• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Predictions Is Another "Ocarina Of Time" Remake Inevitable?

Another remake?

• Total voters
HD port of 3DS version? Yes.. Maybe even a graphic remaster, Metroid Prime-style.

A FF7r-style remake inspired by BotW? No. They would need to recreate the world of OoT, and adapt OoT world and dungeon design to BotW gameplay. At least that point, it would be a new game sharing the story and the characters with OoT. Better to invest those resource in a proper new game.

A remaster/HD upscale of OoT 3D seems likeliest in the immediate future.

But if things like RE4 Remake, FF7 Remake, and MGS Delta keep being big sellers, then I'd think at some point Nintendo's gotta figure a big remake/reimagining of one of the best-rated games of all time is worth doing, or at least worth having an external team do. Especially as the gaps between new Zelda games get longer, since they're gonna have to fill the schedule somehow and there's only so many other Zelda titles that make sense to remake or remaster (esp. if their plan is long-term backwards compatibility going forward)

I have been talking about it for a couple of years now, at this point it seems pretty much a given that it will happen, the question is more of when.

You are dealing in absolute numbers and it doesn’t tell the full story. For context, when you compare Oot sales to the most sold N64 game you can interpret it as a more successful release to the n64 than BOTW is to Switch. Nintendo has a lot of data and I’m pretty sure they understand things aren’t black on white.
I do think that forums have a bad tendency to view numbers in a void. Selling 7m+ in 1998 was for sure a bigger deal than selling 7m+ in 2023. Digital distribution and broader localization has lead to more and more sales and in that sense, it's fair to say Ocarina of Time was one of the biggest cultural phenomenon in the console space at the time given how impressive its shipments are.

With that being said ... I really don't think Ocarina of Time was a more successful release at the time than Tears of the Kingdom is in 2023. Comparable, maybe, but not more successful. Attach rate arguments are bad and even if you wanted to use them, the numbers would be comparable (something like 7.5 / 32 vs 30 / 129) for BOTW vs OoT.

Not to mention, I'm pretty sure less exclusives outsold BOTW nowadays than exclusives that outsold Ocarina of Time in the past.

I do think that forums have a bad tendency to view numbers in a void. Selling 7m+ in 1998 was for sure a bigger deal than selling 7m+ in 2023. Digital distribution and broader localization has lead to more and more sales and in that sense, it's fair to say Ocarina of Time was one of the biggest cultural phenomenon in the console space at the time given how impressive its shipments are.

With that being said ... I really don't think Ocarina of Time was a more successful release at the time than Tears of the Kingdom is in 2023. Comparable, maybe, but not more successful. Attach rate arguments are bad and even if you wanted to use them, the numbers would be comparable (something like 7.5 / 32 vs 30 / 129) for BOTW vs OoT.

Not to mention, I'm pretty sure less exclusives outsold BOTW nowadays than exclusives that outsold Ocarina of Time in the past.
Totally agree with you. Maybe I expressed myself in a bad way but what I wanted to say that we can’t take one metric to tell the full story.

They won’t(and most who like old Zelda will never want this). But it has nothing to do with trying to paint them as struggling.

You are dealing in absolute numbers and it doesn’t tell the full story. For context, when you compare Oot sales to the most sold N64 game you can interpret it as a more successful release to the n64 than BOTW is to Switch. Nintendo has a lot of data and I’m pretty sure they understand things aren’t black on white.

We don’t have data to compare how traditional Zelda would perform against botw style Zelda. What we are doing right now is the same as comparing BOTW numbers with mk8 on Wii U if it never had a Switch port. Imo we can’t even do a fair comparison with current gens releases to Galaxy and TP because most of Wii owners were interesting on different types of games.

The most concrete thing we have is: Nintendo isn’t interested in testing the appeal of a Zelda they aren’t interesting on doing. Which is fair.
I didn't say OOT wasn't a success, it obviously was. But Skyward Sword sold less than half what OOT did on a userbase more than twice as big as the N64. That paints a very obvious picture of the commercial viability of that style and why they completely reinvented it with BOTW. I loved the old 3D Zelda games too, but it was on a downward slope and the games were getting longer and more expensive to make.

In many ways, Ocarina's 7 Million is more impressive than Breath of the Wild's numbers. It wasn't a launch title for it's console, releasing in the middle of the lifespan and on a console with a more limited scope than Switch. Nevermind that 1 million was a very very good number in those days, so 7 million was just astronomical.

HD port of 3DS version? Yes.. Maybe even a graphic remaster, Metroid Prime-style.

A FF7r-style remake inspired by BotW? No. They would need to recreate the world of OoT, and adapt OoT world and dungeon design to BotW gameplay. At least that point, it would be a new game sharing the story and the characters with OoT. Better to invest those resource in a proper new game.
you mean we arent going to get a 40 hour Kokiri Forest part 1 game?

I didn't say OOT wasn't a success, it obviously was. But Skyward Sword sold less than half what OOT did on a userbase more than twice as big as the N64. That paints a very obvious picture of the commercial viability of that style and why they completely reinvented it with BOTW. I loved the old 3D Zelda games too, but it was on a downward slope and the games were getting longer and more expensive to make.
My point was that by SS release time Wii wasn't as healthy as it was. Mario Galaxy 2 also had this almost 50% drop SS had over TP. Some more "core" focused games that could be seen as an evergreen didn't continue selling with the increase of the install base. Wii Motion Plus requirement also didn't help.

Not even SS fan here. To this day I debate myself if I really like over BOTW....XD. It removed a lot from what I liked of old 3d Zelda.

I hope we get both an Ocarina of Time remake and a Majora's Mask remake.

Culminating in a third entry in the "Hero of Time" series to at least make it into a trilogy, if possible.

Thoughts?

I know you're just playing devil's advocate, but that is an insane ask. Think about what you're saying. The open world games might get less popular, so let's have a second team make games almost as expensive if not more so for almost assuredly less sales upfront in the event open air Zelda becomes less popular? 3D Zelda was becoming expensive and unsustainable, that's why they switched to the open air formula, on top of it actually justifying the costs. You're essentially saying Nintendo should fund a second team that's just as expensive and takes away development resources in case something bad happens.
It IS a huge ask and would be a big investment, but the alternative is to roll the dice on the next 5-7 years and hope the game becomes a critical and commercial hit, and if it doesnt, then another 5-7 years to try again before they see any returns.

Its worked for them so far, every Zelda has been a good to resounding success. But that's no guarentee they always will be, especially on the levels of BOTW and TOTK, and they dont have anything to pick up the slack in the immedite future on the chance they fail. Honestly, this is even applying to basically tons of AAA developers now, not just Zelda. Time and costs are getting too crazy.

I dont envy their pressure

At some point, not necessarily the next console, I think they will inevitably remake / update Ocarina of Time again sure.

They won’t(and most who like old Zelda will never want this). But it has nothing to do with trying to paint them as struggling.

We don’t have data to compare how traditional Zelda would perform against botw style Zelda. What we are doing right now is the same as comparing BOTW numbers with mk8 on Wii U if it never had a Switch port. Imo we can’t even do a fair comparison with current gens releases to Galaxy and TP because most of Wii owners were interesting on different types of games.

The most concrete thing we have is: Nintendo isn’t interested in testing the appeal of a Zelda they aren’t interesting on doing. Which is fair.

Not only that but if you want to really go back into “not everything is black and white,” BotW might be not as close to the best selling switch game than OoT is to the best selling N64 game (which is kind of a bizarre comparison on many fronts, but whatever), but I’d argue the Switch wouldn’t be the success it was without BotW jump starting it at the beginning of the system’s life.

It cannot be overstated that, on top of how quality BotW itself was, it completely sold the hybrid console vision and how cool it was on day one of the system’s release. The Switch would not be nearly where it is today without BotW. All of its success since then was built on the initial BotW launch and how well it sold the concept of the Switch so naturally and without coming off as a gimmick. The hype was infectious for that entire launch year, it built such a healthy core fanbase that wanted everything to come to Switch.

I don’t think it’s a stretch to say BotW is probably Nintendo’s most important game since the NES era.

I don’t think it’s a stretch to say BotW is probably Nintendo’s most important game since the NES era.
I'd put Pokemon Red/Green above BOTW. Even if Nintendo only has a partial stake in the series, RG launched a franchise that would not only turn into the second biggest gaming series of all time, but led to one of the biggest anime series ever that still airs to this day, a merchandising monster, and an extremely popular mobile game. The series is coming up on its 30th anniversary and is showing no signs of slowing down. Gen 1 Pokemon was also instrumental in giving the Game Boy line a second wave of popularity and continued Nintendo's portable consoles being powerhouse sellers to this day.

I don't know that it's inevitable on the next system, but I suspect we'll get another 3D Zelda re-release before the next mainline Zelda and Ocarina of Time is a candidate. Unless they're going to touch BOTW and TOTK (which they could), they've worked their way through all the 3D Zeldas, so perhaps next generation is the time to return to OoT and MM. Just as easily, though, Switch 2 could simply be home to WWHD and TPHD re-releases spread out to buy time, 2D remakes and originals, and various spin-offs such that the schedule isn't asking for a new Zelda remaster. If Nintendo wants a Zelda game that they can push as a big deal in the first couple years of Switch 2 while waiting for the next mainline 3D Zelda to be ready, a new 2D Zelda, a very impressive A Link to the Past remake, and a very impressive Ocarina of Time remake are the big three that come to mind.

If it doesn't happen soon as a tentpole release, I still think HD/4K versions of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask may eventually happen, which could be remasters/remakes using the 3DS versions as their foundation like what Dark Moon is getting.

Not only that but if you want to really go back into “not everything is black and white,” BotW might be not as close to the best selling switch game than OoT is to the best selling N64 game (which is kind of a bizarre comparison on many fronts, but whatever), but I’d argue the Switch wouldn’t be the success it was without BotW jump starting it at the beginning of the system’s life.

It cannot be overstated that, on top of how quality BotW itself was, it completely sold the hybrid console vision and how cool it was on day one of the system’s release. The Switch would not be nearly where it is today without BotW. All of its success since then was built on the initial BotW launch and how well it sold the concept of the Switch so naturally and without coming off as a gimmick. The hype was infectious for that entire launch year, it built such a healthy core fanbase that wanted everything to come to Switch.

I agree with your reasons, but calling it the most important game since the NES it's a bit hyperbolic IMHO. One of the most important games? Sure. But you can make a similar argument for Wii Sports and maybe Brain Training, and while Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time were less commercial successful even in the context of their era (that is, including PS1 classics), they were far more influential than BotW. And as @Mekanos said, we also have to account for the Pokémon games, and the Game Boy Tetris also definitely counts as a Nintendo games.

We're waiting for something like major version 5? of Dragon Quest III.
Dragon Quest 3 is a way earlier game that Ocarina of Time, you are wating a remake of a 1998 game that still good, Dragon Quest 3 is 1988, 2 years before the first Legend of Zelda was released, the Oracle games that make more sense to be remade

No, Nintendo doesn’t need to remake their games like that. FF7 got a remake because on top of being a surefire way for Square Enix to make money, the original game itself has jarring lego graphics and outdated CGI cutscenes (that were all over the game’s marketing at the time). No one that doesn’t have a passing interest in videogame history wants to play for the first time in current year, a PS1 game with fixed camera angles and funny graphics (PS1 games in general have aged worse than any other console due to the dithering alone). That’s why games like FFVII, the RE games and now MGS3 are getting remade. Sure the originals are still great, they were blockbusters back then but now they remake them so they look like blockbusters right now.

Nintendo can get away with making barebones rereleases, or just remasters that include new assets (those are just fancier remasters, to me a true remake changes the fundamental structure or gameplay) because Nintendo just makes a bunch of goated games. You can just play their classics, figure out that it’s a product of its time but was still incredible, and still have fun. You don’t have to deal with stuff like fixed cameras for games that aim to do more, tank controls, overall lack of QOL, none of that, the classics are still intuitive to play today. You could refute and point out whatever aspects that could be ironed out in remakes but those are the pettiest first world problems in gaming. Super Metroid floaty jump, Mario 64 healing in water, OOT Iron Boots, none of those games need remakes just for the convenience to have a version with better graphics and some nice to have features. Nintendo already made their classics available via VC and NSO. Just make new games for the series, or else we end up with games that haven’t had truly new entries in forever. Look at 2D Zelda, we had a LA “remake” that didn’t add much of substance. Other than that, since Minish Cap all we had were multiplayer spinoffs, two DS games that weren’t on the same scale as the other Zelda games, as well as the biggest rehash of the whole series, which might have started as an ALTTP remake in the first place. So almost 20 years now since the last truly new 2D Zelda and people have been asking for new remakes, just stop

I don't think it is necessary or inevitable, but I wouldn't say no to one.

I mean, one day surely. But not a guarantee at all within a console lifecycle. They haven't even made a big remake of Mario 64 yet. (DS and hd are cool but aren't we are talking about). That said, Oot remake would surely sell incredibly and might be a fun test for the ceiling of old school 3d Zelda.

Dragon Quest 3 is a way earlier game that Ocarina of Time, you are wating a remake of a 1998 game that still good, Dragon Quest 3 is 1988
They both old, man. As it stands DQIII is 40% older but with 100% more versions.

Somebody can probably think of an even more recent example, but Final Fantasy VI comes to mind as a game closer to OOT (1994) that recently got its third major version last year.

I'm doubtful any 3D Nintendo game will ever get a full-scale remake. I think something like Metroid Prime HD or at least Xenoblade DE is in the cards though. I also don't think they would do a straight-forward up-res of the 3DS version, they'd probably want to have some realtime lighting instead of going all in on the vertex colors to fake lighting thing.

I guess my realistic expectation is: new textures (or AI upscaled versions of the 3DS textures) with normal maps, some real-time lighting, and models that look like higher poly versions of the 3DS ones though less important NPCs and monsters might just take the 3DS models as is and call it a day like Xenoblade DE did, and add some new post-processing effects on top

In many ways, Ocarina's 7 Million is more impressive than Breath of the Wild's numbers. It wasn't a launch title for it's console, releasing in the middle of the lifespan and on a console with a more limited scope than Switch. Nevermind that 1 million was a very very good number in those days, so 7 million was just astronomical.
No way 7M is more impressive than 30M in any universe. I saw a list a while ago where plenty games on ps1 sold around those numbers. Crash used to sell around 7M on ps1. Final Fantasy, Resident Evil , Tekken, Tomb Raider, Gran Turismo, etc... all sold around 6-7M. All those on 1 platform (Ps1). Now, nowadays ain't no fkn game selling 30M on one platform except for on Switch. Hell, 30M would still be super impressive for a Ps4, Xbx 1, Ps5, PC multiplatform release.
So yeah, OoT sales definitely weren't more impressive than a 1st party selling 30M right now. I mean we live in this day and age of super discount and still very few games 3rd party games even come close to sell like BotW. Come on, nostalgia boys.

Last edited:
A full on, ground up remake of Ocarina of Time would probably be the most emphatic way for Nintendo to say "classic 3D Zelda in is back in its all dungeon-focused glory." Much like Final Fantasy 7 Remake, it would have to take a lot of liberties though, and while it would capture the essence of Ocarina of Time, the gameplay around the dungeons would be adapted to appeal to a broader group of people.

Inevitable is strong, but I think it's very likely they do it at some point in the future, even if it's a decade or more later.

No way 7M is more impressive than 30M in any universe. I saw a list a while ago where plenty games on ps1 sold around those numbers. Crash used to sell around 7M on ps1. Final Fantasy, Resident Evil , Tekken, Tomb Raider, Gran Turismo, etc... all sold around 6-7M. All those on 1 platform (Ps1). Now, nowadays ain't no fkn game selling 30M on one platform except for on Switch. Hell, 30M would still be super impressive for a Ps4,360, Ps5, PC multiplatform release.
So yeah, OoT sales definitely weren't more impressive than a 1st party selling 30M right now. I mean we live in this day and age of super discount and still very few games 3rd party games even come close to sell like BotW. Come on, nostalgia boys.
BOTW also has a higher attach rate than OOT. 23% of Switch owners have BOTW whereas 21% of N64 owners had OOT.

7 million is still a lot for a game in the 90s, but so is 30 million in the here and now.

No way 7M is more impressive than 30M in any universe. I saw a list a while ago where plenty games on ps1 sold around those numbers. Crash used to sell around 7M on ps1. Final Fantasy, Resident Evil , Tekken, Tomb Raider, Gran Turismo, etc... all sold around 6-7M. All those on 1 platform (Ps1). Now, nowadays ain't no fkn game selling 30M on one platform except for on Switch. Hell, 30M would still be super impressive for a Ps4,360, Ps5, PC multiplatform release.
You're comparing a system with an install base of over 100 million to a system with 30 million, and I think you're overestating how many games came close to that figure on PS1. What you mentioned wasn't the sampling of a much larger list, that's pretty much the list (and all of those continue to be major franchises and two decades later, so it's not like Jaleco was randomly popping out 7 million sellers on the system like it was nothing).

I don't think Ocarina of Time's sales are more impressive than Breath of the Wild's, even taking that context into account, but that's misrepresenting things quite a bit.

An HD version of the 3DS remake feels more likely to me than anything else. I just can't see them doing a remake like the FF7 remake. Not because I think it can't be done, but because I can't see why they would. That kind of effort is probably best spent on a brand new title.

I'd put Pokemon Red/Green above BOTW. Even if Nintendo only has a partial stake in the series, RG launched a franchise that would not only turn into the second biggest gaming series of all time, but led to one of the biggest anime series ever that still airs to this day, a merchandising monster, and an extremely popular mobile game. The series is coming up on its 30th anniversary and is showing no signs of slowing down. Gen 1 Pokemon was also instrumental in giving the Game Boy line a second wave of popularity and continued Nintendo's portable consoles being powerhouse sellers to this day.

I agree with your reasons, but calling it the most important game since the NES it's a bit hyperbolic IMHO. One of the most important games? Sure. But you can make a similar argument for Wii Sports and maybe Brain Training, and while Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time were less commercial successful even in the context of their era (that is, including PS1 classics), they were far more influential than BotW. And as @Mekanos said, we also have to account for the Pokémon games, and the Game Boy Tetris also definitely counts as a Nintendo games.
Oh yeah, didn’t mean to make a super definitive statement. Just that it wouldn’t be much of a stretch if someone wanted to make that argument. There’s definitely others that could be argued too.

Just commenting on how you could feel a palpable shift in Nintendo’s fortunes in the wake of BotW’s release. It and the switch took them out of their most dire era and put them on the path to what could end up being their most successful.

I don't see Nintendo remaking that game again. Imo it's a jewel of its time. Fans of OoT keep overhyping that game, but the truth is, just remaking the graphics and keeping the game intact wont sell gazillions nor will have the impact people expect.

Maybe the best thing would be an HD version of OoT 3D and be done with it forever.

I feel like the people acting like a new linear game or a OOT remake would somehow destroy Zelda are grossly overreacting. We don't know how Zelda will evolve after TotK,.and expecting it to strictly follow BOTW/ToTK to the point of little to absolute zero deviation is not only setting yourself up for disappointment but also expecting the series to cast itself right back into being incredibly formulaic.

Will a remake of OOT happen tho? I honestly doubt it, and I'd just be happy with an HD version of the 3DS game.

Yeah I don't think people realize that OOT is peanuts compared to where the series is nowadays. It's also a game that's been rereleased numerous times over the last 25 years, there isn't a huge untapped market for a remake of this game. They can remaster the 3DS version and probably sell it for a cool 3-4 million, rather than putting in countless manhours painstakingly recreating it in HD.
Considering they funded a Metroid Prime Remaster that probably won't even reach 1.5m, I wouldn't say it's impossible. The thing is people talk as if a remade OoT would sell 20 millions but it's actually closer to what you said. At best it would do Link's Awakening numbers. Which wouldn't be bad but I somehow don't see this as a priority for Nintendo.

I feel like the people acting like a new linear game or a OOT remake would somehow destroy Zelda are grossly overreacting. We don't know how Zelda will evolve after TotK,.and expecting it to strictly follow BOTW/ToTK to the point of little to absolute zero deviation is not only setting yourself up for disappointment but also expecting the series to cast itself right back into being incredibly formulaic.

Will a remake of OOT happen tho? I honestly doubt it, and I'd just be happy with an HD version of the 3DS game.
Considering that Aonuma said BOTW and TOTK will be the template going forward, it's not exactly a leap, even if future games won't be 1:1 those.

The issue comes down to the fact that the time and resources to make a linear Zelda would be very costly and the Zelda team is stretched thin as is (both BOTW and TOTK needed Monolith Soft's support).

Considering they funded a Metroid Prime Remaster that probably won't even reach 1.5m, I wouldn't say it's impossible. The thing is people talk as if a remade OoT would sell 20 millions but it's actually closer to what you said. At best it would do Link's Awakening numbers. Which wouldn't be bad but I somehow don't see this as a priority for Nintendo.
Wasn't Prime HD built on the source code of the original? So it would be similar to remastering the 3DS version.

No, I don't want that FF7Re level remake, more specifically I don't want Nintendo to cut off 70% of OOT content to create a OOT Re Part1

I'm not a big fan of SE FF7 remark strategy

I'd love a proper Switch 2 remake, proper remake, all new graphics etc.
I never completed the original so I'd love that.

I've always wanted to play this my girlfriend (this and MM are the only 3D Zeldas she hasn't played), but she completely shuts down when she sees the N64 graphics. A proper remake would be awesome, I think that with minimal QoL improvements the game would still hold incredibly well today.

I would love to see a true & faithful remake of OoT especially when Nintendo console is as powerful as the Series S.
Specifically, I would love to see alttp remake on Switch 2 and then OoT remake on Switch 3, simply because I am not in a hurry but want more capable console to help these remake shine as much as possible.
FYI frame drop issue of Link's Awakening on Switch just killed my heart.

I've seen some talk on here about another Oot remake on the next console, weather it be a from the ground up remake with new/changed content like FF7R, or a 1 to 1 remake like link's awakening, do you think it'll happen?
Ocarina of Time done FF7 remake style (as in, new content) are one of my never ever wishes. I would be baffled if they would ever do this.

I sometimes silently hope that more games get a treatment such as Mario 64 got on the DS as well, games like Mario Sunshine for example.

I've been expecting Ocarina of Time 4K as a launch-window title for Switch 2 for a while now. This would achieve a few objectives for Nintendo:
  1. Give them a guaranteed seller in their 1st year with proven gameplay that stands the test of time.
  2. Allow them to experiment with 4K graphics, just like Wind Waker HD laid the groundwork for BotW's graphics.
  3. Establishes Zelda on the new console while they work on the next mainline title (along with possibly DLC for TotK)

Wasn't Prime HD built on the source code of the original? So it would be similar to remastering the 3DS version.
Yeah but all assets were remade, I can see them doing the same for OoT - by that I mean it's possible, for some reason I don't expect them to do it.

I went with HD port of OoT 3D

I think the series has moved a bit too far to keep returning to OoT as its landmark, Breath of the Wild is the drastically more popular game now

I'm not sure which game resources would go to for a ground up remake though. Oracles are the obvious ones but outside of perhaps the original & Zelda 2 we're pretty much at a point where nothing needs it

Reading some of the comments here has me thinking that FF7 really skewed the definition of a remake. I don't think we'll see many FF7 scale reimaginings in general in the industry let alone with OoT.

Considering that Aonuma said BOTW and TOTK will be the template going forward, it's not exactly a leap, even if future games won't be 1:1 those.

The issue comes down to the fact that the time and resources to make a linear Zelda would be very costly and the Zelda team is stretched thin as is (both BOTW and TOTK needed Monolith Soft's support).
I'm not sure I follow the logic of a linear Zelda somehow being more costly. If anything it should cheaper, as it would be a smaller world, no physics engine, a smaller more constrained amount of items and weapons, and so on. Even a slightly more modern OOT remake (not on FF7R level that's never gonna happen) should probably, on paper at least, be cheaper than another open air Zelda.

Also didn't Aonuma literally say the future of the series is undetermined? We simply don't know how the series will evolve, if anything I think the most logical progression would be a combination of the two styles, something to please everyone, which yes can exist and yes can be made.

I'm not sure I follow the logic of a linear Zelda somehow being more costly. If anything it should cheaper, as it would be a smaller world, no physics engine, a smaller more constrained amount of items and weapons, and so on. Even a slightly more modern OOT remake (not on FF7R level that's never gonna happen) should probably, on paper at least, be cheaper than another open air Zelda.

Also didn't Aonuma literally say the future of the series is undetermined? We simply don't know how the series will evolve, if anything I think the most logical progression would be a combination of the two styles, something to please everyone, which yes can exist and yes can be made.
Aonuma said that open air Zelda is the path forward.

And yes, linear Zelda would not be substantially cheaper to make than a BotW-style game, and could conceivably be more expensive to a substantial degree.

Back
Top Bottom