• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Marvel Cinematic Universe |ST| The Eternal Universe

Shang Chi is shockingly good. I’m very impressed. I had no idea I’d like this movie as much as I did.
It's by far the best Phase 4 MCU thing so far. I'm looking forward to Spider-Man but so far I am feeling a bit burnt out on the franchise post-Endgame despite being a big fan of it once upon a time. My motto is I'll keep watching until I get bored, and the next few movies all seem promising at least.

It's really the D+ stuff I'm unsure about, I don't want to have to watch a bunch of shows to stay connected, rather than just going to the theater a few times a year, and the D+ shows so far have been a real mixed bag.

It's really the D+ stuff I'm unsure about, I don't want to have to watch a bunch of shows to stay connected, rather than just going to the theater a few times a year, and the D+ shows so far have been a real mixed bag.
It seems to me they're going to have the D+ stuff compliment the movie stuff, but not to the degree that it's required to understand the films.
For example:

- Loki: the multiversal stuff (and possibly the concept of variants) will likely be covered in Spiderman NWH, the He-Who-Remains/Immortus character will probably be summarized (if not actually expanded on and fleshed out) in Ant-Man & The Wasp 3 as Kang the Conqueror is confirmed to be in it

- Wandavision: the Wanda-is-now-Scarlet-Witch stuff will probably be lightly summarized in Dr Strange 2 (as she's been confirmed to be a big part of the film)

- Falcon & Winter Soldier: they've already confirmed a Captain America 4 film is coming with Sam as Cap, so the series will probably be lightly exposition'ed in the beginning of that film

I think they're setting it up so that the series are deep-dives into the characters and concepts, but the movies will still have their own ways of digging into them. So there'll be an oh shit moment for the audience members who see Kang pop up in the movies if they watched the Loki series first, but for those who didn't the film will explain who that character is in the context of that movie.

TL;DR: I doubt you'll have to stay diligent with all the series in order to enjoy the films. They wouldn't alienate a huge chunk of the audience like that.

It's by far the best Phase 4 MCU thing so far. I'm looking forward to Spider-Man but so far I am feeling a bit burnt out on the franchise post-Endgame despite being a big fan of it once upon a time. My motto is I'll keep watching until I get bored, and the next few movies all seem promising at least.

They even started Infinity war with a big info dump on what the infinity stones and such were, because they didn't want to leave anyone out who had somehow skipped all the different films that had previously explained that in detail.

There's essentially no chance that they require any of the Disney+ series to completely understand the films.

Endgame left off at "Falcon becomes Captain america", then his series went "what if he doesn't want to though" and ended on "Falcon becomes Captain america".

Loki will not likely have any effect on the multiverse thing. The main reasons for multiverse appearances for the films is going to be covered by Spiderman and Doctor Strange 2, no doubt. The Loki from that is still trapped in his spin off series and won't be showing up in any films any time soon, neither will any other character from the series. It's the first introduction to A walking info dump they throw in at the end because they hadn't planned an actual ending Kang, but he will be getting a proper introduction in Ant Man 3.

The closest we might get is the Kids and White Vision from Wandavision showing up, but I would bet money on White Vision not being in Strange 2 at all, and maybe left for another later Disney+ show. If/When Wanda has a big role in Strange 2 again, I wouldn't be surprised if it's more framed as her trying to search for a way to get Vision or "her family" back, with only a bit references to the children, if anything.

The post-Endgame stuff has been a bit hit or miss so far but they still manage to put out enough cool stuff every now and then to keep me somewhat invested. Even though I found Black Widow to be a bit middling, I still mostly liked Wandavision, FATWS and Far From Home and really enjoyed Loki and Shang Chi. Eternals has been the only outright dud for me. I have no idea what to make of the overarching narrative(s) but the movies and shows have at least some elements that make me want to follow these characters. The relatively low barrier of entry (Disney+, short seasons) makes me much more likely to check out something that I might enjoy and even finish it if I don't. This feels entirely by design.

Anybody else keep forgetting Hawkeye (the show) exists? Disney is picking the worst time to release it lol. It's getting completely lost in the Spider-Man hype.
I have it on my calendar and have been bombarded by Renner in the suggested clips on YouTube so I haven't forgotten. But I know what you mean, I'm surprised they didn't wait till after Spidey to release it. Just because releasing in the weeks leading up to a major franchise finale worked for The Mandalorian doesn't mean it'll work for everything. 😅

Anybody else keep forgetting Hawkeye (the show) exists? Disney is picking the worst time to release it lol. It's getting completely lost in the Spider-Man hype.

I passed an advert on a bus stop for it yesterday and was like "oh wait, did that come out already".

I then forgot about it again in the ten or so minutes it took me to get from there to home, which just summarises how I feel about a Hawkeye spin off series, I guess

Halfway through the first episode of Hawkeye and I'm impressed with how quickly this show managed to make me hate Vera Farmiga

I have watched both eps and its fun! They already went exactly for what I wanted, as they picked up comic elements of the amazing Fraction/Aja run from a few years back. Fraction is a consultant too, so it makes sense!

Plus I died when in episode 2

Barton participates in the larping thing. Him mumbling that he fought Thanos made it more funny

Okay wow so now I also hate uh..
* googles *
Tony Dalton.

Plus I died when in episode 2

Barton participates in the larping thing. Him mumbling that he fought Thanos made it more funny
That and "bro I found her" were my favorite lines from the episode. 🤣

Last edited:
Bro, Hawkeye? First two episodes good bro.

Clint is so tired of everything, it's pretty funny. Kate's family is pretty annoying (which is probably the desired result)

Haven’t posted here yet and I’ll probably be avoiding this thread when Spider-Man hits since I’m still avoiding theaters (I haven’t seen Eternals), but I love the MCU! Just saw the first two episodes of Hawkeye and I’m enjoying it so far. Kate is fun and I enjoyed the LARP group with grumpy Hawkeye lol. I checked out the full version of Roger’s the Musical’s Save The City and the lyrics are amazing. “I can go all day!!!” being the end of the chorus is incredible. Looking forward to episode 3 on Wednesday :)

Yeah episode 3 of Hawkeye was great

Yeah that was totally Vincent D'Onofrio's Kingpin. Super hyped to see him join the full MCU

I'm having too much fun with Hawkeye, I already cannot wait for the next week.

Kate Bishop is amazing!

MCU Kingpin :)

Yeah, episode 3 is great.

And that one thing people are talking about.. it’s him

Episode 3 thoughts:
Wow... the MCU debuted TWO deaf heroes within a month of each other.

Well now we know why there's a Christmas tree shortage.

I like how they switched to a CGI Charger right before it got crunched. 😂

YEAAASS PYM ARROWS

Kate's text joke is the best

I swear to god I thought it said "directed by bert and ernie" at the end. 😂

Last edited:
I enjoyed episode 3 of Hawkeye a lot. The car chase and the fight before it were so cool!

No Way Home soundtrack got leaked.

Tobey and Andrew's themes are in, plus multiple depressing sounding tracks (especially near the end) and a new version of Tom's theme

No Way Home soundtrack got leaked.

Tobey and Andrew's themes are in, plus multiple depressing sounding tracks (especially near the end) and a new version of Tom's theme
Are we sure Andrew's theme isn't a photoshop? 😏

I had no idea [Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 casting spoilers] Will Poulter was cast as Adam Warlock

Did not expect this but I can see it.

Last edited:
Finally saw Shang Chi, really enjoyed, I don’t know if there’s a bigger question for me than how Wong and Abomination became good enough buddies to rig fighting matches, hopefully She Hulk answers this

Also been enjoying hawkeye

I wonder where Murdock will show up. Who's the most likely to need a lawyer in the coming Disney+ shows?

The most obvious place where he could pop up is She-Hulk but there's a different rumour about Jessica Jones showing up there

I wonder where Murdock will show up. Who's the most likely to need a lawyer in the coming Disney+ shows?

There's someone sooner that will need a lawyer potentially, given what we already saw in the
Spiderman trailers of him being arrested and cuffed to a table, could it even be in no way home?

Note: the above is not representative of any spoiler knowledge.

Fuck yeah for Charlie Cox being the "new" Daredevil. The Netflix series have such good casts, i hope this isn't the only one to return.

I know, i know. They already teased D'Onofrio there!

I hope Deborah Ann Woll returns too in some way.

No Way Home plot got leaked

Holy fucking shit the ending will be the darkest in the MCU (outside of What If Episode 4) if it holds up.

With all the Spiderman casting news/rumors I figured this was appropriate:
phUadzG.webp

Great Hawkeye episode but as always it went by flying and I end up with an empty feeling til next week.

My favorite part of the episode was just Clint and Kate hanging out at home with pizza dog.

Yelena was awesome though. :oops:

Hawkeye show has been really enjoyable so far!! I was expecting it to be one of the lesser shows but I'm pleasantly surprised!

It has so many great fighting choreographies + cool arrows!

Episode 4 was too good, that fighting scene was /chefs kiss

I shrieked out loud bc of the Yelena reveal, didn't see that coming now im extra HYPED

Episode 4 thoughts:
  • Clint's sweater is * chef's kiss *
  • "LARPer friends." LOL
  • I love how in true Power Rangers form Kate is wearing bits of purple in her street clothes.
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider spotted in the apartment!!!
  • BOMBSHELL!!! She's a mutant, right???
  • OMG THE ZIPLINE GAG 🤣
  • Did not expect to see a Sam Fisher cameo, huh.
  • OH SHIT OH FUCK THAT'S NOT SAM FISHER

Poster got dropped.
FGW1fvnXEAUZjh0.jpg:orig

I'm surprised the Guardians of The Galaxy aren't anywhere to be seen, i figured Marvel would be pushing their appearance pretty heavily.
I guess it really is just a small cameo from them?

Poster got dropped.
FGW1fvnXEAUZjh0.jpg:orig

I'm surprised the Guardians of The Galaxy aren't anywhere to be seen, i figured Marvel would be pushing their appearance pretty heavily.
I guess it really is just a small cameo from them?

Less Guardians, more Korg. I support this direction.

Back
Top Bottom