• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Spoiler Metroid Dread | Sequence Breaking Thread

I’m pretty sure you’re supposed to go to Burenia after getting the Space Jump and taking a long, meandering route to the bottom of the ocean. The sequence break can happen any time after Ice Missiles and involves shinesparking to the Green teleporter in Ghavoran, then doing the chained Shinespark sequence to get the Missile + pickup and getting the Gravity Suit right after that.
Nah - you're supposed to use the space jump to use the green teleportal. The route to the gravity suit isn't that long after that.

Nah - you're supposed to use the space jump to use the green teleportal. The route to the gravity suit isn't that long after that.
Well yes, of course. But you can also shinespark that jump to the green teleportal. That’s the sequence break.

Right - I just wouldn't call the intended route long and meandering is all.
If you don’t do the complicated shinespark sequence in Bruenia, it certainly is a slog to get to the grav suit! Slowly making your way to the bottom of the ocean takes a while, haha

I think you can get Space Jump by breaking the bomb blocks in the bottom right from the corridor to the right of the water. I have to check again, but I think that's how Oats and Goats got it on a run yesterday.
Oh neat! If you could link me to the video where OaG does that, I'd be appreciative

Sorry for the double post, but:

What is the flag that makes Artaria frozen? Is it actually getting the Gravity Suit, or one of the EMMI being defeated, or what?

FCbC8R6XsAQkSdj

22%.
5 or so sequence breaks.
Second run.

First run was 100% at 14:20 for comparison.

Oh my fucking god

I’m not worthy
I actually just got to that point in my current run. I'm going to try and get the technique down.I have been trying a bunch of the more difficult tricks. I am not a fan of the Artaria psuedo wave beam spots.

The speedruns of this game are already so cool. In fact, a bold prediction: the speedruns are going to actually get less cool. Eventually it's going to be mostly loading screens and the rest will be mainly comprised of extremely difficult tricks which don't look that impressive. But right now there's a lot of cool skips that you can tell are impressive.

I am exaggerating slightly about future speedruns but not completely

The speedruns of this game are already so cool. In fact, a bold prediction: the speedruns are going to actually get less cool. Eventually it's going to be mostly loading screens and the rest will be mainly comprised of extremely difficult tricks which don't look that impressive. But right now there's a lot of cool skips that you can tell are impressive.

I am exaggerating slightly about future speedruns but not completely
it already bums me out that the kraid quick kill aka early bombs before kraid is slower than just blasting him normally. :/

Doing a 0% run, decided to get early space jump the way I posted earlier, forgot there was a missile pack there. Well, good thing I saved before the trick.

Back
Top Bottom