• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Mario Strikers: Battle League First Kick demo out now, post-launch content confirmed + opening movie, new gameplay and previews

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's way too early, but this game, like most Mario sports spinoff, will end up having a competiive scene. What do you think will be the standard for it, 1x1, 2x2 or 4x4?

Personally, considering the focus on captains, team-tackles and the online club mode, I'm hoping for 4x4.

It's way too early, but this game, like most Mario sports spinoff, will end up having a competiive scene. What do you think will be the standard for it, 1x1, 2x2 or 4x4?

Personally, considering the focus on captains, team-tackles and the online club mode, I'm hoping for 4x4.
I am in the Mario Strikers discord and tech is already being discovered.

I am in the Mario Strikers discord and tech is already being discovered.

I think I am on the same one actually. Through-balls and Team Tackles will open so many possibilities, really looking forward to the competitive scene.

Last edited:
Anyone got any neat discoveries/tips?

I've been messing around with through ball lobs while facing the wall/fence to set up first time perfect strikes in the centre of the pitch.

Hard to say how useful it is but I'm into the idea that there's a bunch of stuff you can do that isn't necessarily obvious at first glance. Team tackles in particular seem to have loads of potential.

Anyone got any neat discoveries/tips?

I've been messing around with through ball lobs while facing the wall/fence to set up first time perfect strikes in the centre of the pitch.

Hard to say how useful it is but I'm into the idea that there's a bunch of stuff you can do that isn't necessarily obvious at first glance. Team tackles in particular seem to have loads of potential.

With the focus on 4x4 I am thinking if a reasonable strategy will be to just put Bowser with a bunch of +Shooting +Technique Gear and leave him in the attack, lobbying balls to him the whole match.

Competitive Strikers will get very interesting.

With the focus on 4x4 I am thinking if a reasonable strategy will be to just put Bowser with a bunch of +Shooting +Technique Gear and leave him in the attack, lobbying balls to him the whole match.

Competitive Strikers will get very interesting.
Yeah that certainly sounds powerful.

I haven't had chance to practice aerial intercepting much yet but hopefully there'll be some counterplay via that route.

My picks for the post launch characters

Daisy
Diddy Kong
Bowser Jr
Koopa Trooper
Boo
Shy Guy
Pauline
Dry Bowser
E Gadd
Petey Piranha

Wondering if we will get more in-depth previews, I want to know how the 4x4 actually feels.

I reckon the embargo for reviews will come in 3 days before release, expect 80-85, most of the complaints about lack of control remapping , barebones single-player and reduced roster. Praise going to fast-paced gameplay and incredible animations.

I reckon the embargo for reviews will come in 3 days before release, expect 80-85, most of the complaints about lack of control remapping , barebones single-player and reduced roster. Praise going to fast-paced gameplay and incredible animations.
Woah 80-85? That will be pretty high considering that is a better score than GC Strikers and Strikers Charged which got 76 and 79 respectively.

Wondering if we will get more in-depth previews, I want to know how the 4x4 actually feels.

Which is an empty complait, simce the switch has native remapping

Woah 80-85? That will be pretty high considering that is a better score than GC Strikers and Strikers Charged which got 76 and 79 respectively.
And all of those reviewers should look back on their scores and realize how wrong they were.

Can't wait to see what some potential high level matches look like after players have practised chip set-ups the past 7 days.

I probably won't be able to play until the midday session tomorrow, but I'm excited about this game!

I hope multiplayer stays fun for more casual players. I'm already concerned about getting destroyed by people who are good at meta-tech lol

What’s the actual playtimes again? I don’t see the times in the OP.

What’s the actual playtimes again? I don’t see the times in the OP.

Friday, June 3
8:00-9:00pm PT

Saturday, June 4
4:00-5:00am PT
12:00-1:00pm PT
8:00-9:00pm PT

Sunday, June 5
4:00-5:00am PT
12:00-1:00pm PT

please continue the discussion here:

Status
Not open for further replies.