• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe new info (New Copy Ability, all returning Sub-Games and more)

MondoMega

Puffball Enthusiast
Pronouns
She/They
Thanks for dropping this all at a very random time HAL.

All Sub-Games:

FmLYK1zacAAVBFW

Egg Catcher (Adventure)
Samurai Kirby (Super Star)
Checkerboard Chase (64)
Bomb Rally (Nightmare in Dream Land)
Crackity Hack (Amazing Mirror)
Smash Ride (Squeak Squad)
Kirby on the Draw (Super Star Ultra)
Ninja Dojo (Return to Dream Land)
+ Two new ones.

New customisation feature: masks. There's 86 (ha-ru) of them to unlock:

19.jpg
21.jpg
give_omen_obj01.png

Last edited:
It's nice to have more info on the game, finally. Gonna make writing the ST for this one a lot easier.

Two new abilities now on top of the 20+ returning ones makes for an absolutely stacked power set. Very excited to try the mecha and sand abilities for myself. And hey, Festival Kirby is back! For...some reason. Neat?

Scope Shot seemingly being cut is a bit of a bummer, but it's hard to complain when we're going from two mini games to ten.

Do we know yet if the Challenge Stages are still in the game?
Those were my favorite side activity in the original.
It would be cool if they also added the ones from the Dream Collection, but I think it would have been mentioned already if they were in or not by now.

Last edited:
Do we know yet if the Challenge Stages are still in the game?
Those were my favorite side activity in the original.
It would be cool if they also added the ones from the Dream Collection, but I think it would have mentioned it already if they were in or not by now.
They're mentioned on the site. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like they included the new ones made for Dream Collection (I was really hoping they would too), but there are two new ones for the two new copy abilities in addition to the original 7, so 9 total now.

challenge_thumb.png

They're mentioned on the site. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like they included the new ones made for Dream Collection (I was really hoping they would too), but there are two new ones for the two new copy abilities in addition to the original 7, so 9 total now.

challenge_thumb.png

If they're included, I'd imagine that they will be hidden unlocakables and that they wouldn't talk about them...

TBH, I'd be shocked if the New Challenge Stages weren't in this one.

The only Kirby games I have played are Robobot and Forgotten Land. I like Kirby decently, it is not FULLY for me but I enjoy the games enough.

How is this game generally rated, by Kirby fans? Is it suppose to be 'one of the very good Kirby games'?

This is more new stuff than I was expecting, honestly.

I for some reason never got to play the original, so this is a safe get.

This game wants to compete with Pokémon stadium withe the amount of minigames (great complation imo)
Never played the original RTD so I'm in

How is this game generally rated, by Kirby fans? Is it suppose to be 'one of the very good Kirby games'?

It's pretty high up on the list of fan favourites (likely why they chose to remaster it as the last anniversary game); definitely the best game they could've chosen to revisit it they weren't going to touch the 3DS ones.

It's pretty high up on the list of fan favourites (likely why they chose to remaster it as the last anniversary game); definitely the best game they could've chosen to revisit it they weren't going to touch the 3DS ones.
Nice, gotcha c: Thank you, that sounds good. I imagine the'll remake the 3DS ones some day.
But yeah, I will probably get this one then. I miss 2D Mario, so I have been in a 2D platformer mood lately. Kirby will do for now.

The only Kirby games I have played are Robobot and Forgotten Land. I like Kirby decently, it is not FULLY for me but I enjoy the games enough.

It’s pretty good! Just not extra good imo. I like it more than Star Allies which is the other big multiplayer Kirby similar to it.

If you like Robobot, you'll like this game. RtDL is the first "modern Kirby" game, introducing several of the ideas later perfected by Triple Deluxe and Robobot.

Also, it stars Magolor.

I'm on the fence for this one. My wife and I have played the original ones a few times, even well after its release. I'd say the unlockable masks are what makes me most likely to return. I love some unlockables.

Never played this before, but I'll wait on impressions from trusted people on this one. Forgotten Land was an amazing experience and the first Kirby game I enjoyed on Switch.

Really looking forward to this, Kirby is always a good time. Hoping they get it running at 60fps - that was one of the biggest bummers about Star Allies.

It’s pretty good! Just not extra good imo. I like it more than Star Allies which is the other big multiplayer Kirby similar to it.
Well the game has multiplayer in it, but it's not what I consider a multiplayer game. Multiplayer games are games imo that are designed around it. Where even if it has a single player component, it's not the most ideal way to play. Kirby Star Allies, 3D world(to an extent), etc.

Really looking forward to this, Kirby is always a good time. Hoping they get it running at 60fps - that was one of the biggest bummers about Star Allies.

We’ve already seen that it is 60fps. Definitely a relief after Star Allies.

Is it possible in this game to choose which character you're playing? Or is player 1 always defaulted to Kirby?

The site says that P1 is always Kirby, like the original; which makes sense since the Super Abilities are required to progress in multiple stages. The other three players can select who they want between the remaining other characters or additional Kirbys.

Bandana Dee, Dedede and Meta Knight have expanded movesets compared to the original too; but at least solo players will get to use them in The Arena?

i half expected them to sneak in wrestler to make this its first mainline appearance, definitely wasn't expecting a totally new ability

hal already had my money, but this is nice (but also let me use wrestler in a full game plz)

Well the game has multiplayer in it, but it's not what I consider a multiplayer game. Multiplayer games are games imo that are designed around it. Where even if it has a single player component, it's not the most ideal way to play. Kirby Star Allies, 3D world(to an extent), etc.
I played Return to Dreamland mostly by myself and it works well there, but it is quite fun in multiplayer too. Definitely disagree on Mario 3D World because the chaotic energy in that game in multiplayer is incredible. The sweet spot is three players though rather than four. It’s fantastic in single player and fantastic in a different way in multiplayer.

Never played this before, but I'll wait on impressions from trusted people on this one. Forgotten Land was an amazing experience and the first Kirby game I enjoyed on Switch.
This is the weakest one among all the recent Kirby games (Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot much better than this platforming wise), especially when played alone. Return to dreamland is meant to be played with friends, it's where the fun is.

It's really good. Played it for the first time on a series replay last year and despite some pacing issues it's arguably the best of the new style of Kirby game, neck and neck with Robobot. Now with the visual upgrades I'd imagine it's much better.

I'm starting to think that this game will probably make some changes to the true arena which is dangerous for my wallet because it's making me want to buy this game too, I think I'll pass for the moment because I'm kind of short on money and I'll probably be busy with fire emblem for the entire month but I'm starting to want this game too. If this was a planet robobot remake tho day 1 easily.

eh. looks fine, but i was not the biggest fan of the Dream Land - Star Allies run, felt kinda slow and bloated compared to the lean mean machine he was prior.
But more kirby is always fine, i just hope that we get the next 3D entry fast (like in 1 or 2 years)

Oh cool, Sand Kirby. Looks pretty cool.

I won't get this at launch (I've already played it) but this looks super legit for a first time playthrough.

This is the weakest one among all the recent Kirby games (Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot much better than this platforming wise), especially when played alone. Return to dreamland is meant to be played with friends, it's where the fun is.
Hmm. I wonder if we will get a demo.
It's really good. Played it for the first time on a series replay last year and despite some pacing issues it's arguably the best of the new style of Kirby game, neck and neck with Robobot. Now with the visual upgrades I'd imagine it's much better.
Hopefully. Sounds good.

I played this game in 4 Player Co Op back when it came out - I actually really loved this game and was happy to see them HD’ing it with some extras. This is a definite pickup for me!

Never played this one before and I had a $50 Amazon gift card, can't go wrong for $30. Kirby is great to play with my wife (I'll have Octopath for my solo gaming then!)

We’ve already seen that it is 60fps. Definitely a relief after Star Allies.

The site says that P1 is always Kirby, like the original; which makes sense since the Super Abilities are required to progress in multiple stages. The other three players can select who they want between the remaining other characters or additional Kirbys.

Bandana Dee, Dedede and Meta Knight have expanded movesets compared to the original too; but at least solo players will get to use them in The Arena?
Hopefully, they'll be playable in the extra game, and they'll find a workaround for the Super Abilities like in Dedede Tour and Meta Knightmare Returns.

I’ve never played the original but I played the other modern mainline games (Triple Deluxe, Planet Robobot, Star Allies, and Forgotten Land). I’m very much looking forward to this.

I wanna play this after playing my first Kirby game with Forgotten Land, but man ... that $60 price tag is steep.

Also, it feels weird to say this, as someone who generally doesn't like the aesthetic of Wii games as much as other consoles, but the art style change just looks worse to me than the Wii original.

I wanna play this after playing my first Kirby game with Forgotten Land, but man ... that $60 price tag is steep.

Also, it feels weird to say this, as someone who generally doesn't like the aesthetic of Wii games as much as other consoles, but the art style change just looks worse to me than the Wii original.
Agree to disagree. It looks fantastic with the picture book aesthetic.

it’s a really good game, though. and it has a good amount of content

and it’s new to you! i’m jealous, you get to experience it for the first time 😀

Back
Top Bottom