• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Site Event Midwinter Holiday Game Event | December 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t had a chance to review recently sorry, but I’ll check later today. You’re most likely fine.
okay, no worries! take your time, I just wanted to make sure I hadn’t bungled it with the mood lighting

I hope I made it in time before the New Year!

Penguin Protector

tcc16xigtr881.jpg

Extreme Skier

eyy18jvltr881.jpg

hiatmf8ntr881.jpg

Winter Villager

jf7t4ohitr881.jpg

Snow Whirler

yz4gzaihtr881.jpg

Chilly Rider
Rjgzeqs.jpg

Snifberg the Unfeeling
rz5BW3q.jpg

Winter Villager
gShYFag.jpg

I'm done for this month...also I'm reposting the Luigi's Manqion one because the badge wasn't given lel
Making Snowmen was a pure nightmare. This event made me try Wooly's World for the first time and honestly, I like the game a lot so thanks...might finish it since I only got one world left I think ? @Chaotic Neutral

I beat Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze a few weeks ago this month but didn't know this event was happening at the time and don't have proof that I can post.

Am I still eligible for a badge? Don't want to be entered into the raffle. It's fine if not ... I'll remember to post proof during the next site game event :p

Alright everyone, all badges should be up to date but let me know if you aren't and I'll take care of it!

I completed the iron boots and cool cool mountain ones. We love n64 nso, our goty 😎
Can you upload some pictures or screenshots? I can give you your badges once we have those!
I beat Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze a few weeks ago this month but didn't know this event was happening at the time and don't have proof that I can post.

Am I still eligible for a badge? Don't want to be entered into the raffle. It's fine if not ... I'll remember to post proof during the next site game event :p
Sure, just need a screenshot showing you met the criteria and you should be good to go!

Since the event ends in a few hours, i did a proper full playthrough of Ice Climbers to finish things up. (For the Nana Nana Popo badge)
0Qe10so.jpg

anyone else having trouble with the raffle? it says I’m not eligible but I’m all badged up (with an incoming Snifberg if I can pull it off in time!)

sorry to bother y’all again @WestEgg and @Chaotic Neutral — I would like to enter if possible!

I'm still hoping to get one badge in, but for those concerned about the raffle, looks like you have until 1/3 at 1 PM to enter. 🙂

I also finished Tropical Freeze this past weekend. But I’m going to try to get Cool, Cool Mountain & the Ice Cavern done this week, then put them all under one post.
And I’m back!

Finished things off last night with obtaining Zora’s Sapphire, and thought I’d have all day today to get to the Ice Cavern. But I accidentally converted the wrong timezones this morning around 11 & thought I only had until 3 PM ET today to get the boots. I might have a future in Ocarina of Time glitchless speedrunning after this.

61a6babd-63a0-4e4a-86uk4e.jpeg

I tried playing in Funky Mode for the first time for this challenge, and didn’t enjoy it at all. I quickly switched back to DK after the first level and never looked back. I’ve played the game through enough times to not get stumped that often, and the times I do are all a part of the fun in the DKC series. The mode definitely has it’s benefits for other style of players though, and I’m glad accessibility options like that are being included more often!

aa660b32-fd06-4b93-8i5j1m.jpeg

8852b643-947d-4b5c-9q7ji3.jpeg

Although I’m claiming this badge, I won’t be displaying it. Penguin Assailant for life.

98f4587f-fcae-4500-9yrk3o.jpeg

That’s it for me this challenge! I was hoping to do the Ice Face, but I don’t have a full dex in SwSh and really didn’t want to full odds hunt a mon that I’m pretty indifferent about. Kinda bummed that there won’t be another challenge for a while now, these have been fun motivation to revisit some older games with a specific goal.

Thanks for hosting @Chaotic Neutral & @WestEgg !

and Happy New Year! 🎉

Ooh, I thought I had till midnight eastern time but I see I only have 1.5 hours to go! I just need to find this Wii U and external hard drive cable 😄

I'm still hoping to get one badge in, but for those concerned about the raffle, looks like you have until 1/3 at 1 PM to enter. 🙂
yahoo! I’ll try again tomorrow and see if it lets me then

Ooh, I thought I had till midnight eastern time but I see I only have 1.5 hours to go! I just need to find this Wii U and external hard drive cable 😄
Aw, I couldn't find the cable. Snifberg will have to go on Unfeeling. Next time!

Oh no! I nearly forgot to upload again. I had planned to get back to wrap up Ice Climbers today and was holding off, ah well.

I hadn't touched 200cc before and managed to complete it first try! A fun return to the best stage in MK history.

Great excuse to re-open 3D All Stars for some perfect holiday nostalgia :)

I wish Toy Day had more to offer on a return visit.

@WestEgg @Chaotic Neutral - apologies I'm a bit late here! Reviewing the OP I just saw the time zone.

Wish I had time for: Enlightenment Achiever (grabbed deluxe and haven't played it much yet after beating the original), Ice Vellumental (already beat the game so would have been a quick replay), Nana Nana Popo (made it halfway), Shaken Santa (long overdue return to that game!)

Last edited:
the raffle still won’t allow me to enter despite my shiny set of four svelte winter badges. alas!

@WestEgg / @Chaotic Neutral is there any way to be entered into the raffle manually? I was really hoping to be in the running!

the raffle still won’t allow me to enter despite my shiny set of four svelte winter badges. alas!

@WestEgg / @Chaotic Neutral is there any way to be entered into the raffle manually? I was really hoping to be in the running!
I’ll check on this, I’m not sure how the raffle operates personally, but someone else likely can help.

yeah, couldn't finish anything i planned to finish in time kiiii

i just got into jabu-jabu for the oot one

and i planned to do the xenoblade one but i rage quit

kiiii just gonna keep playing oot

I think I've updated everyone so that they can enter the raffle now. Let me know if you've earned a badge but are unable to enter. It shouldn't happen again in the future.

Sorry for all the delays in awarding badges and the hiccups in the raffle. I unfortunately had to take leave over the holidays for personal reasons, but am back today. The raffle is open for another two or three hours and we'll draw tonight or tomorrow so hit one of us up if you're still having problems!

Sorry for all the delays in awarding badges and the hiccups in the raffle. I unfortunately had to take leave over the holidays for personal reasons, but am back today. The raffle is open for another two or three hours and we'll draw tonight or tomorrow so hit one of us up if you're still having problems!
Hi I never received my badge I think

Thanks for participating!
Thanks to everyone for their participation and we hope you had wonderful holidays! Congratulations to @xghost777 , @Suswave , @Pineapple , @Kitty Paws , @Brock Reiher , and @totofogo on their wins in the event-associated raffle! This was the last official site event for now and we currently do not have any plans until the summer, with most of staff being very busy with life, the universe and everything in the upcoming weeks and months. A quick reminder that we welcome community collaboration, so if you have some ideas for events you'd like to pitch or even run as official site events, don't hesitate to hit us up via the ticketing system! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom