• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection launching on Switch April 14, 2023

I never played past 3 but I loved these games as a kid, they're what turned me into a super (mega?) fan of Mega Man. Definitely looking forward to replaying the first 3, especially 2. Might try the later games as well.

I only played the first one back in the day, I'm actually interested to see how it evolved

Awesome stuff. Though I wish they didn’t forget Network Transmission exists.

Was hoping for a March date but I'm ok with an April date. Still, both months needs more releases. I don't like empty schedules.

Hopefully this sells enough to warrant Star Force collection. I loved the 3D combat much more than og Battle Networks.

I've never played but I've always been curious about it. Mostly if it's any good lol.
I was probably 12 or 13 when I played through it, but I remember liking it. It was a lot slower paced than a normal mega man game with puzzles and stuff to solve using specific chips.

The online features probably aren't something I'll really bother with, but it's nice to see them going all out for this.

Haven't played these games before, but I'm looking forward to them. I think Capcom handles its legacy content greatly.

How Capcom went from whatever happened to the Megaman Classic and X legacy collections to what they're pulling off with the Zero and Battle Network collections is some amazing thing to see.

Very hyped for this. Only played through 1,3 and 6 back in the day.

4 months until the return of trans icon Roll.exe

20210803-210936.jpg

Will be my first time playing those games, despite being a lifelong Megaman fan. I'm very excited!

This is probably the most exciting news of the release.

Really looking forward to seeing what they do with Star Force and hopefully Legends,

They're going to do Legends, right? RIGHT?
At this point I have to believe it's only a matter of time for a Legends collection.

$60 is a little steep, especially compared to previous releases. It looks like the package is worth it though given the content.

Still, I will probably wait for a sale down the road. April starts a very expensive game buying binge for me.

I never got on with the Battle Network games. I just found the battle system and world exploration unappealing, but I may pick this collection up to see if it finally clicks. Or, at the very least, will give me the superior Starforce collection in the future!

I never got on with the Battle Network games. I just found the battle system and world exploration unappealing, but I may pick this collection up to see if it finally clicks. Or, at the very least, will give me the superior Starforce collection in the future!
I'd love a Star Force collection but sadly I feel its low sales will discourage Capcom from making one. I hope I'm wrong!

Can someone explain what patch cards did. Are they just chips?

On a side note, MB1 is the only mainline game I never beat. Can't wait to rectify.

We’re also shining a light on something that will undoubtedly excite long-time Battle Network fans. Would you like to illuminate us, Mr. Famous?

“With permission from Konami, the Boktai collaboration contents have been included in this collection! Unfortunately, crossover battles with the Boktai series won’t be possible. The games in Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection are based on the original Japanese games on Game Boy Advance that required a physical connection to the Boktai series games to access collaboration contents. That said, the Boktai collaboration Battle Chips, newly translated stories, and Patch Cards will be available! These collaborations are available in Mega Man Battle Network 4, 5, and 6.”

Long-time fans are already aware, but to get others up to speed, this content was not available in Western releases of Mega Man Battle Network games. This marks the first time that some of this content will be made available in territories outside Japan!

We’re also shining a light on something that will undoubtedly excite long-time Battle Network fans. Would you like to illuminate us, Mr. Famous?

“With permission from Konami, the Boktai collaboration contents have been included in this collection! Unfortunately, crossover battles with the Boktai series won’t be possible. The games in Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection are based on the original Japanese games on Game Boy Advance that required a physical connection to the Boktai series games to access collaboration contents. That said, the Boktai collaboration Battle Chips, newly translated stories, and Patch Cards will be available! These collaborations are available in Mega Man Battle Network 4, 5, and 6.”

Long-time fans are already aware, but to get others up to speed, this content was not available in Western releases of Mega Man Battle Network games. This marks the first time that some of this content will be made available in territories outside Japan!
Finally, it's confirmed! We've been waiting about 18 years to get all the MMBN content, and it's happening at long last. I can't think of anything (in the mainline GBA games) they've left out at this point.

IMO the only stumble in this collection is having two titles instead of one, but that's just an annoyance. The overall price is fine.

Oh joy, looks like we're not getting the physical release in Europe.

Thanks Capcom, I looooove when you do this.

Review embargo is busted

sure would love for these games to be successful and for Capcom to greeenlight more BN-style titles, but I’m still waiting for Mega Man X9.

Yes, all games are on the cart, but it will split the collection into two title cards when inserted into Switch.
Pretty much how all the multi game carts work. No problem here. The Final Fantasy pixel remaster physical is gonna make 6 icons pop up on your home screen when inserted.

It's sorta frustrating how the Classic and X Collections had to split their lineups between cart and download while this and the Zero collection have everything on the cart. But I guess that's the difference between bundling up GBA and DS roms vs. NES/SNES roms and PS1/PS2 isos.

The Final Fantasy pixel remaster physical is gonna make 6 icons pop up on your home screen when inserted.
Sweeeeeeet

I'm enjoying this so much. Classic Mega Man is still my favorite overall but Battle Network comes so close, love RPGs and the combat system is so chef's kiss. Also Roll.Exe cute.

Only thing I don't like is how Mega Man has a deeper voice in the English version, as I'm so used to his lighter Japanese voice in the BN anime that it makes listening to his banter on the home screen pretty jarring. The MM11 dub also did something similar, I don't know why Capcom America is so obsessed with making Mega Man go through robot puberty.

It's sorta frustrating how the Classic and X Collections had to split their lineups between cart and download while this and the Zero collection have everything on the cart. But I guess that's the difference between bundling up GBA and DS roms vs. NES/SNES roms and PS1/PS2 isos.

Sweeeeeeet
Most of the Mega Man games on the collections are native ports, not actual roms/isos. Only MM1-6 and MMX1-3 are emulated. MMBN1-6 seems to contain the roms but the code is ported while the rom is used for assets apparently.

Now I don't know why they didn't make the older megaman collections multicart...

Years of the modern convenience of autosaving makes me really bad at regularly manually saving and it came back to bite me when I died halfway through the traffic lights bit of MMBN1. I had only saved right at the beginning of that whole thing. Was kicking myself for a while after.

I'm grateful for Buster MAX as I just used that to get back to where I was.

Also a bit disappointed they didn't take the time to clean up the script some. 'Load Chaud' is still a thing.

You know what this collection is missing? A button to pat pat Mega Man on the head on the home menu.

Also a bit disappointed they didn't take the time to clean up the script some. 'Load Chaud' is still a thing.
I don’t know, I kind of feel like Load Chaud is a national treasure worth preserving like Dr. Wahwee.

Now I don't know why they didn't make the older megaman collections multicart...
I think having multiple games on a single game card (each appearing as their own game on the HOME Menu and having separate save data, play activity records, etc.) may not have been a supported feature during the first few years of the Switch’s life when the Mega Man and Mega Man X Legacy Collection games came out, though I’m not certain what the earliest instance of a multi-game game card is. Pretty sure it wasn’t a thing at all around launch, though.

Also, did anyone else preorder this game at Best Buy and not get their preorder bonus download codes? ‘Cause that’s what happened to me, and I had to call Best Buy support to get mine…

Also, did anyone else preorder this game at Best Buy and not get their preorder bonus download codes? ‘Cause that’s what happened to me, and I had to call Best Buy support to get mine…
I got an email for the Volume 1 bonus this morning and had to call to get the Volume 2 bonus.

Quoted by: Tye

Just got mines this morning. Didn't even know it existed.

Back
Top Bottom