Still, they would make a lot of people happy.

The rest of the big games (barring Melee) would be me rediscovering the library, which would be cool.

If I pretend like Mario was a guest fighter in Def Jam Fight for NY, similar to Link in Soulcalibur II, can it count as first party? Because I'd pay higher than ebay prices for the original to have a remake easily accessible on Switch everytime I feel like headbutting Henry Rollins and suplexing Snoop.

Bomberman Generation for me. I think it's the best 3D Bomberman ever was in terms of both gameplay and visuals, and was very feature-packed with its singleplayer as well as a lot of classic 2D modes and a monster catching minigame. Unfortunately it very much seems forgotten to time. I don't think I've ever seen anybody but me mention it lol. Maybe other people just didn't like it as much. I thought it was good at least!

Star Fox Adventures/Assault - either works for me, and both could use some reworking to smooth out some control and voice issues. Online MP for Assault and maybe restoring some of the dual protagonist stuff in Adventures (if possible) would be sweet.

F-Zero GX - add an easier difficulty mode so more people could actually complete the game, add online multiplayer, and maybe an optional remix of X’s score.

Chibi-Robo - I’ve never played it but I hear the first game is super charming. Sadly it’s very expensive on the reseller market, so it’d be nice to play a legit copy without breaking the bank.

Don't really need them to be remastered, just want them to be accessible to purchase on their current system, most wanted would probably be Path of Radiance (that is a game I can't really think of anything that could substantially improve it either way) or the Baten Kaitos games, but I'm fine with any of them, just want another way to play them in their most original form as possible besides a PC whenever my discs and gamecube decide to give up.

From third party most wanted would be Tales of Symphonia, because the PC/Chronicles version is kind of bad. Also the Viewtiful Joe games (and the DS one).

I want a Gamecube virtual console is what I'm trying to say.

Ideally I’d want all of them to be available via GCN NSO, and most games would be perfectly fine just emulated like that rather than completely remastered, even some of the games I want most like Kirby Air Ride. So when it comes to remasters, I’d probably reserve that for the games that really need it, perhaps due to parts of the game not being able to be emulated properly. For example, what’s Nintendo going to do about the games that utilized the GCN-GBA link cable?

But in terms of what I’d want most, whether they’re remastered or just emulated, my top five (including third-party games) would be:
  1. Kirby Air Ride
  2. Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
  3. Sonic Heroes
  4. Shadow the Hedgehog
  5. Sonic Adventure DX: Director’s Cut
  6. The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
  7. Animal Crossing
  8. Pokémon Colosseum
  9. Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness
  10. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Not including stuff that’s already been remastered or rereleased on later Nintendo consoles like The Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, etc.

Last edited:
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat. I think Switch owners might be more open towards buying a Bongo peripheral than GameCube owners. It's a classic game that deserves to not only be played but played properly.

I also think it would be cool if other Kongs we're playable like Diddy and Funky, and maybe add an extra world where we can beat the crap out of Kremlings.

Does Nintendo actually own the IP rights to Cubivore, or was that just an odd publishing situation? I know Atlus published it stateside. Either way, Cubivore.
All of them. Not joking, every major Gamecube and Wii game should be put on the Switch, much like what they did with the Wii U.
Also this. I want them to go down the list and bring over everything that makes even the tiniest bit of sense, eventually.

can I get uhhhh

• Kirby’s Air Ride
• Wind Waker HD but just on the Switch
• Ton Hawkly’s Pro Skatrat: Gaiden Trilogy
• Paper Mario Thous Dooryear (I have no nostalgia for it but I’ve never played it and want to out of curiosity)
• Metroid Prime HD
• Metroid Prime Echoes HD
• Wario World apparently? never played but y’know

I love the cube, what can I say?

I’m really truly satisfied with how Super Mario Sunshine HD is and want that treatment for most of those games, in my dreams…

oh and Starfox Assault

not a joke

When I think GameCube, Resident Evil 4 jumps in mind… we already got the port but with the remake in the making and a more powerful Switch on the horizon…

Metroid Prime
F-Zero GX
Eternal Darkness
Thousand Year Door
1080 Avalanche
Waverace Blue Storm
TP/WW
Metroid Prime 2
Starfox Adventures

In that order please. Retcon everything else.

Like everyone else, I want Paper Mario 2, Fire Emblem, F-Zero GX, etc.

I also really want Skies of Arcadia Legends (but with the better quality Dreamcast music).

And I'd love to see some of the weird/black sheep games like Odama, PN03, Lost Kingdoms, and the Phantasy Star Online game with the cards lol

Metroid Prime
F-Zero GX
Eternal Darkness
Thousand Year Door
1080 Avalanche
Waverace Blue Storm
TP/WW
Metroid Prime 2
Starfox Adventures

In that order please. Retcon everything else.
would metroid prime 2 still be called metroid prime 2 or would it just be metroid prime

I'm not a huge Paper Mario fan, but would still play The Thousand Year Door if it got a new release. I'd also like to play the Star Fox games and Wario World. Out of third parties I would love to play Viewtiful Joe.

can I get uhhhh

• Kirby’s Air Ride
• Wind Waker HD but just on the Switch
• Ton Hawkly’s Pro Skatrat: Gaiden Trilogy
• Paper Mario Thous Dooryear (I have no nostalgia for it but I’ve never played it and want to out of curiosity)
• Metroid Prime HD
• Metroid Prime Echoes HD
• Wario World apparently? never played but y’know

I love the cube, what can I say?

I’m really truly satisfied with how Super Mario Sunshine HD is and want that treatment for most of those games, in my dreams…

My only complaint with Super Mario Sunshine HD is that they didn't fix the blue coins. It could have been done easily with something like a simple counter for each mission.

Viewtiful Joe - just a straight port would be fine, but if they could ai upscale the backgrounds it would be great;
Skies of Arcadia - please for the love of god add a 2x speed (or even more) toggle for battles;
Killer7 director's cut - Suda wants to make it;
Thousand Year Door - so i can finally play without going bankrupt;

none of the above will happen

I hope these remasters aren’t just what they did to Sunshine. It worked in the context of 3D All-Stars, but it would’ve been crucified had it released as a standalone $60 title in its current state.

I hope these remasters aren’t just what they did to Sunshine. It worked in the context of 3D All-Stars, but it would’ve been crucified had it released as a standalone $60 title in its current state.

Suppose it depends on the price point. They could be like Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD. Sure sounds like Metroid Prime will be a bigger effort than those 2 even as well.

Suppose it depends on the price point. They could be like Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD. Sure sounds like Metroid Prime will be a bigger effort than those 2 even as well.
I’m assuming they will be, just sorta responding to the thread topic as a whole.

Back
Top Bottom