• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic LEGO 2K Drive |ST| Forza Horizon Brick

The game still looks like a blast! I might not get it at launch, but it looks like a great Black Friday pickup, or even a potential Game Pass title.

But I noticed something skipping around that video - are my eyes going bad, or is the performance kinda choppy during races? It seemed like there were a lot of dips in the frame rate.

Oh dang, the release of this snuck up on me! It really is in Totk's shadow. Not many reviews out, odd considering it had a preview event.

I can't get behind a full price game loaded with microtransactions aimed at kids.... but I'll get it on sale down the line.

Not on Switch though...

Oh dang, the release of this snuck up on me! It really is in Totk's shadow. Not many reviews out, odd considering it had a preview event.

I can't get behind a full price game loaded with microtransactions aimed at kids.... but I'll get it on sale down the line.

Not on Switch though...

The Switch version seems fine for what it is, the real problem for me is the "physical" version is just a code in a box. Guarantees I won't be buying it until it has a deep discount like the rest of the Lego games.

The Switch version seems fine for what it is, the real problem for me is the "physical" version is just a code in a box. Guarantees I won't be buying it until it has a deep discount like the rest of the Lego games.
Yeah - looks decent enough and prioritizing the right things (performance > visuals). Good for portable mode.

But it seems like one of those "turn down the settings" kind of ports rather than going the extra mile with asset modification and such, ala Witcher 3.

Ahh - It's just Early Access for the $100+ editions right now (yuck). I'd expect reviews by the 19th then.

EDIT: Jesus this has four season passes lmao

Ahh - It's just Early Access for the $100+ editions right now (yuck). I'd expect reviews by the 19th then.

EDIT: Jesus this has four season passes lmao
Reviews? They're already out

Microtransactions, apparently not as bad as the 2K sports games, but bad nonetheless

I bought the switch version for 31€ on eneba. I'm not buying any mtx on the game, just want a chill Lego horizon on the go.

Honestly I'm surprised on that switch footage, I was expecting something worst, but it's actually decent. A shame as someone else mentioned the physical version is just a code. Gonna wait anyway as TotK has priority

Excited to check out the reviews!

Here are some I found, and since people are worried about monetization gonna quote that part, but yeah, it's a 2K game

What feels really off, though, is the fact that each purchasable car has stats and sometimes vehicle-specific perks. It doesn’t help that the stats themselves are entirely unclear. I have no idea what the numbers really mean or how impactful they are. That’s an issue that’s even present in the story mode, as I can never really tell if I’m amassing power every time I level up or obtain a new car. That creates an uneasy pay-to-win dynamic, but one that I don’t actually understand enough to make informed purchases. I dread playing this online against racers who’ve ponied up.

I would argue that while I’m generally okay with DLC when it’s genuinely optional and won’t inhibit the experience if you don’t, customisation options are not optional in a LEGO game. Way too much of the core appeal of this thing is locked behind a monumental grind or credit card debt for my liking.

El gran problema de LEGO 2K Drive es que este dinero se consigue muy lentamente y tras las 2 primeras horas de juego avanzando en la historia, puede que solo hayas acumulado 600-700 Bloquepastas, 1.000 en el mejor de los casos.

¿El problema? Pues que comprar algunos de los vehículos más molones cuestan 14.000 Bloquepastas. ¿Veis ya por donde vamos? La progresión es demasiado lenta.

Last one is in spanish, but it says the big issue is that progression is too slow. After 2 hours the got at best, 1000 money blocks, and a car cost 14K.

While it may sound bad, most of them actually feels alright about the racing part, it's just a bummer that in Lego , customization is really part of the game and a lot of it is locked/gated because microtransactions.

From Push Square :

Rewarded for winning races, discovering new events, and beating challenges, Brickbux is the main currency in LEGO 2K Drive, and it's used in Unkie's Emporium to purchase new vehicles, drivers, and even LEGO pieces for the build mode. This seems fine at first, but the rate at which you earn Brickbux is fairly slow — especially online, where a first place result nets you a whopping 5 Brickbux. New build pieces typically cost 4,000 each, while characters are usually 6,000, and cars are mostly 10,000. After playing for 15 hours or so, we've accrued about 25,000 Brickbux.

Honestly, fuck 2K, fuck Visual Concepts and fuck LEGO for allowing that to happen. All Visual Concepts games are extremely predatory with their microtransactions (much worse than FUT imo, but I feel like 2K gets less blame because they are not EA), but doing that in a game aimed toward children is especially scummy.

From Push Square :

Honestly, fuck 2K, fuck Visual Concepts and fuck LEGO for allowing that to happen. All Visual Concepts games are extremely predatory with their microtransactions (much worse than FUT imo, but I feel like 2K gets less blame because they are not EA), but doing that in a game aimed toward children is especially scummy.
I think they payouts got a balance patch because I’ve been playing for like two hours and I’ve certainly have more than 20 bux from the races I’ve won.

Is it just me or the challenges are extremely hard lol

Back
Top Bottom