• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Monolith Soft Development and Speculation |ST|

It’s probably ILCA like the rumors are suggesting.
Maybe I should have finished the video first, but he posits that ILCA will be the main devs, but will be helmed Hiroyuki Kobuta, who used to be the main guy on the M&L series and now works at Monolith Soft, with a Monolith Soft support team filled with ex Alpha Dream devs, even bringing some in from other Nintendo departments to help.

Maybe I should have finished the video first, but he posits that ILCA will be the main devs, but will be helmed Hiroyuki Kobuta, who used to be the main guy on the M&L series and now works at Monolith Soft, with a Monolith Soft support team filled with ex Alpha Dream devs, even bringing some in from other Nintendo departments to help.
As far as I remember, people only found one person having gone to MS (the director in question). From that, it's easier to believe that MS, as a studio, has nothing to do with this game, and Kobuta is working as director for M&L. Not unlike how one MS employee shown up for Pokemon

Spoiling Luxin's video's ending, but he thinks Monolith Soft is the one work on Mario & Luigi: Brothership because one of the guys working there has major roles on Alpha Dream made games and hasn't made a game in years.

this is/was being discussed extensively over in the first party thread last week btw.

I'm also resisting against calling this a "rumor" because it's speculation based on former AD people working at those various places. Educated speculation but still just that.

Back
Top Bottom