• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
? Wave 2 dropped at 10AM EST
But Wave 1? Seeing everyone getting it early while having to wait in North America? That was torture.
I’m just poking fun at how both Wave 1 and Wave 2 both had substantial leaks contained in them. I’m quite content with just Wave 3 at the moment.
Haha, yeah, very true. Let me not look like I'm specifically calling you out or anything like that. But it is true that speculation did become one of the big facets of this thread, which I didn't expect going into this! Very different vibe.

My wife says I can't play the new tracks until she gets home from work so I'll probably just listen to the new music until tomorrow night

Happy 72 tracks in Mario Kart 8 day! Wishing us all a very Merry Mountain!

So excited for Rock Rock Mountain and Maple Treeway!

As excited as I am for new content, I'm probably just as excited to see what patch notes accompany it. Hopefully there's more graphical touchups to the previous waves coming again.
I forgot they also have patches! Hoping for graphical upgrades as well, and more options 🤡

I'm at work rn but I'm eager to listen to the new music! Hopefully it will be uploaded soon

Has yet to start downloading for me. Claiming I’m still using the latest version.

Thought Smash was the last time I’d ever have to deal with this nonsense. Oh well.

EDIT: There we go.

Maybe I’m imaging things, but the gliding in Rock Rock Mountain feels significantly more free than it did in MK7. Don’t remember being able to glide this far.

Was able to cut a lot of track off by using a mushroom during the final glide. Cool stuff.

Well this is new. In the VS Menu, there is now a menu and you can switch off any item there!

super-troopers-mother-of-god.gif

Well this is new. In the VS Menu, there is now a menu and you can switch off any item there!

I just took a peek at it, it’s even cooler than the screenshot suggests. If you are playing a team game you can shut off individual items per team!

Like Blue Team could have only shells while Red Team only has bananas for example. This is going to be wild!!

Wigglers got nerfed.

Crying in the club over here.
I expected that. In MK8 track hazards/enemies usually are way less difficult to handle compared to previous Mariokarts. I think it is by design. One of my few personal complaints of the game.

After the data change on Mario and Peach skins and this random item update, I'm sure we'll get some new characters or skins before the booster pass ends.

Quoted by: Tye
This is my favorite wave to date. Every track is a huge hit in my book and translate wonderfully to Mario Kart 8. I was feeling eh on new city courses and they were cool. Merry Mountain was cool. All the retros are fantastic here. I’ve been historically down on Mario Kart 7’s Rainbow Road but it is brilliant here.

The item screen update is the true megaton and I can’t wait to explore it more later today.

London Loop has a good collection of sights. Not just traditional stuff like tube stations, Tower Bridge and Buckingham Palace, but modern stuff like Gherkin, the Walkie Talkie and the Testicle. There's even a red route at one point.

Also, is this what the kids call 60 fps? I'm starting to see the appeal.

This is my favorite wave to date. Every track is a huge hit in my book and translate wonderfully to Mario Kart 8. I was feeling eh on new city courses and they were cool. Merry Mountain was cool. All the retros are fantastic here. I’ve been historically down on Mario Kart 7’s Rainbow Road but it is brilliant here.

The item screen update is the true megaton and I can’t wait to explore it more later today.
this update has me thinking maybe I don't need mk9 for another 5 years lmao

Getting hit by lightning while gliding no longer knocks you out of the glider.
ooooh that's nice, thanks!

Do we know if there are any other smaller adjustments to the game yet? Like the little updates they had for the previous waves?

Anyone checked Sky-High Sundae yet? I wanna know if they fixed the anti-gravity and/or altered the camera for some jumps.

Another good wave based on initial impressions. Not my favourite though. Berlin Byways is a stinker imo. Sydney is still my favourite Tour track by far. Aerial Ascent is a bit boring. Too much time airborn. Boo Lake is awesome, really like Peach Gardens and 3DS Rainbow Road. The others are good too. Just need to learn them.

Back
Top Bottom