• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

PlayStation Insomniac Studios Upcoming Titles Have Leaked

Truno

Koopa
Pronouns
He/Him
83vSaBf.jpg

*As of July 2023

I can't tell how believable this is or not because of the logo discrepancies, like Spider-Man 2 having a different 2 than from the actual logo. Then again, discrepancies don't seem that uncommon in official documents.

Insomniac being Sony's Marvel game studio is pretty cool. They did a great job with three Spider-Man games so lets see what they can do with the X-Men franchise.

I'm glad that Ratchet & Clank will keep on surviving too.

Just like all of Playstation's major developers - Marvel games, TLOU, Horizon and God of War. That's it.

We already know of two new IP's from PS Studios in Concord and FairGame$ as well as Bungie's Marathon. Also, SMS is working on a new IP and ND is rumored to be doing the same. And that is just what we know. Most of Sony's internal projects are still behind the curtain.

A little disappointing that they’re being railroaded into just being the Marvel team but their games have been good so I can’t complain too much. Honestly, their projected output is just insane. What are they doing to get games out that fast? Hardly anyone else is managing that

Last edited:
A little disappointing that they’re being railroaded into just being the Marvel team but their games have been good so I can’t complain. Honestly, their projected output is just insane. What are they doing to get games out that fast? Hardly anyone else is managing that
Probably helps that their games aren't as long as other Sony games. And they can work with a lot of reused environment assets, particularly with Spider-man.

In an attempt to wrap my head around everything seen across many different presentations and slides (I feel like i'm going to pass out comprehending all of this...):
  • Spider-Man 2 Online / Wolverine Online / X-Men Online (multiplayer concept; targeting 2024 / 2026 / 2028 respectively; seemingly rejected)
  • Spider-Man: The Great Web (another multiplayer concept; seemingly rejected)
  • Spider-Man 2: Director’s Cut (considered for late 2024 as an alternative to Venom; seemingly going with the latter now)
  • Spider-Man: Venom (2025 or 2027; conflicting information on which is the more up-to-date release target)
  • Wolverine (Fall 2026; previously targeted 2025)
  • Wolverine Spin-Off (featured on a single slide, unclear if this is anything that exists)
  • Daredevil (considered for 2027 in one document; presumably never greenlit)
  • Spider-Man 3 (2028; previously targeted 2027; the end of Insomniac’s Spider-Man series)
  • Ratchet & Clank (2029)
  • X-Men 2 (2030; previously targeted 2029; sequel to Wolverine)
  • New IP (2031-2032)
  • X-Men 3 (2033 and beyond)
  • New IP 2 (2035 and beyond; unclear if a second New IP or a sequel to the first New IP))

not a fan of the whole superhero factory idea
When you see what Insomniac games sells, you'll see why Sony is pushing this so hard. Rift Apart lost money according to internal leaks. All their Spider-Man games have made serious cash. Marvel games make a lot more sense with Sony's fans than Ratchet or their other IPs.

In an attempt to wrap my head around everything seen across many different presentations and slides (I feel like i'm going to pass out comprehending all of this...):
  • Spider-Man 2 Online / Wolverine Online / X-Men Online (multiplayer concept; targeting 2024 / 2026 / 2028 respectively; seemingly rejected)
  • Spider-Man: The Great Web (another multiplayer concept; seemingly rejected)
  • Spider-Man 2: Director’s Cut (considered for late 2024 as an alternative to Venom; seemingly going with the latter now)
  • Spider-Man: Venom (2025 or 2027; conflicting information on which is the more up-to-date release target)
  • Wolverine (Fall 2026; previously targeted 2025)
  • Wolverine Spin-Off (featured on a single slide, unclear if this is anything that exists)
  • Daredevil (considered for 2027 in one document; presumably never greenlit)
  • Spider-Man 3 (2028; previously targeted 2027; the end of Insomniac’s Spider-Man series)
  • Ratchet & Clank (2029)
  • X-Men 2 (2030; previously targeted 2029; sequel to Wolverine)
  • New IP (2031-2032)
  • X-Men 3 (2033 and beyond)
  • New IP 2 (2035 and beyond; unclear if a second New IP or a sequel to the first New IP))

Apparently Spider-Man 3 is planned to be a two parter. I'm not buying it though.

vWap6s3l.png

Apparently Spider-Man 3 is planned to be a two parter. I'm not buying it though.

vWap6s3l.png
If they make Spider-Man 3 a two parter... Just wow. I watched the new spider verse a few months back and I was supremely disappointed at the end because of how they're handling there being a part 2. It felt like exposition for a product which wouldn't be out for another few years. I can't imagine buying a game like that and feeling satisfied.

I'm a huge Spider-Man but I cannot summon any excitement for this production pipeline. But I've been pretty meh on first party Sony stuff for a while now.

PS5 Pro is probably 2024. It wouldn't take them 9 years to release that. If that were true then we'd have gotten PS4 Pro last year.

oh yeah wolverine might just go through an entire development reboot since the leaks apparently includes source codes, a playable build and the entire story

I feel so bad for the developers. This is devastating.

Imagine going to bed not even thinking you were close to be revealing this stuff, only to wake up and find people complaining about your leaked output for the next 10 years and reading full story spoilers for your games two years out.

Any one of these projects could be silently canned too, as happens all the time in game dev, but now they’re public knowledge and there’s tons of people expecting them. This really adds so much pressure.

Last edited:
If they make Spider-Man 3 a two parter... Just wow. I watched the new spider verse a few months back and I was supremely disappointed at the end because of how they're handling there being a part 2. It felt like exposition for a product which wouldn't be out for another few years. I can't imagine buying a game like that and feeling satisfied.

While I agree, games ending on big cliffhangers/unfinished stories like Halo 2 and God of War 2 where not uncommon back in the day. "finished stories" isn't always a guarantee.

While I agree, games ending on big cliffhangers/unfinished stories like Halo 2 and God of War 2 where not uncommon back in the day. "finished stories" isn't always a guarantee.
Heck we're seeing part 2 of a FF7 remake trilogy come out in a couple of months lol

oh jeez it was a ransomware huh?

Also this really does show Western budgets at the least are spiraling out of control

Last edited:
Holy shit. Just their entire planned slate for the next decade laid out. This leak is brutal

oh yeah wolverine might just go through an entire development reboot since the leaks apparently includes source codes, a playable build and the entire story
don't see the point of doing that. just gonna be a waste of money and time to reboot everything. might as well just go ahead and release it and pretend that the leak didn't happen. sure everyone will know what happens in the story but it's a superhero game not shakespeare.

Wait, I'm confused. So those passport images from the link in post #8 are actual passports that got leaked and not art assets from a game?

... American passports actually have a huge bald eagle over a waving flag printed on the bio page?

I was really hoping we'd get a Dazzler game before the 2030s...

If this is the kind of licensing deals that Disney signs with studios, no wonder things like the Square Enix games and others were commercial failures.
That's a huge cut, and then if you have to factor in digital cut from storefronts, you're looking at 40-50% of the revenue not going to the studio.

Back
Top Bottom