• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Metroid |ST| Praise The Process

Metroid Prime 4 in the June 2024 Nintendo Direct?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A year has gone by, and we're in June again! New poll is up. Results of the previous one:
Zacuuj6.png

Me seeing the poll results
images
I am currently killing you over and over again in Metroid II: Return of Samus 😈 It will hopefully ensure The Process can proceed without pesky obstructions.
Fucking hell, this game is pure camp. Problem is, it's trying to be sincere!
wait a minute .... i'm so confused

how have i seen ten video essays on this game and never seen the random guy giving samus a thumbs down
Dude, I don't fucking remember that scene at all. I'm as lost as you are. It's like a Tommy Wiseau fever dream.

wait a minute .... i'm so confused

how have i seen ten video essays on this game and never seen the random guy giving samus a thumbs down
No one ever remembers "Remember Me?" man. 😭 (Samus being annoyed and punching him in the shoulder a few seconds later is probably one of the few moments of intended levity that actually works in this goofy game.)

Dude, I don't fucking remember that scene at all. I'm as lost as you are. It's like a Tommy Wiseau fever dream.
Yeah now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever seen long hair Samus giving the thumbs down in general, i've seen the short hair and the ending part but not that part

No one ever remembers "Remember Me?" man. 😭 (Samus being annoyed and punching him in the shoulder a few seconds later is probably one of the few moments of intended levity that actually works in this goofy game.)
wait, that's Remember Me Man? WTF. He looks so different out of the suit! That scene was in all the essays but not the thumbs down scene

i wouldn't be surprised if they finally go for an m rating, both the 2d games and prime play around with the horror inspiration so its only a matter of time assuming nintendo allows it, pretty sure the super metroid title screen would probably give it an m rating if they ever remake it without censoring.
Not sure if you’re joking or serious

I’ve expressed this before, but I really want an Anthony cameo / reference / easter egg in Prime 4. Could be as simple as some scan log including “Remember me?”

I would say that the Prime sequels are both a fair bit more violent than Prime 1, so it wouldn’t be surprising for that to also be true of Prime 4. All three have some pretty graphic scans in text form, but Prime 2 has numerous Luminoth and GF Marine corpses and a cutscene of the Marines getting massacred, and Prime 3 has a voiced character get impaled onscreen, another screaming in agony as they die, several more Marines that can die during gameplay, Samus vomiting up Phazon, and a game over screen with pooling blood. Not enough for the ESRB to change ratings but I definitely could see someone thinking that the sequels were more extreme than the first. The most explicit part of Prime 1 would definitely be the Frigate Orpheon, but I think it doesn’t quite reach the others since the victim are all nameless Pirates.
yes, the Metroid franchise is full of implied and explicit violence, by scans, cinematic and more, each game on the Metroid Prime series, has intencified this horror feel, the part where you got the Seeker Missiles in Metroid Prime 3, came to mind

About what? Super metroid's title screen literally has dead scientists covered in blood idk if you could get a teen rating with that today
I don’t see why not - Teen games can have blood in them and frequently do. And Nintendo isn’t going to do anything to hurt Metroid sales any more, going an M rating would be a mistake.

I don’t see why not - Teen games can have blood in them and frequently do. And Nintendo isn’t going to do anything to hurt Metroid sales any more, going an M rating would be a mistake.
Teens games can have "minimal blood" unless it differently colored like green or blue. Even ocarina of time 3d has to completely remove the blood stains and change ganondorfs blood green for the remake despite both the original and remake being rated E

As for whether nintendo would allow it I think it depends, if they really liked retro's pitch I think they might consider it

About what? Super metroid's title screen literally has dead scientists covered in blood idk if you could get a teen rating with that today
Super Metroid has been rated E ever since it was on Wii Virtual Console and I found that really strange because of that title screen and other things like the Crocomire fight.

The T rating lets you get away with a ton. Halo regularly gets T ratings now and Uncharted with its infamous body count always gets a T. Unless they wanted super gory corpses for some reason, I’m not at all concerned Metroid will get an M rating.

im not 100% sure whether they plan to go full M but a darker tone wouldn't be surprising especially if sylux plans to terrorize the federation with metroids

im not 100% sure whether they plan to go full M but a darker tone wouldn't be surprising especially if sylux plans to terrorize the federation with metroids
I'd love a darker tone, more violence, all that good stuff, but I feel like Nintendo would never go for an M rated Metroid game (even though a main source of inspiration for the series is an R rated horror movie).

I'd love a darker tone, more violence, all that good stuff, but I feel like Nintendo would never go for an M rated Metroid game (even though a main source of inspiration for the series is an R rated horror movie).
I don’t really want it with how few games we get over the years, but I’d still be interested in seeing one I guess.

Since I’m already replying to you, how’s Metroid II going Aurc? Also been wanting to ask what you think of the Spider Ball.

I don’t really want it with how few games we get over the years, but I’d still be interested in seeing one I guess.

Since I’m already replying to you, how’s Metroid II going Aurc? Also been wanting to ask what you think of the Spider Ball.
I think I'm gonna finish it tonight! Very close to the end, so I'm excited.

I'm saving most of my substantial commentary for the write-up once I'm finished, but I'll just say right now that I love the Spider Ball, and I feel it's easily the best gameplay contribution Metroid 2 made to the series overall. I enjoyed it in SR, AM2R, and the Prime games, so I figured I'd like it here too. It's simple and straightforward fun to climb stuff as a ball!

I think I'm gonna finish it tonight! Very close to the end, so I'm excited.

I'm saving most of my substantial commentary for the write-up once I'm finished, but I'll just say right now that I love the Spider Ball, and I feel it's easily the best gameplay contribution Metroid 2 made to the series overall. I enjoyed it in SR, AM2R, and the Prime games, so I figured I'd like it here too. It's simple and straightforward fun to climb stuff as a ball!
Looking forward to your full write up after you beat it! The deadline of beating it before the Direct and the big Prime 4 reveal feels like it was getting close so I definitely wanted to make sure you were on track haha. Yeah the Spider Ball rules!

Looking forward to your full write up after you beat it! The deadline of beating it before the Direct and the big Prime 4 reveal feels like it was getting close so I definitely wanted to make sure you were on track haha. Yeah the Spider Ball rules!
I'm gonna go play it right now! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I'm hoping we see Prime 4 this month but I'm not interested in betting on it.

But if we don't see it, then I'll take that as confirmation it's being saved for the Switch 2 reveal.

I decided to splurge and get Metroid Prime Trilogy on the Wii, since I saw that it was available and much less expensive than the last time I looked. I'm assuming the price decrease might have something to do with Prime Remastered coming out last year. Since I made that decision, look out for Prime 2 and 3 to be announced for switch at the next direct!

I wouldn't mind if it happens, honestly. I'm especially interested in trying out Metroid Prime 2 with the Wii controls, and having the trilogy version is the only way to do so. I'm also looking into a Wii to HDMI setup for the first time, so I might get a better presentation than I would normally expect. With 2024 being a bit slower in terms of new releases I want to buy, I'm excited to experience more Metroid in ways I haven't before!

@Irene declared her trust for The Process in the most recent Famiboards podcast and I feel this thread should be aware 🙌
I know I'm just a random guy with no real authority or presence on the boards, but when Prime 4 gets officially unveiled, I would love to have a guest spot on the podcast so I can share in the hype. Metroid means a lot to me and it'd be fun to do.

I know I'm just a random guy with no real authority or presence on the boards, but when Prime 4 gets officially unveiled, I would love to have a guest spot on the podcast so I can share in the hype. Metroid means a lot to me and it'd be fun to do.
Community guest spots for some events/releases could be a kick, yeah

After this post, I'm gonna go ahead and stay away from forums for the next few days. Just being cautious and trying to avoid leaks. I want to be surprised, overjoyed, or disappointed on my own terms. If this things is on Tuesday, I will be back after I watch it. If it's not on Tuesday and there's no further announcement for next week, I will pop in that day and join everyone while we laugh about it.

Since June 2023, I have predicted Metroid Prime 4 would show up at every general direct. My record is 0-2 since then. However, this isn't a sport, so it doesn't matter how many times I lose. Just gotta get that one W. Keep trusting the process, everyone!

Every good sport needs a bad sport so I'll say if Metroid Prime 4 doesn't show up in this next Direct I'm leaving Famiboards
Don't leave forever though, I'm sure you won't have to wait too much longer to see it.

Although I'm kind of with you on this. For a while now, I've been strongly considering unplugging from the internet for about a month to focus on my physical health, my mental health, and my overall life goals. It's something I need to do for my own benefit anyway, but if Metroid is a no-show at this Direct, it will likely jumpstart that. The potential discourse and disappointment may exacerbate my already declining mental state so I could see myself noping out of the internet for a while. I'd come back though.

Don't leave forever though, I'm sure you won't have to wait too much longer to see it.

Although I'm kind of with you on this. For a while now, I've been strongly considering unplugging from the internet for about a month to focus on my physical health, my mental health, and my overall life goals. It's something I need to do for my own benefit anyway, but if Metroid is a no-show at this Direct, it will likely jumpstart that. The potential discourse and disappointment may exacerbate my already declining mental state so I could see myself noping out of the internet for a while. I'd come back though.
yeah I said it in a joking way but unironically mental health + depression + Prime would make me take a break at least for a while, the Metroid community is good but I can't stand the Prime discourse anymore of talking about the same thing over and over

Back
Top Bottom