• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Metaphor: ReFantazio announced by Atlus, releasing on Oct 11th [Read Staff Post]

Don't own a PS5 but I'm so tempted for this and P3R.

But I have so much stuff to play in the meantime that I can maybe just hold out for Switch 2 and avoid PS5 altogether.

Either way I'm very excited about this game.
I totally understand — I also have to keep reminding myself that patience is required with these releases. But hopefully it will be worth it.

Don't own a PS5 but I'm so tempted for this and P3R.

But I have so much stuff to play in the meantime that I can maybe just hold out for Switch 2 and avoid PS5 altogether.

Either way I'm very excited about this game.
I feel the same way. I only have a Switch and was genuinely thinking of buying the PS5 and having it be an Atlus machine. I decided to just wait until the Switch 2 specs are officially revealed, because I am definitely going to be getting that system. There have been talks that P3R, Metaphor and other Atlus titles will be on the Switch 2, so I am hopeful.

Finally watched the whole thing, and I am really excited to play this... however I do think I'll wait for Switch 2. I am currently really trying to focus on my backlog of games I missed over the years... including the entire Xenoblade series (playing 1), returned to Pokemon for the first time since Black with Violet, Paper Mario TTYD first time ever soon, Persona 5 is on my list also for later this year... breaking this habit of day 1 games and FOMO is hard but probably for the best!
I hope you enjoy finishing ur backlog! I am the exact same way, I have such a bad habit of hopping around games. I am currently playing through TTYD, trying to get it finished before SMT VV. I have had the first two Xenoblade games for what feels like forever but still have not gotten around to them. I hope to in the future.

just read the latest controversy
wew lad... 🤦‍♂️

This is a Hashino game. Man hates gay people
i feel like fami often forgets about yuichiro tanaka also being involved

but if hashino wasn't really involved in p4 writing i think that might have been why it felt so different from p3 and p5

but yeah, both hashino (who like i said, isn't the sole writer for p3 nor p5) and yuichiro are to blame.

also, if persona 6 gets a plot written by them ill just fucking kms. HEY WOULD YOU GUYS LIKE ANOTHER HIGH SCHOOL LIFE STORY WITH BARELY ANY ADULT CHARACTERS AND THE SAME MALE AND FEMALE ARCHETYPES RECYCLED FOR 60$??? we have the nerdy girl whos great with computers and/or geeky with a specific interest, we have the typical princess-like girl lovers arcana, the sporty guy, the guy with femme traits, the geek, the tough boy... etc
but this time the waifus and husbandos look different!!

on a related note, shinji yamamoto was somehow involved in both p5 and smt iv, like HOW?? what was blud doing in smt iv??? unless he was writing the filler dialogs or something dumb like walter trying to eavesdrop on girls then that makes sense for a nu-persona writer

well actually, p2s writer was also found of "haha, le fat girl is le fat" jokes so there's that...

tbh as long as atlus gets other people to write my mainline smt games instead of the unorganized snoozefest that was v, ill survive

Last edited:
also, if persona 6 gets a plot written by them ill just fucking kms. HEY WOULD YOU GUYS LIKE ANOTHER HIGH SCHOOL LIFE STORY WITH BARELY ANY ADULT CHARACTERS AND THE SAME MALE AND FEMALE ARCHETYPES RECYCLED FOR 60$??? we have the nerdy girl whos great with computers and/or geeky with a specific interest, we have the typical princess-like girl lovers arcana, the sporty guy, the guy with femme traits, the geek, the tough boy... etc
but this time the waifus and husbandos look different!!
I agree with you that we don’t need more shit written by them, but this is incredibly reductive.

Toru Furuya retired from the Metaphor dub after he cheated on a young woman who was more than 30 years younger than him, got her pregnant, forced her to have an abortion, and subjected her to violence.

Also for the record, I absolutely support LGBT pursuit of equal rights, but I've seen a lot of people discussing the whole Hashino Katsura fear of homosexuality thing under this thread, and it's important to understand that in East Asian societies, LGBT is still a topic that doesn't have enough traction in the conversation, and heterosexuality is still predominant in the work, and that the lack of sufficient level of affirmative action is involved here as well as the fact that it is also due to the fact that East Asian societies are unique to some of the cultural environments they have been created in, and that it can't be evaluated in a simplistic manner, and that they have, at the very least, deleted the original fear of homosexuality storyline from the original version of the storyline in the p3r.(Again, I'm an LGBT affirmative action supporter, so please ask the forum administrators for mercy)

Last edited:
Is he still Sabo in One Piece?
If anything, the most iconic is Saint Seiya's Seiya, Gundam 0079's Amuro.

He is the oldest of the Japanese animation voice actors, and has been the voice of various TV anime protagonists since the 70's. If you are familiar with Japanese animation, there is basically no one who doesn't recognize him.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom