• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Mario Strikers: Battle League First Kick demo out now, post-launch content confirmed + opening movie, new gameplay and previews

Status
Not open for further replies.
previews

Last edited:
The gameplay looks amazing! The ability to make precise passes feels like FIFA to me. And then the difference player types makes it like a fighting game or something.

I just pre-ordered

Yay post launch content.

I feel like it’s a game I’ll get my fill with and then not come back so I’ll wait for the final update to drop to buy it.

Hey, it's that weird render pose.

FTxI5AraIAAHpMs

Nintendo marketing of this game has been so weird lol, almost nothing since Direct but they have gone all-in this week

"With online matches for the #MarioStrikers: Battle League First Kick demo event, you will be forming a team of up to four players from two #NintendoSwitch systems and a max of two players per console. Match up with random players, or play with friends on another system!"
I'm confused, so does that mean I can team up with my friend from somewhere else with their own switch and we can take on randoms together online?

Excited to try the demo next week.

As we expected, this is another game with trickled post-launch content. I hoped NLG wouldn't follow the other sports games formula, but I guess this strategy works for Nintendo.

I'll decide with the demo and reviews if there is enough content to warrant an early purchase, but so far it looks like I'll get this when it's feature complete.

The game seems to have a lot of mechanics, wow. Was this the case for the old entries as well?

I always wanted to play Strikers with my FIFA friends group but sadly we don't meet up much anymore, especially for playing video games. This would have been so great for those times.

I think it got lost in the closed thread. Sorry!

We've uploaded a preview version performance analysis. Seems cinematics aren't capped to 30 FPS!

Source

I think it got lost in the closed thread. Sorry!

We've uploaded a preview version performance analysis. Seems cinematics aren't capped to 30 FPS!

Source

sorry i locked the thread after your post. i did post your video in the threadmarked post for previews.

I wonder how extensive that post-launch content is going to be. It seems to include more than characters based on their wording.

Originally, my intention was to hold off my purchase until the updates are done, but I have got nothing new to play right now, so I am tempted to buy at launch. Goddammit! :p

Nintendo should do their June Direct before the game comes out and shadowdrop something like No Man's Sky or Silksong. It would save me the anguish.

The game seems to have a lot of mechanics, wow. Was this the case for the old entries as well?

I always wanted to play Strikers with my FIFA friends group but sadly we don't meet up much anymore, especially for playing video games. This would have been so great for those times.

it's weird seeing them make Rosalina ice themed. it's not the first game I've seen them do this

the dlc is gonna be free tho. it's not like they're removing expected content from the game to charge extra for it.
I know it's free, but Daisy is kinda a defacto sports character, like Waluigi. if it weren't for the sports games, they'd have no place in the franchise (especially Waluigi given he was made for the sports games). so for her to not be here is really strange to see and I can't think of any reason for her to not be, free DLC or not. it's just too arbitrary it feels

so, you need NSO to even launch the demo? i wanted to play it with my extra profile on switch which i use for demos (so they don't get added to recently played list on main account) but you can't launch the demo to play the tutorial with it :/

I know it's free, but Daisy is kinda a defacto sports character, like Waluigi. if it weren't for the sports games, they'd have no place in the franchise (especially Waluigi given he was made for the sports games). so for her to not be here is really strange to see and I can't think of any reason for her to not be, free DLC or not. it's just too arbitrary it feels
i guess they feel like having a post launch roadmap for the game adds to its longevity and keeps the community engaged for longer, so having daisy as a post launch character helps with that.

Here's the AUS/NZ online demo times from Vooks

• Saturday 4th June 1:00pm – 2:00pm AEST / 3:00pm – 4:00pm NZST
  • Saturday 4th June 9:00pm – 10:00pm AEST / 11:00pm – 12:00am NZST
  • Sunday 5th June 5:00am – 6:00am AEST / 7:00am – 8:00am NZST
  • Sunday 5th June 1:00pm – 2:00pm AEST / 3:00pm – 4:00pm NZST
  • Sunday 5th June 9:00pm – 10:00pm AEST / 11:00pm – 12:00am NZST
  • Monday 6th June 5:00am – 6:00am AEST / 7:00am – 8:00am NZST

Daisy being a DLC character is weird and feels like they're stripping the game of content for dlc
It's clearly a calculated move by Nintendo to cause the internet to blow up when they announce her as the first DLC character next month.

Daisy is going to get a ten-minute segment in the June Direct displaying all her "in your face, loser" animations. Book it!

so, you need NSO to even launch the demo? i wanted to play it with my extra profile on switch which i use for demos (so they don't get added to recently played list on main account) but you can't launch the demo to play the tutorial with it :/

i guess they feel like having a post launch roadmap for the game adds to its longevity and keeps the community engaged for longer, so having daisy as a post launch character helps with that.
Try it. You may not since it does not connect online.

it's a separate listing like a testfire. it's most easily found under recent releases (for now)

you can play an ostensibly pretty in-depth tutorial before the test is live
No work finna get done today and I'm blaming you guys.

Video previews seem awesome! Tons of personality.

Not sure what crack some of those angry peeps on Twitter were saying the game has no personality and is sanitized. Fuck it is.

I am taking that to mean that since Waluigi is not gesturing at his junk, suddenly the game has no personality.

Really hoping we can change the control scheme because my muscle memory of the Gamecube game is getting in the way of playing this one.

Daisy being a DLC character is weird and feels like they're stripping the game of content for dlc
I mean, her absence caused a bunch of social media conversation

her return will cause a bunch of social media conversation

that right there is the reason, it's not that weird in today's day and age (though that doesn't mean I agree with it)

Video previews seem awesome! Tons of personality.

Not sure what crack some of those angry peeps on Twitter were saying the game has no personality and is sanitized. Fuck it is.

I am taking that to mean that since Waluigi is not gesturing at his junk, suddenly the game has no personality.
I mean basically that is the reason. It’s not as edgy as they remember that plus Paper Mario & the other Mario sports game in conjunction with the shadow council talk has made everyone assume the worst or just ignore reality.

I’m not seeing this available for download. Do you have to be a regular online member or the high end one?

I mean basically that is the reason. It’s not as edgy as they remember that plus Paper Mario & the other Mario sports game in conjunction with the shadow council talk has made everyone assume the worst or just ignore reality.
It still seems edgy, I feel like it's turning into "eating crackers" meme. The single player in Aces may not have been the RPG people wanted, but it had a ton of characters and courts and played great, And Waluigi now has an awesome new animation, but people want a crotch grab. It just seems silly.

And the still stand by that the shadow council part is tin foil hat nonsense. With Paper Mario, what he said is they had leeway with original characters. And of course, internal EPD can do what they want, and heck, Mario and Luigi had the same weird off center quirky designs as always until the end.

I’m not seeing this available for download. Do you have to be a regular online member or the high end one?
did you search for mario strikers on the eshop? it's not a regular demo downloadable from the game's page.

I went to the game first. Then I went to games with demos through the search function and didn’t see it.

"With online matches for the #MarioStrikers: Battle League First Kick demo event, you will be forming a team of up to four players from two #NintendoSwitch systems and a max of two players per console. Match up with random players, or play with friends on another system!"
I'm confused, so does that mean I can team up with my friend from somewhere else with their own switch and we can take on randoms together online?
Believe so, yeah. My concern with that wording is...am I limited to one friend? Why can't we do a team of four, each of us at home on our own Switch? I would assume there's no way the game itself has that restriction...

The game feels great to play so that's already a positive but I'm going to wait this one out to see what the content rollout is like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom