• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Mario vs. Donkey Kong announced for Nintendo Switch, launches February 16th (UPDATE: new overview trailer + demo out now, see threadmarks)

box art
  • F5_tz95XYAEERRH

previews
  • Previews have come out today:

A few minor details from there:
    • The new bonus game seems to change each world. It looks like it might also be accessible from the level select... so perhaps you're not forced to play it if you don't want to?
    • Fall damage might be removed, or significantly tuned down - footage shows some jumps that I thought would at least stun Mario in the original having zero impact here.
    • Getting the star in a level depends on simply getting all three presents / not taking damage (DK) - the game doesn't have a scoring system any more. Probably for the best... as it didn't really add much in the original.
    • In co-op, it seems the levels have new platforms / obstacles instead of just adding the 2nd key to collect.
    As for my thoughts, I'm pretty pleased overall. The only gripe I have is the music: the music in World 3 just doesn't quite work for me. It sounds strangely atmospheric and foreboding, which just clashes with every other world. The boss music also seems too subdued as well.

Last edited:

Back
    Top Bottom