• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Mario Party Superstars |ST| Party Like It's 64

Is it just me or is it incredibly hard to find a 10 turn match with randoms? I tried it today twice because I didn't had that much time but wasn't able to get a game going.

15 turns however I find pretty much instantly.
15 is the recommendation for most of the boards so that's no surprise

you're probably not going to find too many public groups switching up the settings

This game is absolutely fantastic lol I've never owned a Mario Party game before but I played a 30 turn game last night with some friends online and laughed until my face actually ached haha it must have went on for 3-4 hours so quite a time sink, but online held up relatively well! Being able to bank 10 active games is a godsend.

Really my only complaint is no spectating if you have larger group going and maybe want to rotate game to game.

BTl9Kvu.jpg

45gMrr7.jpg

aaxgjQ8.jpg

oNgdhwB.jpg

Lh7FuPa.jpg

1IR4T48.jpg

God bless Nintendoware

How the hell are people doing 3 seconds on Pokey Pummel. I'm guessing Turbo Controller?

Is it just me or is it incredibly hard to find a 10 turn match with randoms? I tried it today twice because I didn't had that much time but wasn't able to get a game going.

15 turns however I find pretty much instantly.

I think most people don't even realise that there are custom options available, it's pretty hidden in the UI. Couldn't find anyone playing with the classic setting for the 3 stars at the end.

I am having a blast with this game. And it looks pretty great!

This game is so good. Best Mario Party. I hope they add more boards and even mini games in the future (and some new characters would be great too).

So I do have a nitpick. I wish I could hotkey the stickers. There’s so many and want to have easy access to my favorite ones.

I’m not a Mario Party fan (my kid makes me play), but I liked Super Mario Party a lot better than Mario Party Superstars. The mini games in Superstars are so much blander (even putting motion controls aside) and the boards are tedious (not that SMP’s we’re great, but at least the partner mode shook things up). The playable cast also suffers a tremendous downgrade as do the irregular mini games (sports, puzzles, etc.). I understand that much of the fan base is pleased to see a return to classic Mario Party, but it’s not for me.

The only unlockables are stickers/gallery stuff, right? I’m tempted to sell/trade this off and get SMP again.

Last edited:
Quoted by: em
I'm honestly having so much fun with this game — much more than any previous Mario Party. The online is especially what makes this great for me. I love the sticker commentary, and a legitimate reason to play it solo!

I do wish that it was the same online matchmaking for when you have multiple people on one console, although the discord is a fine workaround, but it's not ideal.

Hm I do think that if we’re getting any this year we’ll likely get a dlc announcement by the end of next week

dabaJFk.png

Not too serious but yeah. Mostly enjoying all the maps so far. Yoshi's is hilarious when things go awfully correct or wrong for players. Peach's Birthday Cake I was never a huge fan of in the original, and while it's much improved here, I'm still not a huge fan....feels like it needs an extra item shop at least.

Hoping they add more via DLC.
I don't understand how "fun but utter chaos" isn't your main criteria for being the best board tbh

What does the comparison show? I get the 2nd screenshots are from the Switch, but what is the first one?
Mario Party 10 on the Wii U, where all these minigames are from.

So if I want to play with friends and randoms at the same time I make an open room then invite friends to the room and just wait for a random to come in?

I think my ranking of the boards from best to "worst" is

Horror Land
Space Land
Woody Woods
Peach's Birthday Cake
Yoshi's Tropical Island

I think both PBC and YTI are vastly improved from how they are in MP1, but I feel like they're both focused on gimmicks that latter MPs did a lot better.

I think my ranking of the boards from best to "worst" is

Horror Land
Space Land
Woody Woods
Peach's Birthday Cake
Yoshi's Tropical Island

I think both PBC and YTI are vastly improved from how they are in MP1, but I feel like they're both focused on gimmicks that latter MPs did a lot better.
I hear the thing with PBC is you have to do a full length game with it to make the mechanics interesting

Online works very well indeed.....just scored 90 in trace race (probably my highest)....but ended up 2nd in coin battle with 58 coins while the 1st place got 60 coins.

This game is so good - probably not a stretch to say the best Mario Party game I’ve played. I just wish there was an option for costumes that 2 has for the 2 Boards! I loved that stupid feature haha

I wished the Lucky Spaces would disappear. Forget making VS spaces disappear. It would be much better if the LS went away instead.

Also, I wished there were more items like Boo repellant, reverse mushroom and even the phone. Items should be priced a little bit higher.

I’m not a Mario Party fan (my kid makes me play), but I liked Super Mario Party a lot better than Mario Party Superstars. The mini games in Superstars are so much blander (even putting motion controls aside) and the boards are tedious (not that SMP’s we’re great, but at least the partner mode shook things up). The playable cast also suffers a tremendous downgrade as do the irregular mini games (sports, puzzles, etc.). I understand that much of the fan base is pleased to see a return to classic Mario Party, but it’s not for me.

The only unlockables are stickers/gallery stuff, right? I’m tempted to sell/trade this off and get SMP again.

Replying to myself, but I’m reminded that SMP is docked/table-only due to the reliance on single-joycon play. That game really needed a patch to allow for handheld mode (even if that means using the touchscreen, as in Clubhouse Games).

What’s the current suggestion for the high score achievement? Or do I need to cheese it with my controller with turbo

What’s the current suggestion for the high score achievement? Or do I need to cheese it with my controller with turbo
You mean the top 1000 achievement?
I think slot cars right now is the easiest to get, all you need to do is select the first or second track and on the first lap you will never spin off no matter how fast you go.

You mean the top 1000 achievement?
I think slot cars right now is the easiest to get, all you need to do is select the first or second track and on the first lap you will never spin off no matter how fast you go.
Wound up doing it on block puzzle

They need to update the Party Level cap. It took me less than a week to reach Lv. 99

Played a game earlier where I got a Gold Pipe before anyone else on Woody's Woods, was practically cackling with glee at the prospect of using it

Last five turns hit: being last, Rosalina was given an item, the one that let's you steal someone else's item. She fucking took my Gold Pipe and used it herself.

But here's the real kicker: on her following turn, Rosalina landed on a Chance Time space, which forced her to switch Stars with me. Since I was at 2 and she was at 3, I was basically given back that Gold Pipe Star. I still lost the game (did beat Rosalina, though) but I consider myself a winner just because of that sequence lol

I don't think it's possible to lose as the skater in Pirannha Pursuit lol. I remember it being a lot harder in the original.

Sold my copy of Superstars and went back to Super Mario Party. The mini games and partner party in SMP make for a much more enjoyable experience, even if joycons are required.

I don't think it's possible to lose as the skater in Pirannha Pursuit lol. I remember it being a lot harder in the original.
That was always heavily biased towards the skater. Honestly, I'm not sure if there were any fair 1v3 minigames from the original Mario Party other than the two stick rotation ones.

Last five turns hit: being last, Rosalina was given an item, the one that let's you steal someone else's item. She fucking took my Gold Pipe and used it herself.

I'm pretty sure this can actually pick anyone. Twice now I've had the player in second be given a Boo Bell just so they could steal my star.

Back
Top Bottom