• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Xbox PROBABLY ILLEGAL: Rockstar Energy releases Halo Infinite branded Energy Drinks, despite Monster previously gaining the license.

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
Halo_Monster-Wire-Post_Inline_5.jpg

Seriously, what happened? The original promo dropped back in August 2020, and by purchasing these cans you would gain an in-game XP Boost. Which are currently unaccounted for due to the game getting delayed.
You might mainly remember the promotion from them giving out free digital copies of Halo 5, though.

Then Rockstar Energy suddenly dropped in today with their own custom cans.

(Yes, they really made a trailer for this.)

What do you get buying them? More XP Boosts!
Rockstar has clearly put a bit more effort into this, by getting 5 artists to create custom designs for each flavor. But it still represents a pretty severe betrayal in the world of Video Game food tie-ins.

This all could have been avoided if they just initially partnered with Mountain Dew to bring back Game Fuel™.

Friendship ended with MONSTER, now ROCKSTAR is my best friend

I already bought 20something cans of Monster last year for the XP boosts and the skins. It sounds much, but I also drink it fairly regularly as is and they were discounted, so I just got some piled up for later. Looks like I'll have to do the same with Rockstar now, albeit I don't know if I have those around here.

Also, no way for a game to pick up a healthy sponsorship? I don't know, Halo oranges, Call of Duty apple juice. No?

I don’t drink energy drinks but I might have to pick up a few cans, the AR and Hog skins are kinda sexy…

Also, no way for a game to pick up a healthy sponsorship? I don't know, Halo oranges, Call of Duty apple juice. No?
Dying Light did a promo with water once.

Though it was actually meant to be more of a joke than anything, poking fun at Destiny doing a collab with Red Bull.

How am i supposed to maintain a consistent brand identity if such betrayals keep happening . Almost as bad as PS switching from Taco Bell for console giveaways to Burger King …is anything sacred…

Back
Top Bottom