• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Kirby's Dream Buffet announced, releasing summer 2022 on Nintendo eShop (UPDATE: out now!)

Can two people on the same console play vs random players online? Alternatively, can two people on separate consoles join each other and play against random people online?

And here we go!!!

I already adore the movement and HD rumble. Would love to see a bigger budget game this way lol.

Hot damn what a delight. 10 minutes in my impressions are immensely solid.

1. As I said above, it's a delight to control.
2. It addresses the exact complaint I just made about Fall Guys over in it's OT - the game is snappy and keeps up it's pace. I was playing offline for my first GP so perhaps that won't transfer, but in between rounds they don't mess around, it stays in engine and snaps to the next mode.
3. Free roll mode gives me big Air Ride City vibes in terms of it being open ended, acting as a nice preview to what they could extend these mechanics too and making me a bit sad that it doesn't seem more open-ended levels like that are in the GP. It'd be nice to have co-op exploration stuff like that to give the Air Ride vibe rather than just racing and mini games.

So 2022, Kirby's best year yet huh?

EDIT: should we convert this to OT? @Shadow14

Fall Guys is great with all the chaos, but it doesn't really play that well. I like the idea of lesser chaos and better gameplay.

can you play against randoms?
Yes! Randoms or password lobbies.
Can two people on the same console play vs random players online? Alternatively, can two people on separate consoles join each other and play against random people online?
Ugh, sadly it seems the answer is no. This is a big bummer for me, I wanted to do 2 and 2 online with another couple.

Any online impressions here? I saw earlier on Twitter that it was mostly decent/good outside of two or three people that had bad connections.

Will they add to the game or are all the minigames included and that’s it???
No promises made so far and it feels unlikely for a cheap eshop title, but I'll still hope

I'm equally glad it's microtransaction free yet wish it was F2P to get long term support lol

Oh wow, was not expecting this to be available tonight. I thought Nintendo’s eShop exclusive games usually released the morning of the release day rather than at midnight like with retail games, but I guess that’s not the case now!

I got the game downloaded and really, really wanna play it…but I’m also still playing through the story in Xenoblade Chronicles 3 so it’s gonna be hard for me to put that down for very long right now, lol. ._.

Oh wow, was not expecting this to be available tonight. I thought Nintendo’s eShop exclusive games usually released the morning of the release day rather than at midnight like with retail games, but I guess that’s not the case now!

I got the game downloaded and really, really wanna play it…but I’m also still playing through the story in Xenoblade Chronicles 3 so it’s gonna be hard for me to put that down for very long right now, lol. ._.
It's a good pick up and play game! Full rounds are under 10 mins. Low commitment title :)

It's a good pick up and play game! Full rounds are under 10 mins. Low commitment title :)
I know, but I’m gonna wanna spend a lot of time with it going all in and trying to unlock everything like with Super Kirby Clash and Kirby Fighters 2. It’s just hard ‘cause I’m in full Xenoblade mode right now and I’m not quite ready to switch gears into Kirby mode yet, lol. But I’ll definitely make some time for a few matches with my partner tomorrow!

For those who have played some already, does it manage to capture a similar feel to Kirby Air Ride’s City Trial? Ever since the game was revealed I’ve been getting big City Trial vibes from it, and I’m just hoping that feeling wasn’t unfounded.

My first reaction to this game is that I honestly...don't fully understand it. Like, on a mechanical level, this game is super simple, roll, jump, use your powers when you get them, but how to "get good" at it? Don't fully got a grasp on that yet. My first win felt like luck.

My gut feeling is that I'm gonna like this but not really love it.
I know, but I’m gonna wanna spend a lot of time with it going all in and trying to unlock everything like with Super Kirby Clash and Kirby Fighters 2. It’s just hard ‘cause I’m in full Xenoblade mode right now and I’m not quite ready to switch gears into Kirby mode yet, lol. But I’ll definitely make some time for a few matches with my partner tomorrow!

For those who have played some already, does it manage to capture a similar feel to Kirby Air Ride’s City Trial? Ever since the game was revealed I’ve been getting big City Trial vibes from it, and I’m just hoping that feeling wasn’t unfounded.
I think the Air Ride comparison is somewhat founded, given the simple control scheme. But I only get some City Trial vibes out of it. There's the sense of collecting items to prepare for a final match, but it's a lot more linear (collect one item to increase your size that also serves as your score, Gourmet Race like in that regard) and the race components are still heavily about who comes in first. And while the first minigame will vary, you'll always end on a battle, so there's less of that element of surprise at the end of each game.

I think the first online game was a fraud against CPUs like Switch Sports did?

First impression is that it feels like it has less depth than Fall Guys, like a cheap knock off. Seems very polished though.

I feel like it does need new games added in, but I don’t expect that at all.

immediate buyer's remorse upon actually playing it lmao

I got so angry at my performance that I destroyed a joy-con grip

(I am very quickly running out of joy-con grips)

immediate buyer's remorse upon actually playing it lmao

I got so angry at my performance that I destroyed a joy-con grip

(I am very quickly running out of joy-con grips)
tumblr_inline_p0x7xwU7sQ1rzifqz_1280.jpg

Y’know, I wonder if local wireless support has anything to do with the way Nintendo handles many of their online games. Like, I’m not very knowledgeable about the technical side of this stuff, but it wouldn’t surprise me if there are certain limitations with local wireless communication (like needing to be delay-based or whatever), and if Nintendo’s already supporting that for a game then it might make sense that the online play is subject to the same limitations unless they completely rework how the online play works compared to the local wireless play, which may not be seen as worth the extra resources to Nintendo.
My honest guess is that a chunk of this stems from Asia having better networking infrastructure than places like the US. Which also goes hand-in-hand with the local wireless support being a factor since population density is a lot higher in places like Japan's cities, they may have prioritized that over online play.

The universe is telling you that separate controllers wii/nunchuck style is superior ;)
I really wish I had a still from that Direct where one of the Nintendo execs was just sprawled out on the couch with split joy cons

wait I don't remember this lol
I could've sworn it was Koizumi or Nogami demonstrating how to play with joy-cons in "potato mode". Nintendo's YT page is an aboslute mess to find old stuff and I don't have time to scour. But I swear this is a thing that happened or I'm having a Mandela effect moment.

WHAT?! No remix of Nightmare’s theme?! HARD pass!

….

This game is adorable and fun. 🥰

My honest guess is that a chunk of this stems from Asia having better networking infrastructure than places like the US. Which also goes hand-in-hand with the local wireless support being a factor since population density is a lot higher in places like Japan's cities, they may have prioritized that over online play.
Honestly, while I know I’m in the minority with this, I actually prefer that local wireless be prioritized over online. Online play will inevitably be shut down some day, but local wireless will continue to work long after the servers are shut down. That’s why I appreciate Nintendo focusing so much on local wireless options, and they’re pretty much the only ones doing it at that.

I could've sworn it was Koizumi or Nogami demonstrating how to play with joy-cons in "potato mode". Nintendo's YT page is an aboslute mess to find old stuff and I don't have time to scour. But I swear this is a thing that happened or I'm having a Mandela effect moment.
This was my preferred playstyle for Animal Crossing tbh

Been looking for a local mp alternative to Fall Guys for my spouse and I since our Internet refuses to let us even connect to the server to play it. I expected this to be $40 and was shocked today to see it‘s only $15

I told myself I'd have fun playing without taking the game too seriously but they had to implement a ranking system that adds/deducts points based on wins and losses. That puts me into tryhard mode, which in turn puts me into rage mode. The game's bad input latency, which gets even worse when playing online, only makes matters worse.

RNG definitely has a lot to do with whether you win or lose though. I've lost after placing first every round and won after placing last every round.

Haven't played for too long and a new course already unlocked after leveling a few times, so there's definitely more to be seen in the game.

I told myself I'd have fun playing without taking the game too seriously but they had to implement a ranking system that adds/deducts points based on wins and losses. That puts me into tryhard mode, which in turn puts me into rage mode. The game's bad input latency, which gets even worse when playing online, only makes matters worse.

RNG definitely has a lot to do with whether you win or lose though. I've lost after placing first every round and won after placing last every round.

Haven't played for too long and a new course already unlocked after leveling a few times, so there's definitely more to be seen in the game.
I destroyed a controller grip immediately and don't intend to touch it again

really wish I could return digital games after five minutes lol

Any online impressions here? I saw earlier on Twitter that it was mostly decent/good outside of two or three people that had bad connections.
I played a round in handheld mode and didnt notice any hiccups (and I won :) )

Back
Top Bottom