• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour Luigi mansion 2 and Paper Mario thousand year door announcement VERY SOON - Pyoro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking back to 2020 and the Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary Direct that we got and do you all think we were meant to have Super Mario 35 for a longer time? I know there was rumors that if things were different, that Direct probably would've taken place in April- Do you all think Super Mario 35 would've been announced and shadow dropped then, giving us close to a year with it opposed to around half a year?

The fact that LM2 was announced for the summer and TTYD just 2024 is perhaps linked to their respective development? Because from a marketing point of view, I think more people in the general public know about Luigi's Mansion as a series than the noisy Paper Mario fans. So if one of the two titles were to be released at the end of the year, I don't know if LM2HD wouldn't be a more commercially viable choice, especially during the Halloween period.

I just think it's weird how they're apparently announcing both at the same time. Why not just one? Princess Peach is supposed to get a demo too IIRC.
Where did we originally hear about the Peach demo? Is that a rumor or just speculation based on the original plan for Nintendo Live?

Thing is, the gaming press will report much wider on a Mario Mini Direct comprising of just new trailers & release dates for Luigi's Mansion, Paper Mario & Princess Peach plus maybe some new Joycon colours than just those announcements individually if they put them on Twitter. It being a Direct instead of just Twitter drops is purely about the packaging.

Would be cool if they released Smash 64 for NSO with this new Mario week....
Or do the impossible.....

Release a high upscale port of Mario Galaxy 2 with new content (Yes, I can dream).

release date will tell us a lot about 2024 line up, potentially. can't wait to replay TTYD anyway.

I never played either of these games, so I'm really looking forward to them.

Next year is the 40th anniversary right? Bet they're cooking up more ports
I doubt we get a huge drop of the 40th like we did for the 35th. Especially if new 3D Mario comes next year, along with Switch 2.

Everyone (including me) wanted a big Zelda blowout for that 35th, and most folks expected it after the Mario event. I think Nintendo's choice not to do it was about keeping it special. If they start doing a big thing every 5 years, pretty soon, you'll have to do 2 big Mario events in the same generation, and you won't have anything to release.

I'd bet that we get a Zelda blowout 2026 instead, and we'll finally see Wind Waker and Twilight Princess again.

It's possible that we'll have a Mini Mario Direct

600px-Minis_MvDKU.png

It's time.

They're finally going to team up with Chibi-Robo.

Form the backbone of a strategy game.

And become the pit stop crew in a new Mario Kart.

600px-Minis_MvDKU.png

Someone needs to tell Pyoro to leak Coyote vs Acme
Off topic but I'm really holding out for a white knight hacker to break into WBD and leak the full theatrical releases of both Coyote vs Acme as well as Batgirl.

And while I'm entertaining delulu thoughts, Zaslav resigns in shame. It's nice to dream.

Seems like nothing today but they ARE posting about Mario Day incoming

That play button is so good at covering his moustache I thought Nintendo was posting about Mark Day 😂

d8qwh7decjt61.jpg

Oh so is this where the Direct Speculation Thread crew is at now?! HYPE!!

giphy.gif

I ended up being pretty depressed about losing that thread ngl

So Pyroro is hinting at what? Multiplayer in Peach Showtime? Co-op mode probably? makes sense

Wow, 20 minutes without a response to this? The hype on this website is dead lol
Can you blame them? Princess Peach Showtime is not really the main demographic for this forum. And the only other thing in the horizon is 2 remasters of games most people already played.

Nintendo has no other confirmed games for this year, and nothing but rumors and news to consume right now. It makes sense that the forum is in a bit of a lul. Which is a good thing, I would much prefer a lull where people are working on their backlogs, not consuming as much games media, then virtriol and anger. It shows that famiboards is in a semi-healthy state.

Off topic but I'm really holding out for a white knight hacker to break into WBD and leak the full theatrical releases of both Coyote vs Acme as well as Batgirl.

And while I'm entertaining delulu thoughts, Zaslav resigns in shame. It's nice to dream.
I think it will happen eventually. Either that or Congress gets involved and releases the movies into the public domain. I don't get how this is allowed in the first place.

Fuck Zaslav forever.

More hyped for Peach than Paper Mario and Luigi 2. The apparently easy difficulty from previews don't concern me. Still buying all three.

I thought as part of the tax break they had to delete/destroy the only copy of Batgirl?

I could see a Peach demo and maybe some releases dates/trailers for TTYD or LM2 coming out this week for MAR10 day. Are we still thinking there's a Direct in April?

Can you blame them? Princess Peach Showtime is not really the main demographic for this forum. And the only other thing in the horizon is 2 remasters of games most people already played.

Nintendo has no other confirmed games for this year, and nothing but rumors and news to consume right now. It makes sense that the forum is in a bit of a lul. Which is a good thing, I would much prefer a lull where people are working on their backlogs, not consuming as much games media, then virtriol and anger. It shows that famiboards is in a semi-healthy state.
I'm just surprised that we're not on the Mario Direct train is all. That's three Mario games that are rumored to get news this week/next week now.

TTYD is a full blown remake actually.

I'm just surprised that we're not on the Mario Direct train is all. That's three Mario games that are rumored to get news this week/next week now.
A mini Mario Direct or thing with some small updates would be nice especially if we get some release dates, but I don't think it's really what most people are wanting at this point. Most of the hype is all being pushed toward either whenever something new will show up (April Direct?), or Switch 2 news.

You say that now, but when Princess Peach Showtime wins Famiboards' GOTY next January......

A mini Mario Direct or thing with some small updates would be nice especially if we get some release dates, but I don't think it's really what most people are wanting at this point. Most of the hype is all being pushed toward either whenever something new will show up (April Direct?), or Switch 2 news.
People need to eat the food that is on their plate

Fami: hey frens, let's shut down the incredibly active Direct Speculation thread, it's just nothing but aimless hype and nonstop nonsense. we all need a rest

Fami a few weeks later: WTF happened to all the HYPE on here? it is soooo over for the Switch huh

lol never change Fami

I thought as part of the tax break they had to delete/destroy the only copy of Batgirl?
Not sure about that part myself, but I would be shocked that even if the finished product were deleted, previous drafts or edits couldn't also be found on their servers somewhere.

If this is true, I think the April Direct got postponed or cancelled. Maybe that was a remnant of the Switch 2 2024 plans and now Nintendo is rethinking their marketing strategy?

• Oh so is this where the Direct Speculation Thread crew is at now?! HYPE!!
I ended up being pretty depressed about losing that thread ngl

So Pyroro is hinting at what? Multiplayer in Peach Showtime? Co-op mode probably? makes sense
The tweets embedded above that are in Japanese translate to:
  • At last it's Peach's showtime
  • I wonder if there will be a demo
So I think just a demo!

I don't think anyone expects anything new for the mario direct. The only thing they can really have right now is ports or remasters considering we are at the end of the Switch's life. Ports and remasters are fantastic! I would love even more of them. But it's okay that they are not exciting for people right now.

The only things truly new that we could maybe expect is a new Mario Sports Game or a new Mario Party.

Also, it's been kind of weird that all of Nintendo's big releases for the past 6 months, and going on have been Mario games. October had Mario Wonder, November had Super Mario RPG. We have overall gotten nothing since then, but will get Princess Peach Showtime, and have Luigi's Mansion and Paper Mario. Nintendo did release Wario Ware Move It in November, but that can also be considered a Mario game, and is niche to boot.

Mario is definitely Nintendo's biggest franchise, but it does feel a bit much when all of the Switch games since October to presumably June will be Mario games or spinoffs. I say this as someone who loves Mario.

Fami: hey frens, let's shut down the incredibly active Direct Speculation thread, it's just nothing but aimless hype and nonstop nonsense. we all need a rest

Fami a few weeks later: WTF happened to all the HYPE on here? it is soooo over for the Switch huh

lol never change Fami
If this is in response to my post, this is kinda unfair. I didn't think that thread needed to be shutdown.

Too much smoke between whats been rumored and how Nintendo is approaching this with a Mario day countdown. I do think we get a bigger than usual Mario Day this year. I don't think that necessarily means this year will focus on Mario like 2020 and the 35th anniversary did. Just that it's convenient because Nintendo and their partners have a lot of announcements they need to make that lines up well. TTYD + LM2 release dates, the Peach demo, LEGO news, and Universal Parks news.

The cherry on top would be DLC for Wonder especially if Switch 2 isn't until next year.

Too much smoke between whats been rumored and how Nintendo is approaching this with a Mario day countdown. I do think we get a bigger than usual Mario Day this year. I don't think that necessarily means this year will focus on Mario like 2020 and the 35th anniversary did. Just that it's convenient because Nintendo and their partners have a lot of announcements they need to make that lines up well. TTYD + LM2 release dates, the Peach demo, LEGO news, and Universal Parks news.

The cherry on top would be DLC for Wonder especially if Switch 2 isn't until next year.
Oh shit I forgot that they need to (officially) announce the opening day for the DK expansion. It's rumored to open in May. That could easily show up here.

The fact that LM2 was announced for the summer and TTYD just 2024 is perhaps linked to their respective development? Because from a marketing point of view, I think more people in the general public know about Luigi's Mansion as a series than the noisy Paper Mario fans. So if one of the two titles were to be released at the end of the year, I don't know if LM2HD wouldn't be a more commercially viable choice, especially during the Halloween period.
Luigi's Mansion 2 HD definitely has more commercial potential than Paper Mario and I'd go so far to say that, unless Princess Peach turns into a breakout hit, LM2 is weirdly Nintendo's highest-potental seller out of their current line up and the only one that has a serious shot at breaking 5 million. It would only need to sell ~40% of Luigi's Mansion 3's total to hit that milestone.

Peach is something of an unknown, but something like Paper Mario probably has a 2 to 4 million range.
Wonder if there's any chance for, like, Mario Land 1 and DK94 getting NSO drops for Mario day
Fingers crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom