• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Xbox Microsoft has added Rockstar Energy Drinks to the pantheon of gamer foods™ alongside the iconic Mountain Dew and Doritos

best part of the trio?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
Pepsi_Starfield-Xbox-Wire-Post_Hero_16x9_3-3eeda7934bdb0f4eb8af.jpg

DORITOS, MTN DEW, and ROCKSTAR ENERGY DRINK are some of players’ favorite snacks, powering casual co-op missions and endless late-night campaigns alike. And now, PepsiCo, Frito-Lay and Xbox have teamed up to reward their fans with the chance to unlock in-game content and limited-edition prizes. Beginning October 9 through December 29, players can purchase specially marked DORITOS, MTN DEW, and ROCKSTAR ENERGY DRINK products to receive a code offering new subscribers a free 1-month subscription to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and giving all players points toward gaming rewards.
a notable case, in that Monster Energy was previously shaping up to be the official gamer energy drink with various tie-ins. but Microsoft ended up abruptly switching to Rockstar during the promotional period for Halo Infinite. in what is quite possibly one of the most notorious betrayals in gaming history.

the rewards run the gamut of in-game items for titles such as Sea of Thieves and Forza, to entries into various sweepstakes planned across the promotional period.

All PepsiCo products (because they own Frito-Lay). That’s why it’s not Monster Energy, just FYI.

this should open up larger dialogue about gamer snacks, and how our own pantheon differs from this corporate TRASH they are trying to imply i partake in.
Rockstar? Feh, only if there's no Monster, Reign, and there's ABSOLUTELY no interesting red bulls. You cannot hope to infect my pantheon with this...sludge.

I honestly didn't even know Rockstar existed until I saw this thread. I'll be turning in my Gamer Card at the earliest convenience.

Nice! I buy 3-6 energy drinks a week sometimes Monster sometimes Rockstar. Gonna be all Rockstar until the end of the year. Also gonna have to start buying Doritos and Mountain Dew for faster points gain on my grocery runs

I’d love to know how many people try gamepass based on a 1 month free trial with their junk food. Do they not just let new subscribers get a free 1 month trial anyway? Seems kinda odd that they wouldn’t

I don't like any of the "traditional/meme" gamer foods. I avoid energy drinks because I don't like the idea of having that much caffeine, Mountain Dew tastes meh, and I haven't had a taste for Doritos since middle school. Plus, you really want that nacho cheese dust all over your controller? Really? Just grab yourself some pizza bagel bites and a soda (or LaCroix if you're trying to be a bit more health conscious).

I'm glad Microsoft is associating disposable junkfood with Starfield and Gamepass

...Ok but for real though, Mountain Dew is good, but Mountain Dew Voltage is where it's at.

I'm glad Microsoft is associating disposable junkfood with Starfield and Gamepass

...Ok but for real though, Mountain Dew is good, but Mountain Dew Voltage is where it's at.
People pay more for junkfood than Xbox games anyway.

I’m told that the only acceptable way Mountain Dew is gamer food is if it’s Baja Blast flavour.

I definitely feel out of touch reading this. Usually when I’m playing a game it’s either with seltzer water or herbal tea. Rarely a beer or cocktail.

Back
Top Bottom