• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Kirby's Dream Buffet announced, releasing summer 2022 on Nintendo eShop (UPDATE: out now!)

IMG_6020.png

The new Copy abilities look interesting! Seems like
Chocolate = Stone
Carrot = Drill
Cupcake = Tornado
Spiked Fruit = Needle
Pepper = Fire
Donut = Wheel
Spiral Candy = A new Spring ability of sorts (Kirby bounces into the air)
Gelatin = Seemingly allows Kirby to fit under tight spaces

Getting Fall Guys vibes from this, especially the race game. Nonetheless feels much more fun and less frustrating than Fall Guysç

Kinda wish this was FTP to be honest. Or an NSO perk. I'm not sure I wanna spend $15 on it.

Skipping the overview trailer for spoilers.

Do we know what kind of single player or story mode there will be?

Quoted by: Tye
15$/€ it seems
The only thing i want to know is if you can play online matches with strangers or if it is only with friends.
That's probably the make or break for me.
In the video they mentioned online play with up to four players from around the world. So seemingly with strangers. :)

Skipping the overview trailer for spoilers.

Do we know what kind of single player or story mode there will be?
It doesn’t look like there is one? I mean, I presume you can play the game in single player versus CPUs, but it’s kind of built around multiplayer. It’s sorta like Kirby Air Ride in nature, it seems.

It doesn’t look like there is one? I mean, I presume you can play the game in single player versus CPUs, but it’s kind of built around multiplayer. It’s sorta like Kirby Air Ride in nature, it seems.
I see. Thanks Tye! I was hoping for it to be like other Kirby spin-offs in the past that had a significant SP or MP campaign component. Ah well!

honestly while i appreciate nintendo for still making those silly spin offs...

3 to 4 players? this makes it inherently less interesting than fall guys to me lol
Fall Guys can’t even run on the Switch CPU “properly” with its VERY basic look.

This looks easily better graphically so I could see why it is what it is,

Yea, definitely picking this up. Not sure if I'll get it at launch since I'm leaving on vacation the following day and planning to work through Live A Live, but this is just "hook it up to my veins" good looking.

part of me wishes this was more like a $40 title that had these modes as multiplayer options and a bit more single player heft, but we will see

the mechanics / setup just seem too cool

Glad to know it’s coming out soon. Already got it pre ordered and looking forward to playing it!

I'm having some stomach cramps so when I saw Kirby in that thumbnail I misread the title as "Could this be you?!" And I was like yep it already is 😱

Apparently the game has delay based netcode, like in smash and mario maker where the game slows down to a crawl if one person has bad net, so uhh.... yikes
Where are you hearing this from?

Edit: Oh nevermind. Yeesh. Hopefully it's not as frequent as Smash, because when it comes to that, it happens more than not.

Last edited:
Apparently the game has delay based netcode, like in smash and mario maker where the game slows down to a crawl if one person has bad net, so uhh.... yikes
That's so lame
Now I'm kind of scared of buying it

It’s the same either way. How can I say the multiplayer is fun/good if the connection is horrible?
Local wireless is thing, too. Plus single system multiplayer, but local wireless between multiple systems is gonna be more comparable to online play.

Y’know, I wonder if local wireless support has anything to do with the way Nintendo handles many of their online games. Like, I’m not very knowledgeable about the technical side of this stuff, but it wouldn’t surprise me if there are certain limitations with local wireless communication (like needing to be delay-based or whatever), and if Nintendo’s already supporting that for a game then it might make sense that the online play is subject to the same limitations unless they completely rework how the online play works compared to the local wireless play, which may not be seen as worth the extra resources to Nintendo.

That dipshit Abdallah is playing it live now, looks very good.

Does seem Nintendo’s “answer” to Fall Guys, just with only four players lol.

Back
Top Bottom