• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Manga |ST| Jump In!

enempi

Piranha Plant
Pronouns
He/Him
Manga |ST| Jump In!

(Banner goes here - accepting submissions!)
Welcome to the Manga ST! This is a thread for the discussion of manga. You can also discuss webtoons or anything else related. Share your reactions to recent releases, your recommendations, or just chat about upcoming releases or whatever else you've been reading.

General Guidelines
  • Do not share or request links to scanlations.
  • Do not post NSFW images (discussion of NSFW series is fine).
  • Hiding spoilers is not required, but use best judgment.
  • Be nice and have fun!

Posting Guide

If you want to share your reaction to something you read, please mark the series and chapter/volume you're discussing in bold so that it is clear to someone reading the thread what you are posting about. You can use this format:

Naruto 150

Woah, I can't believe Naruto did that thing! This was a great chapter!

It is not required to hide spoilers. New chapters of Jump series come out around 11am ET on Sundays and are fair game after that. However, please use your best judgment and try to be conscious of slower readers. You should definitely hide major plot details behind spoiler tags especially if the chapter just came out. If you're just reacting to the chapter and not discussing specific details, you don't need to use spoiler tags.

Where to Start

So, you want to start reading manga? Or maybe you used to read some manga a while ago and you want to get back into it. Thankfully it is easier than ever to get your hands on licensed official releases in America. While there are a lot of digital services out there, the two main ones are the Shonen Jump app and Comixology.

Shonen Jump - You might remember the big phonebook sized magazine from when you were younger. I used to love coming home from school and seeing that in the mail! Now Shonen Jump in America has gone full digital with an iOS and Android app as well as a web reader. For a measly $2 a month, you get access to (more or less) the entire Shonen Jump vault. This is probably the best deal in manga, but is of course limited to Jump series. There are some notable exceptions for some series that are owned by Viz by not available on the app (no one really knows why) - Yu Yu Hakusho, Hunter x Hunter, and Kaguya-sama: Love is War are the ones that come to mind. There are also a couple series that are deemed 18+ and are only available on the web reader, and are not viewable in the iOS and Android apps. The notable ones are Golden Kamuy, Ayakashi Triangle, and Dandadan. It's also worth pointing out that the $2 subscription is not strictly needed if you just want to keep up with the latest releases, as the newest 3 chapters of every series are available for free.

Comixology - If you want to read series other than what's in Shonen Jump the legal way, Comixology is probably your best bet. Unfortunately, you are probably looking at buying volumes a la carte which can get expensive especially compared to what you get with the SJ subscription. Fortunately Comixology has frequent sales so you can usually get what you want for fairly cheap if you are patient. Comixology also has their own subscription service called Comixology Unlimited. However this is not like the SJ subscription where you get access to a massive vault of material. There are only a handful of series that are fully available as part of the subscription (Shaman King, Initial D, Chihayafuru, probably some others), then there are some series that simulpub new releases but not all back chapters are included with the subscription (Grand Blue Dreaming), and then there are many series where maybe the first volume or two are included as part of the subscription but nothing else. You also get a 10% discount on other purchases. It's very clearly intended to try and hook readers on a new series rather than the SJ model of giving you access to everything, but CU could still be worth it depending on what you read.

There are many other digital manga services these days. I have checked out a few of them but have not been too impressed, they are usually just as expensive as Comixology or if it's subscription based then then the chapters available are very far behind. If anyone has had a good experience with another service and wants to include it in the ST, let me know!

Community Recommendations

As the Famiboards Manga community develops, we can figure out the best usage of this space. Maybe that looks like a montly or bi-monthly recommended series voted on by the community, or simply just a list of links to longer form reviews and recommendations that members post in this thread. I'm open to ideas. We can see where the discussion takes us and how the community develops!

If anyone wants to add anything to the ST or has any suggestions please let me know and I'd be happy to add it. Also if we have any creative types who can make a cool banner for the thread that would be awesome! I would also love it if we came up with a clever title for the ST - "Jump In"! was just the only thing I could think of that was somewhat related to Shonen Jump šŸ˜‚

I'll kick this thread off and start with my own reactions to last week's Jump releases that I read, and some small thoughts on each series in general since this is the start of the discussion. Lately I have been just reading Jump weekly releases and kind of slacking on my other stuff I have on Comixology. I just started Cardcaptor Sakura though which I'm excited to read through!

Jujutsu Kaisen 162

Fun action focused chapter. Seems like we are finally kicking off the culling game in earnest after a bit of lull when the Shibuya Incident Arc ended. I definitely lost a little bit of interest in this series after things cooled down following the Shibuya Incident Arc, and a lot of the main characters took a backseat. Still waiting for Kugisaki to come back! Feels like she's been missing from the pages forever.

Spy x Family 54

Anya is just the best, loved watching her plan "come together". The way this series flawlessly juggles action, comedy, and heartfelt moments is so good. Consistently one of the best series I read, everyone should be reading it! I'm guessing after this arc wraps up we will get a reset back to the calmer status quo and maybe some more school stuff with Anya.

Choujin X 11

Scary baseball man is here! Wonder if we are going to see Ely and Tokio in a real fight. I half suspect the baseball guy is gonna realize the error of his ways and form a trio with the other protags. This is a fun series and the art is great.

Blue Box 25

Chinatsu comforting sick Taiki is just :cry: I love this series so much, it's so cute and wholesome. I love that Taiki is not your typical romcom male protag dunce. I know some people wish there was more sports involved but I don't mind it being more of a backdrop. Still wondering how the clearly hinted at love triangle is going to develop. As always some fantastic art in this chapter!I think we are getting a color page next chapter.

The Elusive Samurai 36

Welp, basically it played out how you would expect. I've been reading this series from the start, and there are some cute character interactions and the a lot of lovely unique and expressive characters, but it just hasn't done a lot for me. Maybe I just don't find the setting particularly interesting. I feel like nothing ever really happens.

Neru: Way of the Martial Artist 14

I do like this series but I'm trying to not get too attached since it has consistently ranked low and is a pretty likely candidate to get the axe. Still a very fun martial arts series with some great art and a very "old school" feel. I think this upcoming 2v2 fight is going to make or break the series. There was a lot of great martial arts spreads in the first couple chapters so this fight really has the potential to be really cool and give us some great art.

The Hunters Guild: Red Hood 15

When the name of the series is "The Hunters Guild", someone in the chapter says "The Hunters guild is dead", and the series has ranked consistently low...welp, it's dead. The latest chapter was just strange, it did the thing Candy Flurry did right before it got cancelled and just had the big bad show up at the good guy HQ for a sudden final confrontation. Feels like someone told the author he needs to get to his ending now if he wants to tell it. Kind of a bummer since the initial premise was pretty interesting, but the training arc was way too long and boring and it just felt like this series could never hit its stride.

PPPPPP 5

I don't like this series. The art is rough and the premise is pretty uninteresting to me. But hey, it's new so I'll read it. I don't expect this one to last very long.

That's all for me this week!

EDIT: Oh man, how could I forget about my current favorite series...

Dandadan 29

This series just keeps killing it with each new addition to the cast. Jiji is great, and the love triangle is obviously a red herring so I'm curious what they are going to do with him. I'm guessing he has a more serious side we might see. Similar to what I said about Spy x Family, the way this series juggles action, comedy, and emotion is second to none. Even in the slower chapters like this one it's just such a joy to read and the art is always great. Never boring. Really excited to see what the next arc is going to involve. Everyone, please read this series if you aren't already!

Last edited:
Just gonna plug for Golden Kamuy here because it's great more people should read it.
golden-kamuy.jpg

But hooray, glad to see a manga thread here

Just gonna plug for Golden Kamuy here because it's great more people should read it.
golden-kamuy.jpg

I really need to read this. I started it once but got distracted and didn't get very far despite enjoying it. It's definitely a bummer it's only available on the Shonen Jump web reader and not the app since I do most of my reading on my phone. It makes it harder to keep track of which chapter you stopped at, I wish they would add stuff like that to the web reader.

Don't really read much manga these days, still slogging along with Ippo, Kingdom and One piece but most scans these days seem to be web stuff about Mount Hua lol.

Wohoo, good thread! I don't read weekly but i have been following the Viz hardcover versions of FMAfor the last few years, I don't think much needs said about that. Also, a series called The Girl From the Other Side, by Nagabe which is out under seven seas iirc, it's gorgeous

edea6729b0c4917f9d5d6ad4c1d244b60151ebe4_hq.jpg

And I'm also a few volumes into reading Monster by Urasawa for the first time. I really really like it, the writing is very strong and gives you a lot to think about book to book. 20th Century Boys is my favorite manga for sure and this has been pushing a lot of the same buttons.

I really need to read this. I started it once but got distracted and didn't get very far despite enjoying it. It's definitely a bummer it's only available on the Shonen Jump web reader and not the app since I do most of my reading on my phone. It makes it harder to keep track of which chapter you stopped at, I wish they would add stuff like that to the web reader.
It's so good. The last arc is currently ongoing, and it bugs me that a series this great is ending while getting so little attention outside of Japan

I do weekly jump stuff. Hoping Neru manages to avoid the ax for a bit, if trash like Roboco and agravity boys can/could well well see what happens

I do weekly jump stuff. Hoping Neru manages to avoid the ax for a bit, if trash like Roboco and agravity boys can/could well well see what happens
I don't get why Doctor Stone has lasted as long as it has. It's the same thing each arc. Make a new tech in a few panels and pour the solution on to people when they get stoned again.

I'd also say My hero went off the rails and became deathly dull but I'm not brave enough,.

Never read a manga until last year. Got the akira and naussica box sets. Iā€™m halfway through naussica now. Just amazing. Beautiful detailed artwork.

The only thing that gives me hope for Neru is that itā€™s been kind of trucking along at itā€™s own pace doing itā€™s own thing. Where Red Hood has clearly entered turbo wrap up the story mode. Itā€™s definitely getting the axe. I donā€™t want to hold out hope Neru will stick around though since itā€™s consistently ranked poorly. I just got burned by Nine Dragons Ball Parade šŸ„²
I don't get why Doctor Stone has lasted as long as it has. It's the same thing each arc. Make a new tech in a few panels and pour the solution on to people when they get stoned again.

I'd also say My hero went off the rails and became deathly dull but I'm not brave enough,.
I read like 60-70 chapters of Dr Stone and dropped it for this exact reason. It was fun at first but itā€™s like you say very formulaic, and the inventions just kept happening more and more rapidly.

Never read a manga until last year. Got the akira and naussica box sets. Iā€™m halfway through naussica now. Just amazing. Beautiful detailed artwork.
That's a rather high entry point lol. Not sure what to recommend as it's probably a step down šŸ™ƒ

I read like 60-70 chapters of Dr Stone and dropped it for this exact reason. It was fun at first but itā€™s like you say very formulaic, and the inventions just kept happening more and more rapidly.

Well...
they just made a computer and then decided it was time for a moon scanning satellite so that hasn't changed, they need to scan the moon so they know where to send their rocket šŸš€

Hello friends. I read a good amount of manga as well. My reading habits are a bit all over though lol. In Jump I read One Piece, Jujutsu Kaisen, and Spy x Family right now, but Iā€™m a bit behind on them. My other favorite ongoings are Witch Hat Atelier, Dead Dead Demonā€™s Dededede Destruction, and probably Land of the Lustrous. I buy some other series as the English releases come out too.

I have a habit of always browsing new releases each week so I tend to try a bunch of random books.

If you want other series that have great art, I would recommend BLAME! Itā€™s kind of all style and very little plot substance, but not in a bad way. Let your imagination fill in the blanks and enjoy the stunning sci-fi dystopia art. There are some really incredible full page spreads.

I also own a few volumes of Witch Hat Atelier which is adorable and the art is truly incredible. Some of the best Iā€™ve seen in a manga. The story is a bit dull though at least up to what I read.

Hello friends. I read a good amount of manga as well. My reading habits are a bit all over though lol. In Jump I read One Piece, Jujutsu Kaisen, and Spy x Family right now, but Iā€™m a bit behind on them. My other favorite ongoings are Witch Hat Atelier, Dead Dead Demonā€™s Dededede Destruction, and probably Land of the Lustrous. I buy some other series as the English releases come out too.

I have a habit of always browsing new releases each week so I tend to try a bunch of random books.

Not sure how far behind you are with Spy x Family but the latest arc is fantastic. Peak stuff from the whole family and Yor finally gets a chance to shine. Definitely catch up!

JJK is finally starting to pick up again with the last couple chapters.

I never heard of Dead Dead Demonā€™s Dedede Destruction but the premise sounds interesting and with a title like that, Iā€™ll have to add it to my list šŸ¤£

I vaguely remember yokohama kaidashi kikō having good art but when I just checked I might be thinking of something else :unsure:

Let me get my plug in: PLEASE consider reading (and then emailing any English/overseas publisher but specifically Viz so they can license) Kono Oto Tomare! If you're interested in a manga about music, that has romance and deep friendships with some of the sweetest characters ever, this is for you!

tomare.jpg

I'm not reading that many currently running manga's atm, but Dr Stone is one of the few, and its been on fire for the past 30 chapters.

After finishing Punpun this year Iā€™ve never been the same.

I was actively reading but everything has been backordered. Iā€™ll pick it back up soon!

Iā€™m on volume 6 of Jujutsu Kaisen, vol 2 of Spy x Family and vol 2 of One Punch Man. Iā€™d really like to read Chainsaw Man but the last time I checked, every volume was out of stock.

Pretty far behind on a lot of current Jump stuff, but the main series I try to keep current with are One Piece and JoJo. Other than currently running stuff, my favorites are Hunter X Hunter, Dr Slump, Slam Dunk, Devilman, Phoenix, Drifting Classroom, Nausicaa, Akira, and pleanty of others I can't think of now. I like pleanty of new stuff, but my main love is retro manga. Also a big yuri fan lol

After finishing Punpun this year Iā€™ve never been the same.

I was actively reading but everything has been backordered. Iā€™ll pick it back up soon!

Iā€™m on volume 6 of Jujutsu Kaisen, vol 2 of Spy x Family and vol 2 of One Punch Man. Iā€™d really like to read Chainsaw Man but the last time I checked, every volume was out of stock.
Chainsaw Man is amazing and definitely lives up to the hype. Any reason you buy the volumes instead of just binging on the app? Just a preference for physical media?

Some familiar faces in here. Hey, all!

I've been reading Nausicaa for the first time recently. It's great, and a very interesting artifact of its time. It feels way more dense in both writing and art than modern manga to me, to the point where it's hard to follow what's going on sometimes. It's been a fantastic experience, though. I think Nausicaa and Kushana are fantastic characters, and they play off each other in interesting ways.

I also checked out a chunk of A Bride's Story volumes from the library and that's been fantastic. I think while it's not very wordy, the book has a lot to say. It feels like the author did research to be able to put the book together in a way that feels true to 19th century Silk Road. I'm not sure I expected it to be so much of a slice of life, but the characters and culture are so fascinating that it feels like even the most mundane things, like people having dinner at a market, is filled with subtext and interesting takeaways about what life was like in these societies. The art is also so incredibly detailed.

XKRoq7g.jpg

I used to read so much manga. When I was in middle/high school, I'd binge stuff like crazy and have pretty much no downtime between picking up new stuff. And to a lesser extent in college. Nowadays I only still follow a handful of ongoing series, and feel like I only read something new like once a year on average. Maybe I shouldn't have started with all the good stuff like Nausicaa and Akira like @Tendo lol

Then I'll say it šŸ¤­

Well, I still like it, and the art is still amazing, thigh I agree that it's been a bit of a mess for like the past year. I'll share my thoughts more in depth in another post though, since I'm on my phone right now

I'm thinking about jumping into 20th Century Boys.

I've read Pluto and watched the anime for Monster, enjoyed both of them a lot.

ah jeez, I forgot to ask the most important question earlier.

anyone reading Boy's Abyss? šŸ˜
We must not let that evil infest another Manga OT!

Currently reading
One Piece
Spy Game
JJK
Blue Box

Grand Blue Dreaming

I read scanlations of the below whilst waiting for a English serialisation

Kanojo mo Kanojo
My Charms are wasted on Kurokiwa Medaka(sic)
Oshi No Ko

I used to be an avid manga collection but with 3 kids I sold a lot of my collection and only aim for smaller series

I have death note, QQ, and collecting Monogatari

The only long running series I have all volumes of is Berserk cause itā€™s berserk

Regarding My Hero Academia: If you feel things changed over the past year, fans like to point at a particular event; there was an editor change. From what I hear, Taguchi Hikaru became the new editor for MHA in September 2020.
Incidentally, he was also the editor for Samurai 8, and he is also currently the editor for Red Hood. I don't know how much impact he's having here, but so far at least, he doesn't have Lin Shihei's magic touch.

Since it's Halloween next week I'm going through my Junji Ito collection to get into the mood. May end up buying Venus in the Blind Spot.

Oh nice thread. This is the stuff I'm currently reading:

731af730-247b-4ad1-9926-c70851728a3d.jpg

New Normal

Imagine if in 20 years we'd still be fighting COVID-19 and entire new generations were raised with anti-infection measures for all their lives. The story follows a boy and a girl who spends their time together violating anti-infection measures and lives "normally" (for our standards). It's really delicate and it doesn't feels conspirational or anti-science as it is more of a introspection on who we dealt with COVID.

26c65a46-bc2f-4c78-90d8-aa42670243c3.jpg

Mieruko-chan

You probably know this one. Mieruko can see spirits and she has to ignore them or they will kill her. Great comedy with great art, there is also an anime.

365aa8df-9b2e-4264-9188-cd13c0de6ada.jpg

Please Put These on, Takamine-san

I actually hate this one but I can't stop reading it to see if it's actually going to address the big elephant in the room, but I don't think it will ever so I just read it to get mad. I guess it's a good read if you are a masochist or have an humiliation fetish however? The art is pretty good even if a basic ecchi. I wrote a post on reddit explaing why I hate it in case you are interested.

a839cbd1-380e-43cb-b370-c2d369719793.jpg

Please Go Home, Akutsu-san!

The first of few "teasing girl x submissive boy" romcom I read as it's a concept I find cute. It's one of the least "toxic" and more "cute" on the spectrum and it's basically exclusively about them with almost no secondary character. I suspect there isn't much left in it since they are now pretty much a couple.

4f6bd011-5a0f-455d-ae60-eaea88d8b0dc.jpg

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro

Another "teasing girl x submissive boy". A modern classic of the genre, I'm actually an OG since I started it because I liked the artist's... previous works, let's say. Not much to say, you know Nagatoro.

a1b35672-7b7f-4d63-8f42-d05b45b09cf6.png

Komi Can't Communicate

Another modern classic. Komi is cute and the story is pure positivity. Nothing groundgreaking, nothing new but well written.

5972847b-e0a4-4346-8dd6-8f06839ee1a7.jpg

My Dress-up Darling

A gyaru with the passion for cosplaying and a reclusive boy who works with his grandpa on hana dolls start working together on her cosplays. This is probably the most vomit inducing manga I read by the sheer sweetness of everything. Pure people doing the stuff they love.

0174370f-5aea-428e-b40e-a6c2ed18f175.jpg

Welcome Back Alice

This is great. Shuzo Oshimi once again proving to be an elite mangaka and one the handful masters of his generation. Oshimi analyzes sexuality in pretty much all of his works, but this one is basically a full deep dive into it. Three childhood friends, two boys and a girl, grew up together and a love triangle formed before they split up. In highschool they are reunited in the same class, except that this time one of the boy is actually crossdressing as a girl. What is gender? What is love? What is sexually arousing? This has it all and it's not afraid to push the boundaries in pure Oshimi style. It constantly makes me question myself and that's one of the best things I can say about any media.

18ceafa1-c0c5-421b-be59-63936b8a5147.jpg

My Divorced Crybaby Neighbour

Cute and short romcom (?) with adult pair, a bit of a rarity.

2ddf9f79-a6c7-4bae-a4ea-c916d7283f3f.jpg

The teacher can not tell me love

25 yo sensei x 17 yo student. A sweet comedy about a forbidden love.

9ec62933-3946-452d-b909-2a75872e33df.jpg

Blue Period

If you google this manga, you will only read overwhelmingly positive opinions and review about it because it is just that good. The story is about a student trying to enter an art university starting from zero knowledge about art, but in reality is a story about finding yourself. By far the best cast of secondary and side characters in any manga I've read and every page is full of so many emotions. I have no real passion for oil painting but you will feel for every single character as they struggle to leave a mark. If you undersand italian, I actually talked about it in a podcast.

da8b2cf2-8cd7-4cc2-a5a9-43a7da6e4fda.jpg

The Unpopular Mangaka and the Helpful Onryo-san

A failed mangaka lives in a small room, one day he discovers his room is possesed but that's actually okay 'cause the onryo is a fan of his manga!

96a2d74e-0db1-42ad-922c-62dd9f9bf5c3.jpg

Forget About Love, I Want to Sleep!

Main character is my spirit animal, he just wants to sleep and avoid any drama. He will discover a lap pillow is the best possible pillow.

d23dcfc8-e485-4051-9d05-425204475d6e.jpg

Ushiro no Shoumen Kamui-san

Another "ghost story", except this time it's about a girl with a power to attract spirits and an exorcist who will make every spirit ascend by giving them an orgasm. It's dumb but funny.

ef38d83c-e983-46b4-9384-895b6219418c.jpg

A Trail of Blood

Shuzo Oshimi at his best once again. A "momy's boy" slowly realize his mommy is not what it seems. One of the most unsettling manga I've read, entire chapters flow with almost no dialogues and yet I keep getting chills. Outstanding work.

5b96951c-fc74-4e0c-9d57-d8bfc5649d67.jpg

Heavenly Delusion

A heavily "AKIRA inspired" story that knows how engage its reader with perfect pacing, interesting characters and a post apocalyptic world filled with scary creatures and mysteries. A huge positive surprise.

golden-kamuy.jpg

Well that was a chapter...

Forgot about the gun leg, but immortal or not that would hurt. also RIP Toni

Red Hood 16

Well this is obviously ending shortly with all the sudden end game revelations. The stuff in this chapter was actually kind of interesting. This series has some interesting concepts it just never leaned into them hard enough. Maybe it had a chance if so much time wasnā€™t spent on the training arc and introducing a dozen new characters. There are definitely the pieces of a successful manga here.

Red Hood 16

Well this is obviously ending shortly with all the sudden end game revelations. The stuff in this chapter was actually kind of interesting. This series has some interesting concepts it just never leaned into them hard enough. Maybe it had a chance if so much time wasnā€™t spent on the training arc and introducing a dozen new characters. There are definitely the pieces of a successful manga here.
It was a definite huge misstep to go from it's quite good opening arc to... a training arc with a new character with a simultaneously boring and ridiculous design. I really wonder what the gameplan there was.

Red hood was always weird. They had werewolves that were people but also they could look nothing like a wolf or person and one could be a huge hill that others could ride on but was still a werewolf, that could presumably turn into a giant human?

I'm thinking about jumping into 20th Century Boys.

I've read Pluto and watched the anime for Monster, enjoyed both of them a lot.

We must not let that evil infest another Manga OT!

It's incredible. Plus once you read it, you can be everyone's Friend ā˜ļø

Red hood was always weird. They had werewolves that were people but also they could look nothing like a wolf or person and one could be a huge hill that others could ride on but was still a werewolf, that could presumably turn into a giant human?

I thought the weird fairy tale monster stuff was pretty cool. The problem was that it introduced all that stuff then immediately shelved it for a long boring training arc that involved a bunch of regular people fighting indoors. And way too many characters to care about when Velou had barely any time to shine. I think if the training arc was like a monster hunt or something like that it could have gone over better.

Regarding Red Hood, the training arc certainly wasn't enough to save it, but the crippling blow was actually way back in the opening arc. Supposedly, the opening going for as long as it did took a lot of steam out of the Japanese readers' initial reception to the series. It's a bit of hearsay, but it generally meshes with what I remember of the ToC listings as well as what I can find from twitter polls. And that's usually how it goes with Jump, if you fumble in the first few chapters, it's difficult to recover.

PPPPPP 6

Not really digging the introduction of the pretty tropey ā€œhad a lot of promise but couldnā€™t quite cut itā€ character. Also something that I think is definitely not working for me is how the MC is the sibling of all the piano protĆ©gĆ©es. Thereā€™s flashbacks of them all playing together but then in present day itā€™s like he barely knows them or anything about them. Thereā€™s no familiarity or anything, it doesnā€™t really make sense that they are all siblings.

Neru 15

This is getting good! Some nice art this chapter and the 2v2 fight is shaping up nicely. Iā€™m optimistic about Neru, itā€™s still moving at itā€™s own paceā€¦maybe it will stick aroundā€¦

Berserk is on sale for $4.50 a volume on the Dark Horse Digital store.

I don't actually know anything about Berserk other than the obvious part that people say it is amazing and one of the best manga ever. I'm definitely interested in the sale, but kind of weary about jumping into a long series that is never going to have a conclusion. Is it still worth it? Or is ignorance bliss?

Berserk is on sale for $4.50 a volume on the Dark Horse Digital store.

I don't actually know anything about Berserk other than the obvious part that people say it is amazing and one of the best manga ever. I'm definitely interested in the sale, but kind of weary about jumping into a long series that is never going to have a conclusion. Is it still worth it? Or is ignorance bliss?

Berserk is worth it. Even if you'll never read its ending it is a manga that created so many modern tropes and visual imaginery with a great story and characters that will forever be loved.

It's a "must read, must own" if you like the medium. I'd personally wait for a physical "complete/deluxe edition" at this point, it feels inetivable.

Going old school with this one but: does anyone know where I can find the manga version of Blood Reign: Curse of the Yoma (or 妖魔 / Yōma)? I liked the OVA since I was a teen and would love to have a copy of the original manga it was based off of.

Kingdom 696

Well that was stupid. Really not what to do if you are trying to unify the regions and some of those soldiers could have been useful in future fights.

JJK off this week. Seems itā€™s been getting more weeks off since its hiatus, which is good for the author.

Neru and Red Hood still in the dumpster šŸ˜¢

Back
Top Bottom