• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Marvel Cinematic Universe |ST| The Eternal Universe

Lady Bow

Outta Sight
V6RVDXA.png

tKhoRyy.png

uAfysPS.png

CPLlcr2.png

Mv3Y7AV.png

Spoiler Policy
  1. Use spoiler tags for text or pictures containing story information not found in official marketing materials for unreleased movies or TV shows.
  2. Properly label links to pictures, videos, social media posts, and news articles containing story information not found in official marketing materials for unreleased movies and TV shows.
  3. Use spoiler tags when discussing or posting images from newly released movies and TV shows for one week after release.

Super excited for No Way Home. Just inject it into my veins already!

Very excited for Spider-Man specially. Can't wait until December. That and Matrix are the only ones i will see in cinemas during the rest of the year.

Oh dang, I didn't see this until you posted about it. Their whole slate shifted, geez.

Yup. Might as well post it so that everyone knows.

“Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness” (Disney) previously dated on 3/25/22 moves to 5/6/22

“Thor: Love and Thunder” (Disney) previously dated on 5/6/22 moves to 7/8/22

“Black Panther: Wakanda Forever” (Disney) previously dated on 7/8/22 moves to 11/11/22

“Untitled Indiana Jones” (Disney) previously dated on 7/29/22 moves to 6/30/23

“Untitled Disney Live Action” (Disney) previously dated on 7/14/23 is removed from schedule

“The Marvels” (Disney) previously dated on 11/11/22 moves to 2/17/23

“Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania” (Disney) previously dated on 2/17/23 moves to 7/28/23

“Untitled Marvel” (Disney) previously dated on 7/28/23 is removed from schedule

“Untitled Marvel” (Disney) previously dated on 10/6/23 is removed from schedule

Untitled 20th Century” (20th) previously dated on 10/20/23 is removed from schedule

“Untitled Marvel” (Disney) previously dated on 11/10/23 moves to 11/3/23

New movie schedule (including SSU):

2021:
• Eternals – November 5, 2021
• Spider-Man: No Way Home – December 17, 2021

2022:
• Morbius – January 28, 2022
• Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness – May 6, 2022
• Thor: Love and Thunder – July 8, 2022
• Into the Spider-Verse 2 – October 7, 2022
• Black Panther: Wakanda Forever – November 11, 2022

2023:
• The Marvels – February 17, 2023
• Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 – May 5, 2023
• Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania – July 28, 2023

Last edited:
I'm gonna go ahead and repeatedly tell myself that the "Untitled 20th Century” film that was taken off the schedule is, ya know, not Battle Angel Alita 2.

I’m hyped for the new Doctor Strange, but after what he pulled off in his first movie, and also recently in What If, what threat could he possibly be faced with that he couldn’t easily handle?

Now I’m strictly an MCU guy - I’ve got next to no knowledge on the comics. I get that Wanda is powerful and that her powers come from an Infinity Stone, but Strange was able to handle an Ultron that had all six stones.
AFAIK, What If is strictly non-canon playaround stories, so I'm not sure if actual MCU Strange is at that level as far as the movies are concerned, or what.

But Wanda, from what little I know of the comics, with what she's capable of and has done in the comics... she'd be something pretty serious if they set her up as an MCU villain.

Whooooa whoa whoa I did not know Lauren Ridloff is actually deaf in real life! Her busting out the ASL during the red carpet caught me way off guard. How awesome is she??? 🤯

And Kumail's outfit rocks hell yeah

I can't wait for the Eternals. I love cosmic Marvel. I only wish the Inhumans got the movie treatment as well, instead of that doodoo baby of a show

Quoted by: GJ
I'm real excited for these last three releases of the year. I'd be hard pressed to rank them in any sort of order.

I can't wait for the Eternals. I love cosmic Marvel. I only wish the Inhumans got the movie treatment as well, instead of that doodoo baby of a show

That could still happen. I don’t know if ABC has the same cooldown period Netflix has (3 years) when it comes to Marvel properties, but I’m sure they’ll do something with it in the future.

There was a rumour a while ago that Ms. Marvel would feature something Inhumans related, but…

It was a rumour that the Inhumans ABC show would play on a tv in the background or something like that. So it’s actually a show in the MCU as well. It was a weird rumour I wouldn’t put that much stock in, but who knows.

That could still happen. I don’t know if ABC has the same cooldown period Netflix has (3 years) when it comes to Marvel properties, but I’m sure they’ll do something with it in the future.

There was a rumour a while ago that Ms. Marvel would feature something Inhumans related, but…

It was a rumour that the Inhumans ABC show would play on a tv in the background or something like that. So it’s actually a show in the MCU as well. It was a weird rumour I wouldn’t put that much stock in, but who knows.
As far as the ABC thing: they're actually owned by Disney so even if they had a cool down period, it wouldn't count with Marvel Studios.

As far as the spoiler:
You mean like how some of Tarantino's movies have been sorta confirmed as being movies in the universe of some of his other movies? That'd be gutsy and kinda awesome if that's how they retcon the ABC series into the MCU.

Last edited:

It was a rumour that the Inhumans ABC show would play on a tv in the background or something like that. So it’s actually a show in the MCU as well. It was a weird rumour I wouldn’t put that much stock in, but who knows.]

This is the only way I would accept Inhumans being part of the main MCU continuity.

As far as the ABC thing: they're actually owned by Disney so even if they had a cool down period, it wouldn't count with Marvel Studios.

As far as the spoiler:
You mean like how some of Tarantino's movies have been sorta confirmed as being movies in the universe of some of his other movies? That'd be gutsy and kinda awesome if that's how they retcon the ABC series into the MCU.

Yeah, like that! And I didn't know that. We don't have ABC over here so that's good to know.

This movie wasn't nearly as bad as people said it was! It's not amazing (outside of a few scenes like the one you posted), but it's far from the "worst movie ever" like so many people made it out to be.

A real Lucasfilm classic!
Yeah, it's biggest problem is that its kinda boring a lot of the time. But its got a lot of truly weird inexplicable stuff.

Yeah, it's biggest problem is that its kinda boring a lot of the time. But its got a lot of truly weird inexplicable stuff.
It really should have leaned into the weird stuff more. Maybe give us some more of Howard's Duck-Earth, which we only get a small glimpse of. More of those space demons, too! Probably too expensive for them to pull off, sadly.

Really, really curious about Eternals.

Are we getting a new Spider-Man trailer soon? Its crazy to think that we only had one trailer so far.
Considering some of the elements that are rumored (if not outright leaked already), I wonder if they'll do a vague second trailer to keep things a surprise of if they'll just open up and admit to everything to generate hype and put butts in seats?

Next week supposedly.
ooooeeeeh

Considering some of the elements that are rumored (if not outright leaked already), I wonder if they'll do a vague second trailer to keep things a surprise of if they'll just open up and admit to everything to generate hype and put butts in seats?
Knowing Marvel they'll do a fake out, but confim one big element.

Knowing Marvel they'll do a fake out, but confim one big element.
Marvel isn't the issue here, sadly. Sony runs stuff for Spiderman even though Feige is consulted on production and story stuff (again, as far as I know) and Sony has in the past put scenes from the ending into Spiderman trailers, so I'm always concerned about them showing too much.

Oh shit that's Dunban over there
Not just Dr Strange, their entire slate over the next year and a half shifted over by one slot. It was a massive move.

Not the entire slate. Guardians 3 kept it’s May 5th date.

Are we sure Blade is one of the films that got removed? It recently got a director and it appeared to be further ahead than something like F4. Seeing as two were removed and Ryan Reynolds recently announced he’s taking a break from movies, I guess Deadpool 3 is one of them and F4 might be the other.

Just caught up with Black Widow, which was… bad?

Also the end credits scene made me actually angry. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier is also bad and I don’t want to be reminded of it.

World War Hulk film supposedly set for a 2022 production start.

THR: Charlie Cox Calls Speculative Daredevil Return a Double-Edged Sword
“You’ve got to be careful what you wish for,” he said. “You come back and it’s not as good or it doesn’t quite work or … too much time has passed, it doesn’t quite come together in the same way. You don’t want to taint what you’ve already got. If we never come back, you’ve got these three great seasons — and our third season was our best-reviewed. So, the trajectory was up. I am tremendously proud and grateful for what we have.”

I don’t know anything about comics but how would any Hulk films like that work with how chill Hulk is now post Endgame?

Something just sets him off and makes him mad enough to lose control?

I don’t know anything about comics but how would any Hulk films like that work with how chill Hulk is now post Endgame?

Something just sets him off and makes him mad enough to lose control?
They’d have to rework the timeline as well. Comics WWH takes place before Civil War (I think?). And it results in Hulk being sent to space where he eventually lands on that planet to fight in the arena. Ragnarok already told that part of the story and gave a different reason for why Hulk was there.

World War Hulk film supposedly set for a 2022 production start.

Wait what? So the character development of Hulk and Banner accepting each other and being chill as Smart Hulk is just gonna.. go? I mean I can think of a couple ways they can lead into "Hulk is a smash-mongering danger to the world" again, but that could end up feeling kinda cheap if they're not careful.

Isn’t Skaar rumoured to appear in She-Hulk?

Three Hulks on Earth… that could create a nuclear situation.

Popping in to remind everyone that Thor: Ragnarok is still the best movie in the MCU.

As far as the spoiler:
Didn't they basically acknowledge that some of the ABC stuff is canon in Endgame?

At the very least, Edwin Jarvis is the same one from Agent Carter.
It might have been mainly done because that was the only series the Russo brothers also worked on, though.

Popping in to remind everyone that Thor: Ragnarok is still the best movie in the MCU.

Didn't they basically acknowledge that some of the ABC stuff is canon in Endgame?

At the very least, Edwin Jarvis is the same one from Agent Carter.
It might have been mainly done because that was the only series the Russo brothers also worked on, though.

Oooooh I forgot about Jarvis! But yeah the position of the broadcast tv canon confuses me because obviously the showrunners meant for them to be, but the movies seemed to really not care to. Aside from Jarvis. Which was honestly great to see.

I think they've made it obvious at this point that every show prior to Disney+ won't be referenced or recognized. Edwin Jarvis was a nice appearance in Endgame but I also think that was just a nice "oh, Tony's dad had his own JARVIS too" and the stars aligned a bit there, what with Markus, McFeely and Feige all being involved with Agent Carter. Maybe there's plans for more Howard Stark appearances in the future and therefore more Jarvis.

I love Agents of Shield, but at this point I don't ever expect any film or television show to acknowledge it, nor do I expect to see any of those characters come back and reference their adventures on that show. I'd love to see Quake pop up somewhere on Disney+ the same way I'd love to see the cast of Daredevil come back. But it'll all be soft-reboots of those characters in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom