• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Mario Party Superstars |ST| Party Like It's 64

Ugh my copy is labeled as of yesterday but no tracking info. Hopefully it makes it next week

Mine too, but I just ordered a new copy for pickup in store and I’m gonna return the other one when I get it.
I thought about doing that but Age of Empires came out yesterday so that will keep me busy enough. Plus I probably wasn't going to meet up with my siblings this weekend and I'd rather play with them so I can wait a little longer anyway.

I like everything so far. The look of the game, the music, the minigames they put into it. The options you can choose like turning off bonus stars, make them random or the 3 classsical ones. It's nice too that they display from which entry a minigame is.

The more I hope for more boards.

I like everything so far. The look of the game, the music, the minigames they put into it. The options you can choose like turning off bonus stars, make them random or the 3 classsical ones. It's nice too that they display from which entry a minigame is.

The more I hope for more boards.
Yeah if they don't do DLC for this, it'd be a huge missed opportunity (so Ninty's online strategy in general lol). This game is so good.

Yeah if they don't do DLC for this, it'd be a huge missed opportunity (so Ninty's online strategy in general lol). This game is so good.
And there's still a big selection of N64 boards, not like only bad ones are left. Maybe they are gonna announce new boards exclusive for NSO expansion pack lol.

Is there any way to see the original visuals for the mini games? Or just the boards (not like entirely switch, just a little screenshot)

I can't say no to free tat so I've ordered the Amazon version with coasters and coffee cup.

So uh, I was playing with my sisters and eventually the online conked out on turn 12/15 with us disconnecting from each other. If that happens, are we basically unable to continue? Or is there a way to rejoin the room that we didn't immediately see?

It seemed like our games kicked in to offline mode on both of our machines.

Can you go with friends into quick matches like that or rooms only
With friends IRL? I think so because the games asks you how many players there are first, so I think you just pick 2 players for example and then go look for an online match.

As for friends online as in on multiple switches, I think you'd have to find each other in a room and then wait for randoms.

With friends IRL? I think so because the games asks you how many players there are first, so I think you just pick 2 players for example and then go look for an online match.

As for friends online as in on multiple switches, I think you'd have to find each other in a room and then I wait for randoms.
Ok thanks, do you get things for winning matches in rooms and in the pipe? Like does your rank go up or anything

Ok thanks, do you get things for winning matches in rooms and in the pipe? Like does your rank go up or anything
Wait scratch the first line of what I said, I just tested it out and if you pick online play it actually skips asking you how many players there are going to be, so playing with friends is likely just via rooms. Really need to test this out proper yet because it's kind of confusing tbh.

You get points for almost anything, online, offline, the sport mini-games like the MP4 volleyball one....haven't tested a room yet but would be weird if they excluded levelling up from that.

Edit: Ok tested the online stuff, if you want to play with friends IRL and with randoms online you need to create a room, then you can pick up to 3 players on the same system.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried out the N64 controller with this game? If so, does it work well? Want to relive that classic experience!

How does online play work in terms of rules like turn count and bonus stars? Can you set your preferred settings and then match up with others who want to play with the same settings?

Or is there just a default set of rules for online matchmaking?

Just like I figured. Many people are loving this game. You could see it. It’s not nostalgia speak. Those old games were legitimately great. Hudson Soft hit it out from the gate. ND Cube lost the way of what made Mario Party great.

I hope they learn from this. The board design is very important. The boards make a big difference. That’s half the game. Give people OPTIONS. Give more items. ND Cube makes very good mini games so there’s nothing they need to change on that front.

Played a match online and it was a lot of fun. I’m glad it has online with friends and random. I can understand why Nintendo was hesitant to add online because a 15 turn board with strangers is long and it’s not nearly as fun as with friends. But I am glad the option is there because it benefits us all in ten long run when playing with friends and if we don’t have a complete party.

They did it, they actually made the perfect Mario Party game. I'll definitely play some matches online when I get the chance.

Played a couple games and it's pretty good. The economy is meh but it's not horrible. It doesn't feel as bad as it did in Super Mario Party. Lucky spaces are a bit much especially when it seems like you can time it. They should disappear like vs spaces tbh.

Also, the computer cheats. They just have an unbelievable ability to land on hidden block spaces lol. That's all I'm saying on that. I'm not even mad, it's comical actually. It's also very rare for a star to be in em. I think I've seen about a dozen hidden blocks and only 1 has had a star.

Played a match online and it was a lot of fun. I’m glad it has online with friends and random. I can understand why Nintendo was hesitant to add online because a 15 turn board with strangers is long and it’s not nearly as fun as with friends. But I am glad the option is there because it benefits us all in ten long run when playing with friends and if we don’t have a complete party.

If anything, real people are a lot more interesting and unpredictable to play with, so still more fun than CPUs.

I think I'm in a match with someone trying to make a Luigi wins by doing nothing video lol, I hope this isn't going to become a thing.

I will say Bowser is downright mean. I don't think he was this cruel in the originals but maybe he was in the first Mario Party. The amount of stars he has taken in my games is glorious. It really makes me fear landing on his space.

Wait scratch the first line of what I said, I just tested it out and if you pick online play it actually skips asking you how many players there are going to be, so playing with friends is likely just via rooms. Really need to test this out proper yet because it's kind of confusing tbh.

You get points for almost anything, online, offline, the sport mini-games like the MP4 volleyball one....haven't tested a room yet but would be weird if they excluded levelling up from that.

Edit: Ok tested the online stuff, if you want to play with friends IRL and with randoms online you need to create a room, then you can pick up to 3 players on the same system.
Coming back to this, I don't think you can actually play with randoms while playing with friends, I don't see a way unless I'm missing something.

Is this game worth it playing solo and with randoms? Don’t think my friends are gonna pick this up. Maybe we can organize some Famiboards game nights?

I have a confession to make.

I’ve never played a Mario party game as any character but Yoshi. Only exception was Mario Party 4 single player mode to get all those cute gifts.

I’ve played a handful of games so far and I love it. Gonna play Horror Land with some friends on Sunday, so I haven’t played that yet, but the rest of the maps have been a blast. My least favorite so far is Peach’s Birthday Cake since that map had us rack up stars way too fast, and the star also doesn’t move and there’s no Boo on the map to steal stars from other people. Still a fun map if you’re looking for a game with lots of stars though.

This game is so, so good. I've been playing all day. Mario Party is back and I'm so happy!
That is all...

Last edited:
I wonder if they’ll take the Mario Tennis/Golf route here and add more characters and boards in updates.

Or even a paid expansion.

It’d be a shame to be like Super and just never get anything added.

I wonder if they’ll take the Mario Tennis/Golf route here and add more characters and boards in updates.

Or even a paid expansion.

It’d be a shame to be like Super and just never get anything added.
Unlike super(and Clubhouse) this has version numbers on the title screen, the in app purchase warning(which apply to actual money), and has had all the scrap data cleaned and some definite board slots open and a bunch of placeholders. Definitely a reason to hope

Back
Top Bottom