• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Indie World announced for Nov. 14 at 9:00 a.m PT

Frankly, that's a sentiment I find common in any presentation; people are only on the lookout for one or two specific things, and they don't care about anything else. Personally, I also enjoy Indie Worlds that put a lot of the lesser known games on my radar. I look forward to games like Mina The Hollower and Outer Wilds, but I already know about them. I like learning about new games. I learned about A Space for the Unbound from one of these showcases and it's one of my favorite games that I've played this year.
Same. Mina the Hollower is on my most-anticipated games list, but I already follow everything Yacht Club do anyway, and so does the games press as, thanks to Shovel Knight, they’ll always be covered. So I don’t really need to see it at an indie world when it’s big enough that any scrap of news will be all over the press and social media anyway.

Frankly, that's a sentiment I find common in any presentation; people are only on the lookout for one or two specific things, and they don't care about anything else. Personally, I also enjoy Indie Worlds that put a lot of the lesser known games on my radar. I look forward to games like Mina The Hollower and Outer Wilds, but I already know about them. I like learning about new games. I learned about A Space for the Unbound from one of these showcases and it's one of my favorite games that I've played this year.
This is an attitude I completely love. To me these presetations are meant for putting the spotlight on lesser known indie gems. That's why I'm getting a bit annoyed by the Silksong posts. Yes, I understand it is highly anticipated but there are so many cool indie devs putting their heart and soul in their games and these showcases are perfect for finding out about them.

This is good timing, been itching to get something off the eShop so hopefully there's an interesting shadowdrop or two.

And there is the sale that usually falls in line with the Indie World haha. My poor wallet is already crying!

Hopefully NA follows, tons on my wishlist I’m hoping for including indies that haven’t gone on sale in over a year

I thought the scheduled time was 9am ET, so I ran to the PC to find out what had been announced. But it's actually 9am PT and there are still two hours left. Damn.

In case you guys didn't notice, the Japanese Indie World will be tomorrow - if I recall correctly, these typically have a handful of different games from the international one.

Last edited:
I’m hearing really good things about Slay the Princess, that would be nice to see on Switch (even if it might be too spooky for me)
Slay the Princess rules, but Black Tabby Games is like two people and they're already also working on Scarlet Hollow. I'm doubtful they have the wherewithal to do console ports at this point, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

This is an attitude I completely love. To me these presetations are meant for putting the spotlight on lesser known indie gems. That's why I'm getting a bit annoyed by the Silksong posts. Yes, I understand it is highly anticipated but there are so many cool indie devs putting their heart and soul in their games and these showcases are perfect for finding out about them.
Yeah that sentiment is why I hope the response after the direct isn't overbearingly derision or dismissiveness if (when) Silksong isn't shown. It's a real disservice to other small indie devs who really only have this as their main platform to show their hard work and are relying on it so heavily for their game's success.

Yeah that sentiment is why I hope the response after the direct isn't overbearingly derision or dismissiveness if (when) Silksong isn't shown. It's a real disservice to other small indie devs who really only have this as their main platform to show their hard work and are relying on it so heavily for their game's success.
It must be quite disheartening for a small dev to be extremely happy for your game to be highlighted in an Indie Showcase just to read reactions on forums that nobody paid attention or people are disappointed because certain popular games didn't make it to the showcase.

We should probably expect to see 17-18 games today including those in sizzle reels I guess? How many do we usually get in a 20 min Indie World?
The last two Indie Worlds had exactly 22 games, weirdly enough. So I assume Nintendo generally aims to have at least 20 games showcased in these presentations across individual trailers and sizzle reels.

For real though, give me a Lunacid announcement and I will never ask for anything ever again.

Shantae Advance: Risky's Revolution coming to Switch was a foregone conclusion (no way they were only going to release it on GBA carts), but glad to have a trailer!

The worst part of playing on Steam/PC/Deck is that so many games in the indie direct are games I've already played.

hashtag firstworldproblems

Good to see that they didn't spend too much time pretending that Shantae Advance would be a GBA exclusive. That was kinda silly.

Think I've said this before but they've really nailed the format for these Indie Worlds. They're a perfect mix between quick showcases, gameplay, and letting the developers do some talking. Also nice that they let the developers speak in their native languages instead of dubbing over them like they do for the main Directs.

Oh, Backpack Hero is actually pretty great, I’ve seen some streams of it in early access.

Back
Top Bottom