• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
that's the current thinking, yep

that's why I expect Wave 2 on the 19th
I think they’ll show it off for the Booster Pass first since it would get way more eyes on it and hype there as an all new course. Definitely possible it’s in Tour first though.

I think they’ll show it off for the Booster Pass first since it would get way more eyes on it and hype there as an all new course. Definitely possible it’s in Tour first though.
I'm definitely down with this line of thinking, too. It would be kinda weird to add a track to 8 before it gets into Tour

Last edited:
There’s still a nonzero chance of a late night drop tonight like the SMM2 World update due to the odd maintenance timing tonight, isn’t there?
Mario Kart isn't the only game getting maintenance today. It was never going to come out today anyways, they're not going to shadowdrop Mario Kart of all things when Mario Strikers and Nintendo Switch Sports were given a weeks notice.

wait, so are we really getting the new trakcs DLC in August? :|
Well, unless you think we're getting them shadowdropped later today, released tomorrow, or put out the same day as Xenoblade 3...well, we don't exactly have any days left in July to release the tracks in, sadly.

Tour taking the priority over MK8DX? I'd like the expert to weigh in but they didn't wait for Coconut Mall to be in Tour to announce wave 1.
Because that isn't a Tour original track so it counts as a retro track whereas the Ice Cream track has not been introduced into Tour yet so can't be considered a retro track and the Booster Course Pass was advertised as remastered courses from past Mario Kart games so it has to be in Tour first.

Because that isn't a Tour original track so it counts as a retro track whereas the Ice Cream track has not been introduced into Tour yet so can't be considered a retro track and the Booster Course Pass was advertised as remastered courses from past Mario Kart games so it has to be in Tour first.
It makes a certain kind of sense but it's a lot of assumption still. From what we've seen these original tracks not even considered Tour retro tracks in MK8DX so not sure if that reasoning works.

Tour taking the priority over MK8DX? I'd like the expert to weigh in but they didn't wait for Coconut Mall to be in Tour to announce wave 1.
Think less "Coconut Mall, a retro course, was announced for Tour later" and more "Ninja Hideaway, a new course, was released in the BCP and in Tour around the same time."

Actually, let's try to use the data to estimate things. Wave 1 of the Booster Course Pass was released on Friday, March 18th. Ninja Hideaway would come [EDIT: as in being rereleased, as someone pointed out, but I'm still gonna follow this logic] to Tour the following Tuesday, March 22nd. If we believe the pattern will hold for the new course supposedly coming to the next Tour, and given the release dates we have...
It's coming.

...then the release date of Wave 2 should be next Friday, August 5th.

Last edited:
It’s such a Nintendo thing that even the safest bet for this summer, the one thing we were so sure about (getting wave 2 this June/July) doesn’t come true lol.

Think less "Coconut Mall, a retro course, was announced for Tour later" and more "Ninja Hideaway, a new course, was released in the BCP and in Tour around the same time."
Well Ninja Hideaway is from March 2021 and was a year old when Wave 1 released but the Samurai Tour was cross promotion as the big return for Ninja Hideaway after several months at that point and advertised the Booster Course Pass inside Mario Kart Tour by saying how you could also play Ninja Hideaway in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Well Ninja Hideaway is from March 2021 and was a year old when Wave 1 released but the Samurai Tour was cross promotion as the big return for Ninja Hideaway after several months at that point and advertised the Booster Course Pass inside Mario Kart Tour by saying how you could also play Ninja Hideaway in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
At this point, I don't think Nintendo waits that long. I still think the best strategy would be to do what I described. Assuming they need the new course playable in Tour first, at most maybe we give it two weeks after the tour? Otherwise this ain't coming out for months, and they'd be ridiculous to do that.

...right?

RIGHT???

nodding-jacknicholso.gif
Tomorrow is the day.

This is fucking agonizing, I can’t believe them waiting for September actually seems plausible, y’know, the timeframe we originally expected to see wave 3?!

Considering Nintendo couldn’t even get a collection of Tour tracks ported to 8DX before at the very least, AUGUST, it’s no surprise we couldn’t get a General Direct this Summer, they really only had breadcrumbs to show. (Oh my God the Partner Showcase was already almost a month ago)

Considering Nintendo couldn’t even get a collection of Tour tracks ported to 8DX before at the very least, AUGUST

This might be a controversial opinion, but Nintendo's general output has been smashed due to COVID over the last couple years. Like, they are one of the best run, most profitable entertainment companies in the world, yet it took them over a year to transition to WFH in earnest. Lots of extenuating circumstances about chip shortages, lacking infrastructure, security assessments, culture shock (especially for Japan) etc. I'm still not certain they are operating at 100% now, so it will be interesting to see when the general pipeline hits its stride again.

Could be completely wrong and they are just sitting on things in case other future global catastrophes / supply-chain nightmares arising...

What if…

-Thursday, August 4, new Tour announced with the new track.
-Either Friday, August 5, or Monday, August 8 DLC pack 2 trailer, “that new track is also coming to MK8DX!!”
-The new track releases simultaniously on Wednesday, August 10, at least in CEST, in Mario Kart Tour and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Also, if Sydney Sprint is in, then I predict Sydney Sprint 3 to be part of the next tour too, just like Singapore Speedway 2 was this tour.

What if…

-Thursday, August 4, new Tour announced with the new track.
-Either Friday, August 5, or Monday, August 8 DLC pack 2 trailer, “that new track is also coming to MK8DX!!”
-The new track releases simultaniously on Wednesday, August 10, at least in CEST, in Mario Kart Tour and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Also, if Sydney Sprint is in, then I predict Sydney Sprint 3 to be part of the next tour too, just like Singapore Speedway 2 was this tour.
I'd be surprised to see Wave 2 release on not a Friday, but I could see something like this happening, just with Wave 2 releasing a little before or after the new Tour.

This might be a controversial opinion, but Nintendo's general output has been smashed due to COVID over the last couple years. Like, they are one of the best run, most profitable entertainment companies in the world, yet it took them over a year to transition to WFH in earnest. Lots of extenuating circumstances about chip shortages, lacking infrastructure, security assessments, culture shock (especially for Japan) etc. I'm still not certain they are operating at 100% now, so it will be interesting to see when the general pipeline hits its stride again.

Could be completely wrong and they are just sitting on things in case other future global catastrophes / supply-chain nightmares arising...
The rate of exclusives in 2022 is on par, if not better, than 2019. Nintendo’s general output is as strong as ever right now.

Waluigi Pinball yeah !

Though wanted GBA Rainbow Road, guess I need to wait a little more :(

Can someone post again the datamine list? Its clearly the ??? Circuits will be new ones like the ice cream one.

I wonder if Sky High Sundae has been finished in Tour for while but hasn't been released yet.

Edit: actually it has anti-grav sections so maybe not?

Very happy that we got a new original track in this wave! Also happy for Mushroom Gorge and Waluigi Pinball. Not so happy with the rest tbh, maybe the Tour tracks will be good, I haven’t played those.

fywwlnyxoaqlsombzjqn.jpeg

Turnip Cup
  • New York Minute (Tour)
  • Mario Circuit 3 (SNES)
  • Kalimari Desert (N64)
  • Waluigi Pinball (DS)

Propellor Cup
  • Sydney Spring (Tour)
  • Snow Land (GBA)
  • Mushroom Gorge (Wii)
  • Sky-High Sundae (new track)

Last edited:
Nice, finally. I'm glad the trailer dropped before Xenoblade release so we don't have complainers tomorrow on Nintendo's twitter lol.

For the Tour players, are the NY and Sydney ones fun?

Back
Top Bottom