• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
Since when do reviews reduce the chance of an announcement?
Why would you put out two things at the same time? It divides focus. If people are supposed to hear in an hour “yo Xenoblade is awesome and you should buy it on Friday” and they put out the Mario Kart tracks the latter with its 40 million plus players and fans would drown it out.

Is there any reason why people were expecting an announcement today? Always figured Wednesday or Thursday were the days to watch this week.

Is there any reason why people were expecting an announcement today? Always figured Wednesday or Thursday were the days to watch this week.
A combination of Tuesday is big news day, there was some Mario Kart eshop promotion, and people wanted there to be more than Xenoblade reviews. That’s about it.

Was never happening today.

I think first week has a small chance of announcement, but Pokemon is seemingly up first. I’m leaning against a first week release.
Yep, it's probably better suited to the Direct thread, but I think it's pretty easy to predict August:

Week 1: Pokémon trailer for preorders
Week 2: Splatoon 3 Direct?
Week 3: Wave 2
Week 4: Kirby's Dream Buffet let's gooo

Yep, it's probably better suited to the Direct thread, but I think it's pretty easy to predict August:

Week 1: Pokémon trailer for preorders
Week 2: Splatoon 3 Direct?
Week 3: Wave 2
Week 4: Kirby's Dream Buffet let's gooo
I could easily see that as the month. Somewhere in there is likely an Indie World, but the last one came quite late so it might not make August.

It's either a reveal this week for a release next week, or it's late August. Just don't see there being room for an announcement with the likely Pokemon and Splatoon presentations over the next couple weeks.

It's either a reveal this week for a release next week, or it's late August. Just don't see there being room for an announcement with the likely Pokemon and Splatoon presentations over the next couple weeks.
I guess August 19 is late August, sure

I guess August 19 is late August, sure
I'm anticipating a week between reveal and release, so I've got the 3rd week of August off the table. Would probably put Kirby there (which they have shadowdropped in the past), and Mario Kart week 4.

Hell, at that point they might just wait for September if they've got a big direct in the works.

Splatoon presentation will probably be followed by something to play, but a Pokémon presentation won't, it doesn't conflict with a dlc release* unless you spend all your time talking about games on forums

Either way I'd be surprised if it's not out before Obon on the 13th. Perhaps all the subsequent releases will be aligned with the holidays of Obon, Easter and Game-Awardsmas.

*Thinking again, if it's a larger scope Pokémon direct instead of just for Scarlet& Violet, there might well be new stuff to play that week.

Last edited:
For somebody who is expecting something Mario Kart news since the beginning of June, this wait is the worst. Third week of August? I've already been waiting too long it feels like. But well, who knows. Just makes me sad to see everybody getting news of their most anticipated thing, yet here we are, waiting to hear something about Mario Kart for the first time since March (!)

Surely Wednesday or Thursday are still in play for an announcement, no? I get the Xenoblade 3 focus all week sentiment, but I feel like they've surprised us before by jamming things together. I don't think an announcement is that out of the question.

Surely Wednesday or Thursday are still in play for an announcement, no? I get the Xenoblade 3 focus all week sentiment, but I feel like they've surprised us before by jamming things together. I don't think an announcement is that out of the question.
I have some hope for tomorrow, not much hope but it is more than no hope.

The release date of Wave 2:
Eventually...

Last edited:
I'll bet a week's ban that the next wave is available to download on Thursday 7/28 or Friday 7/29.

Mods, feel free to ban me for a week if that doesn't happen. Hell, change my handle to Wronger Wrabbit if you like.

I'll bet a week's ban that the next wave is available to download on Thursday 7/28 or Friday 7/29.

Mods, feel free to ban me for a week if that doesn't happen. Hell, change my handle to Wronger Wrabbit if you like.
why would you do this to yourself

it's gonna be August 19, bookmark this post

heh heh heh…

𝐰𝐞𝐝𝐧𝐚𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲 my dodes

y’uoure gonna like it . . . |:—)

For the first wave they did a weird thing where the patch dropped early, but the courses didn’t unlock for a bit. Wonder if that explains the weird time.

I’m most leaning towards this is regular maintenance, but I’ve been ready since June so earlier the better :)

For the first wave they did a weird thing where the patch dropped early, but the courses didn’t unlock for a bit. Wonder if that explains the weird time.

I’m most leaning towards this is regular maintenance, but I’ve been ready since June so earlier the better :)
It’s not the usual 9PM, however, SMM2 had an update with maintenance that lined up at this time, mind you, that was the only exception to the 9PM rule, and also, there’s a lot of Nintendo titles getting maintenance this week, some that are DEFINITELY not receiving updates anytime soon

I really like Daisy Cruisers new aesthetics. I actually think it’s remade with MK8DX in mind, if I see the little updates compared to MK7.

best case is probably announcement trailer today or tomorrow and release next week. makes sense to milk some buzz and not just drop it out of nowhere.

If they want to get all the tracks out by late 2023 then future releases need to start coming closer together.
Wave 2 is seemingly destined to be the largest gap between waves thankfully, but it’s not terribly dramatic yet either despite it feeling extra bad. Say Wave 2 is August we’ll have August > December > April > August > December for four months apart releases for Waves 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6.

Wave 2 is seemingly destined to be the largest gap between waves thankfully, but it’s not terribly dramatic yet either despite it feeling extra bad. Say Wave 2 is August we’ll have August > December > April > August > December for four months apart releases for Waves 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6.
When I heard by the end of 2023, I didn't really expect the last wave to be out literally during the very last month of 2023...

Back
Top Bottom