• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Mario & Luigi Brothership announced for Nintendo Switch, coming November 7th

i've never played a Mario and Luigi game before but would I be correct in assuming those two are the only party members you get in the game?

kinda kills it for me if so(although honestly the graphical style kinda does too a little bit)

Rewatching the trailer, there is no way Shimomura is doing the music for this

Honestly sounds pretty generic. I'm sad now, I can't believe they didn't get her for this.

Was someone actually expecting the return of this? Because I certainly wasn't.

I mean, I kinda saw Nintendo releasing a collection of the 3DS games but not a brand new entry. Looks pretty great and I'm glad the series is not dead.

Rewatching the trailer, there is no way Shimomura is doing the music for this

Honestly sounds pretty generic. I'm sad now, I can't believe they didn't get her for this.

This is one of the first things I noticed even tho I was hyping. It did sounds pretty generic and it just doesn't sound like M&L at all.

s0zzzcdhejqc1.jpeg

IT LIVES, HOLY FUCK IT LIVES.
I can’t believe it the best mario rpg series is getting a brand new title.
Bless the good souls who took the franchise from the dying hands of alphadream

Wow this is truly unexpected, who the hell is developing.

Should've been called Brother Ship and feature a Mario-faced airship though.

Biggest suprise for sure. Wowee Zowee it looks good too. Much better then the ho-hum crossover that Paper Jam was.

really hope at least some of the people responsible for the writing and story in alphadream games are involved. the humor in those games was so good and on point. bowser's inside story is one of the funniest games ever made.

You know, on first look I wasn't too sure but having watched the trailer again I've changed my mind. I think it looks sick tbh.

This looks fantastic. Genuinely wiped away all my fears with one trailer. Unique characters, interesting enemies, looks like a new villain. Starlow is gone. Perfect 6th game in the Mario & Luigi series

Looked really nice, the combat footage especially looked very good. Music does sound generic though but maybe it's just the trailer.

i've never played a Mario and Luigi game before but would I be correct in assuming those two are the only party members you get in the game?

kinda kills it for me if so(although honestly the graphical style kinda does too a little bit)
Yeah there's typically only Mario and Luigi. There are 2 other games where there are more party members - Partners In Time has Baby Mario and Baby Luigi and Paper Jam has Paper Mario... But typically you don't get more party members. Instead of party members, Mario and Luigi both get special techniques each major location which adds traversal and attacks to their arsenal. What they can do by the end of the game gets pretty diverse for just 2 characters. As for the art style... That's how the games have looked for years, just it was all sprites. It's exactly what people wanted so you're kinda alone here.

We Are So Back!!!

As a fan of the Mario RPGs, I have been feasting. Two incredible remakes, and now Mario & Luigi is back with a new game? And it looks so good?? The bros are teaming up for even basic attacks! The combat looks even more stylish than usual! The 3D looks great and is already proving to be to the benefit of the game's cutscenes! Kevin Afghani is getting to flex his Mario and Luigi performances, which is something I loved with Martinet's job for the older titles! I am extremely excited.

The big question here is who is the developer, something we probably won't know about until launch. The sound design and the feel seem pretty on-point from the 3DS titles. Either they got some of the staff/creatives back, or this is a dang good facsimile.

Majority of the characters are just a bunch of fuckin’ weirdos, ugh we’re so back!!

Rewatching the trailer, I’m already completely accustomed to the 3D translation of the style. The squash-and-stretch is immaculate. Everything is hitting for me right now.

Last edited:
Shimomura tweeted about another game in the direct and not this, not looking good for her involvement :(

Other than that, this looks incredible!! Mandate seems dead and buried at this point, look at all the OCs!!!❤️❤️❤️

Man I missed the QTE battles of M&L series soooo much. Very happy for its return and now it has "too much water"!

Don't get some of the complaints I've seen about the game's look. It looks beautiful and captures the M&L spirit perfectly
doesn't it look like the like art from the boxarts of these games?

There were a little jagged edges here and there it seemed but I'm not a stickler for graphics.

It looks like a game that's better played handheld.
Smaller screen, a bit lower res, things blend better, characters and text look more proportional in comparison to screen size.

Fits the gameplay and artstyle as well, cosying up with the game in your hands. Same with the new Zelda.

It's one of the Switch's hidden assets IMO, that games can be either TV scale or handheld scale (or somewhere inbetween).
Anyway game looks promising, excited!

It's so clearly following the visual design of the other games I first thought it was a Superstar Saga remake. :p

Don't get some of the complaints I've seen about the game's look. It looks beautiful and captures the M&L spirit perfectly
The second I saw the character models at the very beginning, I thought M&L. Which is a testament to how well it captures the look of the series’ official art. I think it looks awesome!

Wonder who is developing, excited to try Mario & Luigi but I'm pretty burnt out of Mario RPGs, Nintendo needed to space these out better.

Honestly not a fan of the art style looks kind of cheap. Hope it's significantly better than Dream Team and Paper Jam tho.

Kinda mixed on the visuals. The game paradoxically looks really clean and kind of ugly at the same time. Some of the animations are really swift and smooth and I love how stretchy Mario and Luigi get, but the bros look kinda... polygonal? Something about the shadows and outline looks pretty rough. I'm guessing the video's compression is big contributor to this feeling, though.

Back
Top Bottom