• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Metroid |ST| Trust The Process

Metroid Prime 4 in the June 2024 Nintendo Direct?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Power suit is my favorite in Dread. Even though I REALLY like the Varia suit as well I was disappointed when I first got it cause the PS is just a thing of beauty.

The Fusion Suit looks so cool. I really like Fusion's art style in general (Zero Mission, too). Something about the colours for me.

ofghgyt.png

If we nominate a representative of The Process, Aurc has my vote! I am curious to see if anyone would actually run against him.

I would run against you, not to challenge your place but to make sure that a Process believer holds the seat no matter what, but alas, I don't think Famiboards is ready for a Process Representative who dislikes the Fusion suit.
I put my vote down for supra as leader of the process council

I will not stand for this outrageous move against our spiritual leader. All you Fusion Suit haters will just have to found your own church instead.

The first schism of The Process. It was inevitable.

I will not stand for this outrageous move against our spiritual leader. All you Fusion Suit haters will just have to found your own church instead.

This is precisely why I said I thought Famiboards could not handle a Fusion Suit disliker representing The Process!!

I will not accept a schism!! I vote for @Aurc!!!

If we nominate a representative of The Process, Aurc has my vote! I am curious to see if anyone would actually run against him.

This is precisely why I said I thought Famiboards could not handle a Fusion Suit disliker representing The Process!!

I will not accept a schism!! I vote for @Aurc!!!
palp.jpg

Still riding the high of that brilliant masterpiece, huh? 🤣
My first lucid thought of the day was remembering this thread, and I immediately burst into delirious, half-asleep laughter. Just looking at the thumbnail makes me laugh. Thanks. As if I wasn't too far gone down this rabbit hole already. Now this.

My first lucid thought of the day was remembering this thread, and I immediately burst into delirious, half-asleep laughter. Just looking at the thumbnail makes me laugh. Thanks. As if I wasn't too far gone down this rabbit hole already. Now this.
GEOKER IS GETTING UPSET!

(This is hardly even a Metroid ST anymore, it's instead become Seinfeld shitpost heaven)

I swear I am writing a post of actual substance for this thread about Metroid Prime. I’m not even going to put The Picture in the post. It will be serious video games only

Retro filled their 3 job openings related to cutscenes faster than any set of job openings I’ve seen from them, lol.

Must really want to shoot these cutscenes as soon as possible.
it could mean Metroid Prime 4 is gonna be a very story centric game(if is a very strong story centric game, they need to find a balance between story e gameplay(obviously they should favor gameplay)

it could mean Metroid Prime 4 is gonna be a very story centric game(if is a very strong story centric game, they need to find a balance between story e gameplay(obviously they should favor gameplay)

I have no idea what it means other than they want to shoot cutscenes as soon as they can, lol.

They could be shooting more cutscenes because of expanded scope or because they realized that they needed more cutscenes for pacing or to fill plot holes or because they wanted to reshoot the cutscenes because they weren't happy with the original. I don't think it says anything about the gameplay-cutscene ratio at all...

Can someone explain the part of Quiet Robe's speech about SR388. I get that Samus exterminated all the Metroids but what was that about a soldier returning with the X parasite and what does that have to do with Raven Beak?

Can someone explain the part of Quiet Robe's speech about SR388. I get that Samus exterminated all the Metroids but what was that about a soldier returning with the X parasite and what does that have to do with Raven Beak?
Raven Beak and the rest of his tribe (the Mawkin) killed each member of the Thoha (the tribe responsible for creating Metroids) except Quiet Robe. They then departed SR388, taking QR with them. While they were on the planet, however, a Mawkin soldier became infected by the X, which nobody realized until they all got back to ZDR. That's how the X made their way to ZDR in the first place.

I must admit: I find Dread's writing to be pretty asinine in a number of ways, to where I'm wondering if the writer(s) were more into binging Seinfeld than crafting a smart villain that made sense. Raven Beak killing every member of the tribe that could control the Metroids except one meant that Quiet Robe could've chosen to commit suicide (or died in some other way), meaning RB's plan to control Metroids would've gotten screwed even before Samus's mission to SR388. I maintain that Raven Beak is peak Chozo bozo. More beak than brains.

I must admit: I find Dread's writing to be pretty asinine in a number of ways, to where I'm wondering if the writer(s) were more into binging Seinfeld than crafting a smart villain that made sense. Raven Beak killing every member of the tribe that could control the Metroids except one meant that Quiet Robe could've chosen to commit suicide (or died in some other way)
I'm sorry to break the whole meme fest going on but as a writer that so nitpicky especially for sci-fi writing, guess the ending to Metroid 2 sucks because why didn't Samus kill the baby Metroid despite killing a bunch of other small animals that aren't capable of mass extinction if left unchecked.

EDIT: especially since if the zero mission manga is still canon Thoha are genetically incapable of any violent actions

Raven Beak and the rest of his tribe (the Mawkin) killed each member of the Thoha (the tribe responsible for creating Metroids) except Quiet Robe. They then departed SR388, taking QR with them. While they were on the planet, however, a Mawkin soldier became infected by the X, which nobody realized until they all got back to ZDR. That's how the X made their way to ZDR in the first place.

I must admit: I find Dread's writing to be pretty asinine in a number of ways, to where I'm wondering if the writer(s) were more into binging Seinfeld than crafting a smart villain that made sense. Raven Beak killing every member of the tribe that could control the Metroids except one meant that Quiet Robe could've chosen to commit suicide (or died in some other way), meaning RB's plan to control Metroids would've gotten screwed even before Samus's mission to SR388. I maintain that Raven Beak is peak Chozo bozo. More beak than brains.
LOL maybe his idea was that they could beat him using that same power so he killed them all and kept one hostage. That's the idea probably but you think he'd take more than one hostage as a failsafe or something.

Also maybe there is a lot more to it than that. Quiet Robe might have been the easiest target or something for whatever reason.

I'm sorry to break the whole meme fest going on but as a writer that so nitpicky especially for sci-fi writing, guess the ending to Metroid 2 sucks because why didn't Samus kill the baby Metroid despite killing a bunch of other small animals that aren't capable of mass extinction if left unchecked.
because kyoot

EDIT: especially since if the zero mission manga is still canon Thoha are genetically incapable of any violent actions
OK going to get in front of this before I possibly becomes a whole thing, your complaint is valid, but dismissing the writer like that kinda just struck a nerve is all

It's nitpicky for sure, I'll freely admit that. It comes from a place of love for the Metroid lore though, especially how Samus and the Chozo are written. I have a tendency to overthink and overanalyze the narrative elements, since the series is often on my mind, but I do also feel like my criticisms of certain story elements are fair. As an example: I've previously expressed that I dislike the lack of reverence shown for Quiet Robe in particular, since it's this awe-inspiring moment where Samus is finally interacting with a non-hostile Chozo for the first time in the games, yet he's only really there to spew exposition before being unceremoniously shot in the back by a generic robot enemy. It's just disappointing for me, even though I also understand if most people don't care (or even think about it).

I think Samus sparing the baby at the end of Metroid 2 is a radically different situation. Apples and oranges sorta thing. It's a fantastic, defining character moment for her, and the connections between her and the baby are numerous. Both the last survivors of their respective civilizations, both bioengineered by the Chozo for galactic peace, both alive thanks to the other, and both two halves of the Ultimate Warrior whole.

There's more story stuff in Dread I dislike, but I don't wanna ramble, so I'll leave it be. I think the Prime games have the best depiction of the Metroid lore and universe. They treat Samus and the Chozo with absolute reverence, and the world itself as a character worth getting to know.
OK going to get in front of this before I possibly becomes a whole thing, your complaint is valid, but dismissing the writer like that kinda just struck a nerve is all
No worries! I understand why you'd feel that way. Sorry about that, haha. I just really wanted to maintain the spirit of our recent string of posts, and get that Seinfeld mention in there however I could.

I think Samus sparing the baby at the end of Metroid 2 is a radically different situation. Apples and oranges sorta thing. It's a fantastic, defining character moment for her, and the connections between her and the baby are numerous. Both the last survivors of their respective civilizations, both bioengineered by the Chozo for galactic peace, both alive thanks to the other, and both two halves of the Ultimate Warrior whole.
This is a great summation. That is perhaps the most perfect dramatic moment in the series! You should make an ST for Metroid or something.

And I agree that Quiet Robe having a single scene before being offed is dog water

Back
Top Bottom