• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Indie World announced for Nov. 14 at 9:00 a.m PT

Shantae is one of those series that I keep telling myself I would probably really like. Would I like Shantae?
They're fun little Metroidvanias. I'd check out Shantae and the Pirate's Curse first. It doesn't have the usual dance transformations, but it's nevertheless regarded by most fans as the best game in the series. The newest entry, Seven Sirens, is also pretty solid, especially after it got rebalanced difficulty.

Wow, that was great!

Lots of interesting and cool titles.

The Scotland hills game is definitely something to keep eyes on.

There were a few good things in there. I wasn't wowed by anything but I can see myself getting a couple of the games.

Oh hey, Planet of Lana exclusivity is ended it seems. I've been waiting for this. The Gunk next pls?

The stuff in the sizzle reel all looks incredible, what the hell lol
That visual novel (I think) with the retro style caught my attention. Gonna look it up.

Edit: It's called "Enjoy the Diner" and it's apparently 2.5 hours short, which wouldn't burden my backlog too much. I might bite.

Last edited:
They definitely bookended it with the big announcements, though I might pick up backpack hero today, I think it’s the sleeper game of the show.

I never like when they end on a montage, very limp way to go out. Not to mention that I would have liked to hear more about some of them!

Please everyone get Backpack Hero, a friend of mine worked on it and di the music and it's really good and apparently a shadowdrop??
How didnt I know this??

It's basically RE4 inventory management with a turn based combat system as a rogue like.

Team Ladybug's new game looks great.

Moonstone Island made me laugh with how it checkbox'd every trendy indie game mechanic that turns me off a game.

Last edited:
They definitely bookended it with the big announcements, though I might pick up backpack hero today, I think it’s the sleeper game of the show.
I don't understand why they didn't swap the montage and Outer Wilds, making the later a one more thing. No matter how good the other games montage is, it's a lame way to end a showcase.

An excellent showcase with a ton of variety. That said, not much I'm personally dying to get except maybe Outer Wilds, but that's been on my list for ages

that circus detective VN looked real good. also that game “Enjoy The Diner” that was relegated to the sizzle reel—I guess it’s been out on steam for awhile, looks incredible

Backlog is confirmed to get even more bloated. My personal standouts were Outer Wilds, Howl, Passpartout 2 , On Your Tail, Backpack Hero and Moonstone Island. Definitely getting Outer Wilds day as soon as I can. My poor wallet and my poor schedule, I'm sorry but this is the life we live.

Added Howl, Death Trick Double Blind and Blade Chimera to my list of things to watch, I’ll definitely grab the demos of the first two later!

‘Procedurally generated roguelike gameplay loop’ is one of those things I’ve burned out on at this point though.

Back
Top Bottom